TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:08 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:So which of these games do you think they're going to win, exactly?

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota
at Portland State
at Idaho State
Eastern Washington
at Montana State

In all honesty I don't have a clue what to expect. I'm not certain anyone does. I'm pretty certain Stitt plans on coming out swinging. To say there is a huge difference between him and MD is an understatement. Only time will tell. My GUESS is Chalich will win the starting position to begin the season. We should still be ok on defense and the O line can only get better (again, understatement) not to mention we may just playing a new recruit or two that may surprise everyone. (I would prefer we hold them back but who knows) Whatever happens it promises to be some exciting games to watch.

I keep looking at the schedule over and over sorting the W and L columns and I just can't bring myself to do it with the huge unknowns. (Mostly Coaches and qb) You guys will have a great season if Prukop can stay in one piece. Was very jealous the first time I saw him play.
Holy cow, do I hate Um'ers (the h is silent) stuff on the football board.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 pm

allcat wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:So which of these games do you think they're going to win, exactly?

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota
at Portland State
at Idaho State
Eastern Washington
at Montana State

In all honesty I don't have a clue what to expect. I'm not certain anyone does. I'm pretty certain Stitt plans on coming out swinging. To say there is a huge difference between him and MD is an understatement. Only time will tell. My GUESS is Chalich will win the starting position to begin the season. We should still be ok on defense and the O line can only get better (again, understatement) not to mention we may just playing a new recruit or two that may surprise everyone. (I would prefer we hold them back but who knows) Whatever happens it promises to be some exciting games to watch.

I keep looking at the schedule over and over sorting the W and L columns and I just can't bring myself to do it with the huge unknowns. (Mostly Coaches and qb) You guys will have a great season if Prukop can stay in one piece. Was very jealous the first time I saw him play.
Could always call names, talk senseless trash and make predictions that never come true....oh wait.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:29 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
allcat wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota
at Portland State
at Idaho State
Eastern Washington
at Montana State

Could always call names, talk senseless trash and make predictions that never come true....oh wait.
I see you guys going 7-4. Losses against NDSU, Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, and us (I truly think we will have our ****** together next year at home). There no name calling, just a prediction. If your defense doesn't stay healthy, I would say 5-6.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:42 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
allcat wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota
at Portland State
at Idaho State
Eastern Washington
at Montana State

I see you guys going 7-4. Losses against NDSU, Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, and us (I truly think we will have our ****** together next year at home). There no name calling, just a prediction. If your defense doesn't stay healthy, I would say 5-6.
I'm wishing 7-4, but I'm thinking 8-3... unfortunately they always have our number, no matter who's at the helm. But Cat/griz is a long way off, and I think we'll have a better understanding where everyone is a few games in. We'll probably know how good the griz are after week one. I do know one thing, if our D gets fixed, we're going to be really good.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 pm

Hopefully by Griz/Cat we have things figured out. When I say I really don't know what to expect it's because I honestly don't. Furthermore I'm superstitious so I would be to blame if I predict wins and we suck the whole season. In all honesty though, I don't see that happening. I'm cautiously (very) optimistic. More so for 2016....17 than this year. Hate to sound like a broken record but U of M is on the upswing, MSU is too for that matter.

OK, I give. Here is my prediction. We go for it on 4th down 43 times during the regular season. Tag this post or save it or whatever is customary. I'll want a prize after the clock ticks to 00:00 in Bozeman.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:Hopefully by Griz/Cat we have things figured out. When I say I really don't know what to expect it's because I honestly don't. Furthermore I'm superstitious so I would be to blame if I predict wins and we suck the whole season. In all honesty though, I don't see that happening. I'm cautiously (very) optimistic. More so for 2016....17 than this year. Hate to sound like a broken record but U of M is on the upswing, MSU is too for that matter.

OK, I give. Here is my prediction. We go for it on 4th down 43 times during the regular season. Tag this post or save it or whatever is customary. I'll want a prize after the clock ticks to 00:00 in Bozeman.
I'll remember for ya. :wink:

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 pm

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:Hopefully by Griz/Cat we have things figured out. When I say I really don't know what to expect it's because I honestly don't. Furthermore I'm superstitious so I would be to blame if I predict wins and we suck the whole season. In all honesty though, I don't see that happening. I'm cautiously (very) optimistic. More so for 2016....17 than this year. Hate to sound like a broken record but U of M is on the upswing, MSU is too for that matter.

I would be pretty excited about Stitt too, it will be very interesting to see his new offense and how it works, especially against a powerhouse like NDSU.

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

I would be pretty excited about Stitt too, it will be very interesting to see his new offense and how it works, especially against a powerhouse like NDSU.
Hopefully we see how it works instead of how it doesn't work. From what I hear he is a pretty sharp guy without the big head Hauck appeared to have....ok, maybe did have. He didn't come in and can everybody wanting his own staff in entirety. He seems open to making whatever adjustments necessary to get the best out of our current players and new recruits. Also, he has like 17 quarterbacks to pick from so one of them has to fit his style.

One of his fellow coaches I believe from mines was quoted in an article within a day of two of his announced hiring saying something to the effect...."Stitty is already looking over NDSU film." Likely that wasn't true but I like the thought of it. Seems to be a go getter that I think will be around for a while if it works out.

