Jordan Hoy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

2015hawk
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Jordan Hoy

Post by 2015hawk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:48 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
2015hawk wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
allcat wrote:The kid has wheels. His throwing motion looks odd to me, it looks like he does not follow through.
Very similar to Prukop coming out of high school. Odd throwing motion with absolute insane running ability. Glad he gets to sit for a few years!
Not sure I see the "odd" throwing motion. Makes every throw on the field including 50 yard on the run to his weak side... Eyes are always up and extends every play that needs to be made. MSU is lucky to find the next great TX QB.
Agreed. Give him a few seasons behind Prukop and he will be a special player I believe
It's amazing how many good players there are in Texas. You have to wonder how many that could play FCS ball never set foot on a college field. It's kind of hard to wrap your head around. Hoy, for example, is only considered the third best QB in his district (12-5A). He was selected second team QB, but the league MVP was another QB and if you get that award they don't allow you to be first or second team QB. The first team QB was a junior.

Texas just re-organized its sports classifications and now goes up to 6-A. I believe there's something like 400 5A and 6A teams in Texas. Some AA Montana schools aren't big enough to be in 5A. Rockwall-Heath is around 2,100 enrollment, which is bigger than any AA school here. I think Bozeman is the biggest and it's 1,961 (2013-14 number). Only four schools in Montana are over 1,600.
Right you are about Texas players. However; allot of QBs here (yes I'm in Texas) are the benefit of being in systems that allow them to put up huge numbers. For example, league MVP of Hoy's district was a 4 year starter and listed as a 4 star player on ESPN. But, he never beat or had good numbers against Rockwall-Heath. And he had FBS players that could go at RB and WR every year. School was a pipeline of talent.

Same with the 1st Team QB. Lost to Rockwall-Heath 41-18. Hoy had better numbers and his team won in head to head comp (only year they played).

So to say MSU is getting the 3rd best QB from this District is only to the discretion of the beholder. Not to mention, Texas HS Coaches tend to have agendas on who they nominate and vote for for all district balloting... :wink:

Jordan Hoy led his team further in the playoffs (11 total TDs and 725 yards in 2.5 games) (only played first half of Bi-District Playoff game) than the MVP (other team did not even make it). I want the winner and competitor. Oh, and the fact that he runs a 4.5 and can make every throw, is just s bonus. 8)

You guys will love him.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:22 pm

2015hawk wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
2015hawk wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
allcat wrote:The kid has wheels. His throwing motion looks odd to me, it looks like he does not follow through.
Very similar to Prukop coming out of high school. Odd throwing motion with absolute insane running ability. Glad he gets to sit for a few years!
Not sure I see the "odd" throwing motion. Makes every throw on the field including 50 yard on the run to his weak side... Eyes are always up and extends every play that needs to be made. MSU is lucky to find the next great TX QB.
Agreed. Give him a few seasons behind Prukop and he will be a special player I believe
It's amazing how many good players there are in Texas. You have to wonder how many that could play FCS ball never set foot on a college field. It's kind of hard to wrap your head around. Hoy, for example, is only considered the third best QB in his district (12-5A). He was selected second team QB, but the league MVP was another QB and if you get that award they don't allow you to be first or second team QB. The first team QB was a junior.

Texas just re-organized its sports classifications and now goes up to 6-A. I believe there's something like 400 5A and 6A teams in Texas. Some AA Montana schools aren't big enough to be in 5A. Rockwall-Heath is around 2,100 enrollment, which is bigger than any AA school here. I think Bozeman is the biggest and it's 1,961 (2013-14 number). Only four schools in Montana are over 1,600.
Right you are about Texas players. However; allot of QBs here (yes I'm in Texas) are the benefit of being in systems that allow them to put up huge numbers. For example, league MVP of Hoy's district was a 4 year starter and listed as a 4 star player on ESPN. But, he never beat or had good numbers against Rockwall-Heath. And he had FBS players that could go at RB and WR every year. School was a pipeline of talent.

Same with the 1st Team QB. Lost to Rockwall-Heath 41-18. Hoy had better numbers and his team won in head to head comp (only year they played).

So to say MSU is getting the 3rd best QB from this District is only to the discretion of the beholder. Not to mention, Texas HS Coaches tend to have agendas on who they nominate and vote for for all district balloting... :wink:

Jordan Hoy led his team further in the playoffs (11 total TDs and 725 yards in 2.5 games) (only played first half of Bi-District Playoff game) than the MVP (other team did not even make it). I want the winner and competitor. Oh, and the fact that he runs a 4.5 and can make every throw, is just s bonus. 8)

You guys will love him.
That sounds pretty great, thanks for the info hawk!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 pm

I know we have had several kids from Rockwall High Schools. Everett Gilbert was one. Darius Jones was a db I think.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 pm

He definitely looks to be more of a runner than a passer. He averaged 104 yards a game passing and 70 yards a game running. Only had 3 picks on the year, and completed just under 60% of his passes. Passed for 13 TD's and rushed for 16.

He looks to be a great athlete.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Very impressive pick up! Outside of the experience of McQuery, I think he is a better QB for the Cat's system. It will be fun to see how he matures in the system with Cramsey. A nice fit for the Cats and I think he is going to definitely make an impact.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:He definitely looks to be more of a runner than a passer. He averaged 104 yards a game passing and 70 yards a game running. Only had 3 picks on the year, and completed just under 60% of his passes. Passed for 13 TD's and rushed for 16.

