TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 am

ButteWhat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
If I was a betting man, I'd say ButteWhat (aka GrizFanWhat?)
I am under the impression that "ButteWhat" is a sock puppet account for "Plainiac."
He has seriously not posted one positive thread about the Cats since he started posting. It has been all doom and gloom with a heavy pro-Griz vibe. Like just one positive thing! I'll give him some bait to do so like...we have a great QB in Dakota Prukop.... Can't really be negative about that right?
Lol no I love Prokup and I love our offense, which is all this board seams to ever talk about, and that irritates me because our offense is doing just fine....our defense sucks, and we continue to decline when the good teams are surging...that's what pisses me off. Unlike some of you I root for both Montana teams when we get to the playoffs although I am a Bobcat at heart. I dislike the grriz but Im pro Montana anything so theres your answer. Just because I view things unbiased it makes me a Griz fan??? that's the first problem with our program. Everything turns into ohh how do we compare to the Griz..and its pathetic. All I want is a good defense and a coach who isn't a sally! End Rant!
Do you think we don't want that type of program as well? All I'm saying is that you don't necessarily give out constructive criticism, you just say our defense sucks and that the Griz are on the upswing. I'll stop calling you a Griz fan just as long as you can have a viable discussion. I am more than willing to have a discussion about how we can improve our defense. Some could say every level needs to be improved but in terms of position (not coach for the sake of discussion), what do you think we need to improve the most? Linebacker play? Coverage technique (a big area in my opinion)? Line pressure from the inside? What do you think ButteWhat?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:34 am

ButteWhat wrote: Just because I view things unbiased it makes me a Griz fan??? that's the first problem with our program. Everything turns into ohh how do we compare to the Griz..and its pathetic. All I want is a good defense and a coach who isn't a sally! End Rant!
You are from unbiased and the majority of what you post,is in fact, a comparison to the griz. Sad indeed.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:59 am

ButteWhat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I am under the impression that "ButteWhat" is a sock puppet account for "Plainiac."
He has seriously not posted one positive thread about the Cats since he started posting. It has been all doom and gloom with a heavy pro-Griz vibe. Like just one positive thing! I'll give him some bait to do so like...we have a great QB in Dakota Prukop.... Can't really be negative about that right?
Lol no I love Prokup and I love our offense, which is all this board seams to ever talk about, and that irritates me because our offense is doing just fine....our defense sucks, and we continue to decline when the good teams are surging...that's what pisses me off. Unlike some of you I root for both Montana teams when we get to the playoffs although I am a Bobcat at heart. I dislike the grriz but Im pro Montana anything so theres your answer. Just because I view things unbiased it makes me a Griz fan??? that's the first problem with our program. Everything turns into ohh how do we compare to the Griz..and its pathetic. All I want is a good defense and a coach who isn't a sally! End Rant!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 am

VimSince03 wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Do you think we don't want that type of program as well? All I'm saying is that you don't necessarily give out constructive criticism, you just say our defense sucks and that the Griz are on the upswing. I'll stop calling you a Griz fan just as long as you can have a viable discussion. I am more than willing to have a discussion about how we can improve our defense. Some could say every level needs to be improved but in terms of position (not coach for the sake of discussion), what do you think we need to improve the most? Linebacker play? Coverage technique (a big area in my opinion)? Line pressure from the inside? What do you think ButteWhat?
I think our past 2 Buchannan award winners at DE have masked our defensive coordinators lack luster play calling and that it showed this year. I wish we were more aggressive specially during late in the game. I think too often our defense plays to not lose instead of taking the fight to the other team and making them take the game from us. I believe this is a trait that is installed by the defensive coordinator. We have very talented kids on defense, but I feel that were handicapping them by our non aggressive play calling on defense. Whether this comes from Ash or Marshall, I'm unsure, probably a combination of both.

mtgrizfankb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtgrizfankb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:00 pm

catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:So our brothers only made the "others to consider" list
Understandably so. New coach, new QB, No Canada at RB, No Wags or Takai on DL, tough schedule. I personally think they will be higher than "others to consider" when things shake out next season. They will still have a very good defense, which keep them in games while they adjust to their new offensive scheme. It can't be denied that they have some explosive playmakers and will have an improved OL. They'll be in the mix for the Big Sky along with EWU, MSU, and ISU.
My early prediction has them at 6-5 regular season, with 5-6 or 7-4 both as possibilities. I don't see them winning less than 5 games and also don't see them winning 8. Schedule too tough for that.
I see them winning 8 games and making the playoffs, probably start off slow, very tough schedule and new Coach, they'll figure it out half way through the year and start to look like the old Griz, probably be playing their best football in November and beat the Cats as we begin our annual decline. ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o
So which of these games do you think they're going to win, exactly?

