Woody brandom changes verbal from griz to cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Woody brandom changes verbal from griz to cats

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:As far as what Griz fans do on Twitter, that is out of my control.
Except when you're the Griz fan trolling a MSU recruit's dad by giving him false information, of course. Brandom's dad did nothing wrong, yet you made him think he did. That's trolling in my book, and I have to believe that his target is a Griz verbal had something to do with you not only giving him false information, but also adding Brint Wahlberg to your Tweet, knowing where it would end up.

Nice job! That's some major league trolling. Kudos!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Is this the kind of dedication to the truth that we should expect in the future? I don't see any hedging or caution here, Brint. Just a straight accusation. One could say egriz is libeling Woody Brandom's dad, if they wanted to parse the word "tampering" enough.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=69458
MSU Bobcat recruits dad tampering with Griz commit
Postby BWahlberg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:54 pm

In the recruiting thread but worth calling out. Colter called him out on twitter too.
No wonder I rarely visit egriz. This post is so full of stupid, yet I'm sure the guy is convinced he's being accurate.
Postby griz4life » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:54 pm

He's the father of student athlete committed to MSU, that makes him a fan, which means he cannot initiate contact with recruits and advocate for the program he's a fan of. You cannot be a program surrogate, whether you're doing it on your own or at the request of the school. Was Brandom's scholarship offer conditional on his father getting Villaneuva to commit? Hard to prove a negative.

What a ride

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:27 pm

PapaG wrote:Is this the kind of dedication to the truth that we should expect in the future? I don't see any hedging or caution here, Brint. Just a straight accusation. One could say egriz is libeling Woody Brandom's dad, if they wanted to parse the word "tampering" enough.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=69458
Postby BWahlberg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:54 pm

In the recruiting thread but worth calling out. Colter called him out on twitter too.
So Woody Brandom's dad sent a tweet (now deleted) to Angel Villanueva saying that he should come to Montana State because it will be better for him. All Colter pointed out to the man that he is treading a fine line with tampering with a Griz recruit and he included Brint on the tweet because Brint was the first one to respond to the father's post. He further went on to explain to the father why this was a possible problem. The dad now has deleted the tweets. If anything, Colter was trying to protect Angel, Woody's father, and the Bobcats of any further problem. Take your opinions of Colter elsewhere because we believe he is a valued member of Bobcatnation who was trying to stop a problem before it started.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
So Woody Brandom's dad sent a tweet (now deleted) to Angel Villanueva saying that he should come to Montana State because it will be better for him. All Colter pointed out to the man that he is treading a fine line with tampering with a Griz recruit and he included Brint on the tweet because Brint was the first one to respond to the father's post. He further went on to explain to the father why this was a possible problem. The dad now has deleted the tweets. If anything, Colter was trying to protect Angel, Woody's father, and the Bobcats of any further problem. Take your opinions of Colter elsewhere because we believe he is a valued member of Bobcatnation who was trying to stop a problem before it started.
Why is it a "journalist's" job to (inaccurately) scold the parent of an MSU verbal commit about something that isn't even close to an NCAA violation? Or, was Colter not being a journalist at that point, and just decided to give Woody's dad a smackdown for no good reason?

I like reading Colter's work when I get the chance. He does as good a job covering MSU as we've had in a long time, maybe ever. That doesn't mean that I can't see his Griz side at times, and if it's against the rules to point out his inaccuracies, I guess I should receive a warning. As it is, due to Colter's actions, we have Griz fans harassing Woody Brandom's father on social media, and libeling him by stating he committed an NCAA violation when that's not at all the case.

I didn't make the accusations. That would be Brint, who took what Colter Tweeted and ran with it.

What a ride

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Nothing Colter did was inaccurate. He also didn't scold anyone. He accurately warned the man to watch what he says because he might be in violation if he starts giving MSU money as a booster. What happens on egriz is out of Colter's control. Also, twitter has a setting where you have to accept a person before they can send you tweets. Mr. Brandom should simply make his profile private so those morons stop talking to him.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:04 pm

It was Walberg who said the guy was tampering, so somebody should warn Walberg about making that accusation without using the "potentially" or "possibly" qualifiers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Good grief. Why are the internets so hard?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Pure comedy!
Re: MSU Bobcat recruits dad tampering with Griz commit
Postby CDAGRIZ » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Booster contacting recruit to influence decision. Not a difficult fact pattern, and a pretty clear violation.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

VimSince03 wrote:Nothing Colter did was inaccurate. He also didn't scold anyone. He accurately warned the man to watch what he says because he might be in violation if he starts giving MSU money as a booster. What happens on egriz is out of Colter's control. Also, twitter has a setting where you have to accept a person before they can send you tweets. Mr. Brandom should simply make his profile private so those morons stop talking to him.
I'd say keeping Wahlberg in the loop on this was completely in Colter's control. You guys go ahead and keep defending Griz boosters, though, while they trash the dad of a potential member of MSU's 2015 recruiting class.

