Woody brandom changes verbal from griz to cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Woody brandom changes verbal from griz to cats

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Thought this deserved its own thread. Huge get! 3 star TE. They stole daum, we stole brandom. Brandom is the higher rated recruit out of the 2.

Great addition to this class!

\:D/

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Woody brandom changes verbal from griz to cats

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:40 pm

6'4 220 tight end (converted OL) Corona, CA, Santiago High School. 4.8ish 40.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:43 pm

mslacatfan wrote:Thought this deserved its own thread. Huge get! 3 star TE. They stole daum, we stole brandom. Brandom is the higher rated recruit out of the 2.

Great addition to this class!

\:D/
Lots of options in two tight ends now.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:6'4 220 tight end (converted OL) Corona, CA, Santiago High School. 4.8ish 40.
See some details about this guy on egriz from when they announced he originally signed with them.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:6'4 220 tight end (converted OL) Corona, CA, Santiago High School. 4.8ish 40.
See some details about this guy on egriz from when they announced he originally signed with them.
I'd rather not wade through there.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Would probably need to get medication for STD's.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

blueandgoldblitz

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Payback tastes oh so sweet!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Why did he switch? Is the new griz offense not conducive to tight ends?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:25 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Why did he switch? Is the new griz offense not conducive to tight ends?
Could be. Could be MSU has more of what he is looking for academically.

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:29 pm

The Griz spin is that Stitt didn't have a good fit for a blocking tight end and needed a pass catching tight end/receiver prototype. Also rumors they are picking up Bingham and/or Sims as well so too may chefs in the kitchen. Who knows. Brandon will be a solid pick up though

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:29 pm

He decommitted from um a week or so ago. So not really like we stole him.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:31 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Why did he switch? Is the new griz offense not conducive to tight ends?
Given the choice, what would a reasonable and prudent young man choose: the Gallatin Valley and all the activities in and around the area to include Yellowstone or...sitting on a superfund toxic waste site?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:44 pm

ibleedblue wrote:The Griz spin is that Stitt didn't have a good fit for a blocking tight end and needed a pass catching tight end/receiver prototype. Also rumors they are picking up Bingham and/or Sims as well so too may chefs in the kitchen. Who knows. Brandon will be a solid pick up though
Yeah Brandom is definitely an all around tight end. Great ball skills.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:44 pm

ibleedblue wrote:The Griz spin is that Stitt didn't have a good fit for a blocking tight end and needed a pass catching tight end/receiver prototype. Also rumors they are picking up Bingham and/or Sims as well so too may chefs in the kitchen. Who knows. Brandon will be a solid pick up though
That's all very possible. I don't understand why UM says he such a good blocking TE, he had a lot of receiving yards last season. He seems like an all around solid TE.

Sims wants to play TE, decent chance he lands at UM which would be a bummer, but who knows. Personally I want sims to come here and play DE, I think he'd play early. These last few weeks of recruiting will be interesting

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I can see why Stitt wants to get Bingham and Sims, but calling Woody a blocking TE and SIms and Bingham TE/WR's is complete spin, IMO. Look at their highlights and 40 times.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I can see why Stitt wants to get Bingham and Sims, but calling Woody a blocking TE and SIms and Bingham TE/WR's is complete spin, IMO. Look at their highlights and 40 times.
Idk about Bingham, but Sims is quick as heck. But I agree, to call Woody anything but an overall great TE is a joke. He's had 880 yards receiving, averaging over 16 a catch. With a redshirt year id expect him to play early.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:I can see why Stitt wants to get Bingham and Sims, but calling Woody a blocking TE and SIms and Bingham TE/WR's is complete spin, IMO. Look at their highlights and 40 times.
Idk about Bingham, but Sims is quick as heck. But I agree, to call Woody anything but an overall great TE is a joke. He's had 880 yards receiving, averaging over 16 a catch. With a redshirt year id expect him to play early.
I'm still going to hope we get Sims, but connecting the dots, that seems unlikely.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:
I'm still going to hope we get Sims, but connecting the dots, that seems unlikely.
I'm betting he goes FBS...we will see hopefully he enjoyed his visit here...I rmeember something ljke he wanted to be an engineer. There's more to picking a school than athletics

Bornbobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bornbobcat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:33 am

I'm hoping Simms will pick MSU as a lb or de. His coach Clayton Curley played with Kane. Hoping the new promotion of Kane will help Sims lean towrds MSU, but more than likely he's heading to an fbs school.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:41 am

Bornbobcat wrote:I'm hoping Simms will pick MSU as a lb or de. His coach Clayton Curley played with Kane. Hoping the new promotion of Kane will help Sims lean towrds MSU, but more than likely he's heading to an fbs school.
Yeah I would like to see Sims come in and play DE for the Cats. He could come in play very early and be a stud.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.