Beaumont, Texas DB Sidney Holmes commits to Bobcats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Beaumont, Texas DB Sidney Holmes commits to Bobcats

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:22 am

Safety committed days after making his official visit to Bozeman.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Beaumont, Texas DB Sidney Holmes commits to Bobcats

Post by bertram » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:48 am

Awesome to see how Conner Firstman's works are still positively impacting Bobcat Athletics 8)

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 am

"Coach Ash is a great guy and I love the whole coaching staff"

That must be the impassionate, stoic coach Ash. :lol:

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 am

msu_agfan wrote:"Coach Ash is a great guy and I love the whole coaching staff"

That must be the impassionate, stoic coach Ash. :lol:
Must have the Ash "effect." :wink:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Clearly didn't read the "fire Ash" thread! :roll: haha,

Welcome to MSU Sidney, and Go Bobcats!!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:42 am

Holmes is a 22-5A (second highest level in Texas) first teamer and an All-State Academic honorable mention.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:18 am

TomCat88 wrote:Holmes is a 22-5A (second highest level in Texas) first teamer and an All-State Academic honorable mention.
Football is huge in Texas, but I always like when someone honors the honors type of guys.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 am

allcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Holmes is a 22-5A (second highest level in Texas) first teamer and an All-State Academic honorable mention.
Football is huge in Texas, but I always like when someone honors the honors type of guys.
That's great. It's the honorable thing to do.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 pm

allcat wrote:
Just to piggy back off your thought, we all know football is huge in Texas, but until my cousin started coaching there I had no idea. My cousin has been an assistant coach in Amarillo for probably ten years, the same school Cunnigham came from, and he told me it's absolutely nuts. For instance they have booster meetings every Tuesday night. He said they have to give their two deep, injury lists, gameplan, etc... to these boosters every week!!Essentially it's like MSUs QB club meetings but about high school kids. He also told me that the big boosters ride the buses to every game with the team, no questions asked. I just think that's crazy, but thought I would shed some perspective on high school football in Texas.

If your left, you aren’t right.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:30 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
allcat wrote:
Just to piggy back off your thought, we all know football is huge in Texas, but until my cousin started coaching there I had no idea. My cousin has been an assistant coach in Amarillo for probably ten years, the same school Cunnigham came from, and he told me it's absolutely nuts. For instance they have booster meetings every Tuesday night. He said they have to give their two deep, injury lists, gameplan, etc... to these boosters every week!!Essentially it's like MSUs QB club meetings but about high school kids. He also told me that the big boosters ride the buses to every game with the team, no questions asked. I just think that's crazy, but thought I would shed some perspective on high school football in Texas.
I started my football career playing PeeWee back in the day in Texas. All I can say is that the drills they had us doing back there were far more demanding than anything I ever did north of the Texas border. It is crazy there...a definite religion. Friday Night Lights gets close...