We really do have Little Brother Syndrome as a fanbase. It's sad.

What a ride

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:42 pm

PapaG wrote:Pure comedy!
Re: MSU Bobcat recruits dad tampering with Griz commit
Postby CDAGRIZ » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Booster contacting recruit to influence decision. Not a difficult fact pattern, and a pretty clear violation.
CDA is a tool bag.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm

91catAlum wrote:It was Walberg who said the guy was tampering, so somebody should warn Walberg about making that accusation without using the "potentially" or "possibly" qualifiers.

Yeah, that's what I posted. Doesn't make Colter right about giving money to MSU, though, and what that means. My family has had Griz season tickets for 25 years. I've donated money to the Grizzly Hall of Champions. My name is on a plaque there, among other donors. My brother, another MSU grad, donated money to UM. My uncle, who was the starting PG for the Bobcats in the early-to-mid 70s, donated money to UM, and his name is inside their facility, too.

Does that mean I'm a Grizzly booster? My brother and uncle, too? If I Tweet a PSA and say they should consider the Grizzlies, is that an NCAA violation, even though I am a fan and an alumnus of MSU?
Last edited by PapaG on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What a ride

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:46 pm

PapaG wrote:
91catAlum wrote:It was Walberg who said the guy was tampering, so somebody should warn Walberg about making that accusation without using the "potentially" or "possibly" qualifiers.

Yeah, that's what I posted. Doesn't make Colter right about giving money to MSU, though, and what that means. My family has had Griz season tickets for 25 years. I've donated money to the Grizzly Hall of Champions. My name is on a plaque there, among other donors.

Does that mean I'm a Grizzly booster? If I Tweet a PSA and say they should consider the Grizzlies, is that an NCAA violation, even though I am a fan and an alumnus of MSU?
I say try it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Notice the difference between Griz fans' reaction to Brandom flipping, compared to the thread about Daum on this board after his flip to UM.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi ... =1&t=69465

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:49 pm

allcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Yeah, that's what I posted. Doesn't make Colter right about giving money to MSU, though, and what that means. My family has had Griz season tickets for 25 years. I've donated money to the Grizzly Hall of Champions. My name is on a plaque there, among other donors.

Does that mean I'm a Grizzly booster? If I Tweet a PSA and say they should consider the Grizzlies, is that an NCAA violation, even though I am a fan and an alumnus of MSU?
I say try it.
Why not? Why wouldn't anybody whoever donated money to a school for family reasons, yet who you don't want to win, contact PSAs to get the other program in NCAA trouble? Seems easy enough to do, doesn't it? :D

What a ride

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:57 pm

PapaG wrote:
allcat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I say try it.
Why not? Why wouldn't anybody whoever donated money to a school for family reasons, yet who you don't want to win, contact PSAs to get the other program in NCAA trouble? Seems easy enough to do, doesn't it? :D
Alas, if it were only that easy I would think Florida State or Auburn would have paid staffers doing it all the time. They both have had Heisman winners recently where the "rules" just seemed to be suggestions.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:01 pm

allcat wrote: Alas, if it were only that easy I would think Florida State or Auburn would have paid staffers doing it all the time. They both have had Heisman winners recently where the "rules" just seemed to be suggestions.
That's why Colter's entire "warning" is such a joke to me. It's hilarious, and I'm not buying that he was somehow trying to protect the MSU program. Protecting a Griz verbal from outside influences seems more likely. 8)

What a ride

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 pm

PapaG, enough is enough. Let it go, one and only warning. Get back to the topic. And no I don't want to see you piss and moan for 3 pages about me telling you to quit either.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:11 pm

kmax wrote:PapaG, enough is enough. Let it go, one and only warning. Get back to the topic. And no I don't want to see you piss and moan for 3 pages about me telling you to quit either.
Yes sir.

Go Griz! Smear parents of Bobcats PSAs! Back to reading thread after thread of posters whining about Coach Ash and Jamie Marshall! Maybe another "former player" can spill more beans.

What a ride

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:19 pm

PapaG wrote:Notice the difference between Griz fans' reaction to Brandom flipping, compared to the thread about Daum on this board after his flip to UM.

It could be because Brandom switched because the Griz said they didn't need him, while Daum switched because he wanted to be a Griz. Pretty different situations. I'm stoked that Brandom is coming here, but I think it's obvious where he originally wanted to go.

I am intrigued to hear from the fans who only want kids who want to be Cats, cause to me, it looks like Brandom wanted to be a Grizzly.

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RationalGriz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:26 pm

PapaG wrote:Notice the difference between Griz fans' reaction to Brandom flipping, compared to the thread about Daum on this board after his flip to UM.

Two different circumstances. Brandom had already decommitted from UM the prior week after talking with the coaches. Daum situation did not go down that way.