Back to TSN. Montana not making the list is fair. Not so sure about having EWU at #3 unless their defense really picks it up. #11 seems about right for you guys and you could certainly climb up in a hurry from there if Prukop stays healthy. He's a riot to watch.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 am

Why do so many griz fans think Chalich will be the starter? A guy that didn't start on a 1-11 team?

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:27 am

He has as much experience as any of the candidates, more actually. He transfered because he wants playing time. I wouldn't think he would have chosen Montana if someone didn't hint to him that was a very strong possibility. He seemed to perform quite well in the games he played in.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 am

GRIZ1STCATS2ND wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Hopefully we see how it works instead of how it doesn't work. From what I hear he is a pretty sharp guy without the big head Hauck appeared to have....ok, maybe did have. He didn't come in and can everybody wanting his own staff in entirety. He seems open to making whatever adjustments necessary to get the best out of our current players and new recruits. Also, he has like 17 quarterbacks to pick from so one of them has to fit his style.

One of his fellow coaches I believe from mines was quoted in an article within a day of two of his announced hiring saying something to the effect...."Stitty is already looking over NDSU film." Likely that wasn't true but I like the thought of it. Seems to be a go getter that I think will be around for a while if it works out.

Back to TSN. Montana not making the list is fair. Not so sure about having EWU at #3 unless their defense really picks it up. #11 seems about right for you guys and you could certainly climb up in a hurry from there if Prukop stays healthy. He's a riot to watch.
Stitt can look over the NDSU film all he wants. They don't do anything special. They just are just physical/fast/stay honest to their gaps and punch you in the mouth on both offense and defense. I think they will be licking their chops going up against a gimmick sideways offense. If the Griz are going to compete with the Big Boys they are going to have to have a power run game as well (especially when it gets late fall/early winter in Montana).

GRIZ1STCATS2ND

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 am

I think that is Stitts plan. If you really read up on him he's not as "gimmicky" as some make him out to be. As Gump would say..you just never know what you're gonna get.

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:53 am

bobcat99 wrote:
09griz wrote:If you guys keep trying, I'll bet someday a sane and rational comment regarding the Griz will be posted... :shrug:
Like every other year, the Griz will do better than what most predict here, and the Cats will do a little worse than what most predict here.

woah woah woah...Griz Fan Griz Fan, that's what happens to me if I ever say anything negative about the Cats.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:58 am

Really glad MSU is projected this high already. When do we play EWU? Within the conference, who besides Poly and North Dakota ought to be upper tier in the conference?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:00 am

ButteWhat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
09griz wrote:If you guys keep trying, I'll bet someday a sane and rational comment regarding the Griz will be posted... :shrug:
Like every other year, the Griz will do better than what most predict here, and the Cats will do a little worse than what most predict here.

woah woah woah...Griz Fan Griz Fan, that's what happens to me if I ever say anything negative about the Cats.
Fish Baiter, Fish Baiter, that's what happens when you keep creating new screen names.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

ButteWhat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I think it's time to go ahead and ban this username. It's really annoying when people post under false pretenses, especially when they are using multiple usernames to promote that deception. If you think I am being unfair, ButteWhat/BadlandsGrizFan, then email me at bradbergum@yahoo.com so you can explain your side of the story. But as of now, you just seem to be ignoring my instructions to stop what you're doing and you haven't even bothered to try to give me any reason to sway from my conclusion.

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm with BAC!!Why does this board put up with this CRAP!!!! Kick this griz troll badlands griz masquerading as ButteWhat the hell off of here, if he's not man enough to post under badlandsgriz then quit trying to pass yourself off as a Cat fan and go back to egriz where you can keep your "we and them" straight . We don't need your constant attempts at what you think is being cute , now everyone knows who you are go crawl back under your rock. By the way no one from Butte would ever be such an a-hole, I hung iron in that town for years and it's the greatest sports town in Montana, you wouldn't make a pimple on a Butte America sports fan's butt, so bug the hell off!! Thanks BAC for exposing this troll!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:57 pm

desmond1957 wrote: Thanks BAC for exposing this troll!!
Ahem ... :D

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

desmond1957

Post by desmond1957 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Sorry, I forgot to include you too, PapaG and thanks to everyone else who has exposed this troll!!Now can we get him the hell off of here???????

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:13 pm

desmond1957 wrote:I'm with BAC!!Why does this board put up with this CRAP!!!! Kick this griz troll badlands griz masquerading as ButteWhat the hell off of here, if he's not man enough to post under badlandsgriz then quit trying to pass yourself off as a Cat fan and go back to egriz where you can keep your "we and them" straight . We don't need your constant attempts at what you think is being cute , now everyone knows who you are go crawl back under your rock. By the way no one from Butte would ever be such an a-hole, I hung iron in that town for years and it's the greatest sports town in Montana, you wouldn't make a pimple on a Butte America sports fan's butt, so bug the hell off!! Thanks BAC for exposing this troll!!
No problem. A few of the posters raised some red flags for us several weeks ago (PapaG was not one of them, for the record), so I have been keeping an eye on it and eventually started auditing his posts and was able to figure it out pretty easily.