A look at Montana State's 25 verbal commitments

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

A look at Montana State's 25 verbal commitments

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Here's a list of the players MSU has committed so far with links to articles on 21 of them.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: A look at Montana State's 25 verbal commitments

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:46 am

I have to say this is a very nice looking list of recruits! Of course the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, and we won't taste for a couple of years except with the transfers who have a chance to start this Fall. At any rate, I am not disappointed in the work the coaches have done...on paper!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 am

catsrback76 wrote:I have to say this is a very nice looking list of recruits! Of course the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, and we won't taste for a couple of years except with the transfers who have a chance to start this Fall. At any rate, I am not disappointed in the work the coaches have done...on paper!
And the great thing is the coaches are still not even close to being done yet!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:03 am

VimSince03 wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:I have to say this is a very nice looking list of recruits! Of course the proof of the pudding is in the tasting, and we won't taste for a couple of years except with the transfers who have a chance to start this Fall. At any rate, I am not disappointed in the work the coaches have done...on paper!
yup. It also seems like every year there is a surprise big time recruit that pops up out of nowhere on or close to signing day. Example- Marino last year (even though it didn't work out)

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am

mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
yup. It also seems like every year there is a surprise big time recruit that pops up out of nowhere on or close to signing day. Example- Marino last year (even though it didn't work out)
I mean we need something to talk about during the spring... :wink:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:37 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
What? is it Spring??? 8)

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:45 am

catsrback76 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
What? is it Spring??? 8)
It's an optimist football fan's view of the world. There are only three seasons ... football season (best), summer (second best ... football season is close! And the weather sure is nice), and spring (third best ... spring ball is almost here! Plus signing day!). :D

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:43 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I agree. I'm just starting to get jaded with these surprise big time recruits because I can't remember the last one that actually panned out. Marino last year, Hayes the year before, Cooper the year before that.... It's also interesting that they're all D linemen. maybe that's why our D line seems so short on depth. attrition hitting us hard there.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:46 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I agree. I'm just starting to get jaded with these surprise big time recruits because I can't remember the last one that actually panned out. Marino last year, Hayes the year before, Cooper the year before that.... It's also interesting that they're all D linemen. maybe that's why our D line seems so short on depth. attrition hitting us hard there.
good point, especially last year...... Marino, Leota, Prevost........... #-o

FTG- GO CATS GO!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:13 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
.... Darden before that.

Flowers turned out pretty good though.

So here's a thought. Maybe we, the fans, hype up some of these kids too much, which results in the players seemingly "mailing it in." Then they get passed up by the players who work for the spot.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:32 pm

What is the name of the kid that transferred from Miami? I think he was a tight end.

Punters are people too!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Beau Sandland I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

I hate to EVER say this, but we need more LB and DL transfers. I was really hoping we could find at least 2 drop-downs for both positions, because I fear without the skill and maturity they would bring we will see another weak defense.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:25 am

The Butcher wrote:I hate to EVER say this, but we need more LB and DL transfers. I was really hoping we could find at least 2 drop-downs for both positions, because I fear without the skill and maturity they would bring we will see another weak defense.

Thank you! We ought to be able to pick up more than a few after the Power 5 finishes their spring practices. Why couldn't our staff flip a few of those horses Mac brought over to the DL? The big schools move kids continually, so what precludes that eventuality with us? The Thomas kid is the only one in recent memory to have made the transition to my knowledge.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:32 am

Cat Grad wrote:
The Butcher wrote:I hate to EVER say this, but we need more LB and DL transfers. I was really hoping we could find at least 2 drop-downs for both positions, because I fear without the skill and maturity they would bring we will see another weak defense.

Thank you! We ought to be able to pick up more than a few after the Power 5 finishes their spring practices. Why couldn't our staff flip a few of those horses Mac brought over to the DL? The big schools move kids continually, so what precludes that eventuality with us? The Thomas kid is the only one in recent memory to have made the transition to my knowledge.
Probably because we haven't had the best of luck in keeping a full OL healthy or on campus in the last few years. Two springs ago, there was like six or seven o-linemen available for all of spring ball.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.