Maybe WR...?

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:47 pm

Last edited by Marana CAT on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

2015hawk
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2015hawk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 pm

wbtfg wrote:He definitely looks to be more of a runner than a passer. He averaged 104 yards a game passing and 70 yards a game running. Only had 3 picks on the year, and completed just under 60% of his passes. Passed for 13 TD's and rushed for 16.

HS offense limited his passing attempts. Bit of a old school coach who liked to ground and pound and control the clock... Recruited to play QB and will play QB. Cramsey loves him and they will be great together.

He is a QB first who happens to be a tremendous athlete. Remember in Texas most 5A and 6A schools all have at least 1-2 legit D1 athletes on defense so putting up numbers here is a legit sign of ability. Jordan definitely made the most of the offense he was in.

Not to mention he is a poised, calm, eyes down the field type of QB. Big Sky Country is in for some good football... 8)

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:57 pm

2015hawk wrote:

HS offense limited his passing attempts. Bit of a old school coach who liked to ground and pound and control the clock... Recruited to play QB and will play QB. Cramsey loves him and they will be great together.

He is a QB first who happens to be a tremendous athlete. Remember, in Texas most 5A and 6A schools all have at least 1-2 legit D1 athletes on defense so putting up numbers here is a legit sign of ability. Jordan definitely made the most of the offense he was in.

Big Sky Country is in for some good football... 8)
The more you say the more I'm excited about him. I believe Everett Gilbert and Darius Jones both played as true freshman here, that just shows how college ready those athletes are. HOWEVER, I hope we can redshirt him this season. Im betting he starts as a redshirt sophomore here. Perfect fit for our uptempo offense

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Marana CAT wrote:http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/201 ... 6A-DII.pdf

Texas 3 A playoffs 2014..
I see Rockwall on that chart. I know there is Rockwall and Rockwall-Heath. I also don't get your post, you say 3 A and the chart says 6A. What am I missing?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Marana CAT

Post by Marana CAT » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm

allcat wrote:
Marana CAT wrote:http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/201 ... 6A-DII.pdf

Texas 3 A playoffs 2014..
I see Rockwall on that chart. I know there is Rockwall and Rockwall-Heath. I also don't get your post, you say 3 A and the chart says 6A. What am I missing?
Sorry grabbed the wrong one. Fixed it..

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

2015hawk
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2015hawk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Mixtape of more of Jordan's highlights (some old and new) and different angles. Pretty cool video with interviews and such.

Stuff the kids like these days... 8)

grizhunter

Post by grizhunter » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:04 pm

2015hawk wrote:Mixtape of more of Jordan's highlights (some old and new) and different angles. Pretty cool video with interviews and such.

Stuff the kids like these days... 8)
Thanks, great video!! Jordan looks like a stud on the field, welcome to the CATS!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 pm

104 ypg passing seems to be quite low if he's going to replace Prukop one day. Tell me what I'm missing?

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

2015hawk
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2015hawk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:

104 ypg passing seems to be quite low if he's going to replace Prukop one day. Tell me what I'm missing?

Read the entire thread. HS was run heavy also had a 1000 yard back. Accumulated 2/3rd of teams offense. Maybe you should watch the video and see.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:24 pm

He is supremely confident in his wheels, but I like that he passes when he could run. No doubt about Jordan, should he mature and learn in the system he is our next star QB!
Last edited by catsrback76 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:26 pm

2015hawk wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

Read the entire thread. HS was run heavy also had a 1000 yard back. Accumulated 2/3rd of teams offense. Maybe you should watch the video and see.
Not to mention Prukop came from a scheme where he ran a ton in high school. He doesn't have to play for two years (hopefully) so he has the perfect situation in front of him.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

2015hawk
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2015hawk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:34 pm

catsrback76 wrote:He is supremely confident in his wheels, but I like that he passes when he could run. No doubt about Jordan, should he mature and learn in the system he is our next star QB!

I think you're right. 8)

Plus his work ethic and intelligence will be a pleasant surprise for Coach Ash and Coach Cramsey... Not to mention he didn't roll out of bed one day and say I want to be a QB in HS. Has been playing the position since he was 7. Has had 2 OCs and 3 different systems in 3 year of HS football. When in the true spread as a Sophomore was player of the week with 300 yds passing and 6 TDs with no picks in his very first HS start. And that was 5A football in Texas (before classification changed to 6A).

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 pm

2015hawk wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:He is supremely confident in his wheels, but I like that he passes when he could run. No doubt about Jordan, should he mature and learn in the system he is our next star QB!

I think you're right. 8)

Plus his work ethic and intelligence will be a pleasant surprise for Coach Ash and Coach Cramsey... Not to mention he didn't roll out of bed one day and say I want to be a QB in HS. Has been playing the position since he was 7. Has had 2 OCs and 3 different systems in 3 year of HS football. When in the true spread as a Sophomore was player of the week with 300 yds passing and 6 TDs with no picks in his very first HS start. And that was 5A football in Texas (before classification changed to 6A).
:shock:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 pm

2015hawk wrote:

I think you're right. 8)

Where will 1, 4 and 22 play next year? I'm pretty impressed with all three of them also. Send them to MSU also, especially 22. Prukop has some competition coming his way.