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*
Cal poly, liberty, Nau, uc Davis, Weber, UND, PSU, Maybe ISU, Maybe MSU.

Cal poly is playing in missoula and will be mid par. Nau will be overrated and get beat in zoo. Only trip up game is liberty because liberty is good. However I think UM beats two of NDSU,EWU, MSU,ISU

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:34 pm

So maybe Haley had inside info that we were getting a new play caller on Defense and why he ranked us so high?

He could have informed the rest of us lol

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:57 pm

mtgrizfankb wrote:
catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:
Understandably so. New coach, new QB, No Canada at RB, No Wags or Takai on DL, tough schedule. I personally think they will be higher than "others to consider" when things shake out next season. They will still have a very good defense, which keep them in games while they adjust to their new offensive scheme. It can't be denied that they have some explosive playmakers and will have an improved OL. They'll be in the mix for the Big Sky along with EWU, MSU, and ISU.
My early prediction has them at 6-5 regular season, with 5-6 or 7-4 both as possibilities. I don't see them winning less than 5 games and also don't see them winning 8. Schedule too tough for that.
I see them winning 8 games and making the playoffs, probably start off slow, very tough schedule and new Coach, they'll figure it out half way through the year and start to look like the old Griz, probably be playing their best football in November and beat the Cats as we begin our annual decline. ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*

Cal poly is playing in missoula and will be mid par. Nau will be overrated and get beat in zoo. Only trip up game is liberty because liberty is good. However I think UM beats two of NDSU,EWU, MSU,ISU

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poly & NDSU will be double digit favorites in zoo. Both teams curb stomped you last year & return most of thei talent.

Griz didn't compete on the road with anyone last year. No way they win at liberty or isu. Probably lose by 2scores in both.

Griz probably beat NAU at home, and always play their beat game of the year vs the cats.

Griz haven't been in a game against Ewoo in 3 years. 0-4 in that stretch.

New coach, new system, new QB. How did that go last time?

I've got a growler of Bozone that says griz don't get to 7 wins.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:26 pm

onceacat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*

Poly & NDSU will be double digit favorites in zoo. Both teams curb stomped you last year & return most of thei talent.

Griz didn't compete on the road with anyone last year. No way they win at liberty or isu. Probably lose by 2scores in both.

Griz probably beat NAU at home, and always play their beat game of the year vs the cats.

I'll take that bet yer gonna regret...

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:04 am

onceacat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*

When I watched the Griz play NDSU and EWU(both games) last year I would have to disagree and say they were absolutely in all 3 games till very late in the 4th. Just saying. And until we prove we can beat them in the brawl..im not going to start talking ****** about them not competing with the best...call me crazy?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:07 am

Call you a Griz fan, if we want to be accurate. :shrug:

Lots of people have noticed the themes of your posts ... let's go ahead and retire this ruse, shall we?

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:09 am

Bay Area Cat wrote:Call you a Griz fan, if we want to be accurate. :shrug:
Ohhh this old chestnut, I just think its retarded to talk ****** if we don't beat them....after a year that we beat them in than brawl...than ****** ya rub it in....but when we lose like we did...its kinda embarrassing. :oops: :oops:

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:09 am

ButteWhat wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:Call you a Griz fan, if we want to be accurate. :shrug:
Ohhh this old chestnut, I just think its retarded to talk ****** if we don't beat them....after a year that we beat them in than brawl...than ****** ya rub it in....but when we lose like we did...its kinda embarrassing. :oops: :oops:
Please be honest.

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 am

And like I've said before...I am a Cats fan first..but I enjoy when both teams are successful!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 am

ButteWhat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*

When I watched the Griz play NDSU and EWU(both games) last year I would have to disagree and say they were absolutely in all 3 games till very late in the 4th. Just saying. And until we prove we can beat them in the brawl..im not going to start talking ****** about them not competing with the best...call me crazy?
NDSU absolutely shut down the Griz offense. Half of the Griz O came on one play, which lead to their only score. EWU was up by 23 by halfway through the 3rd. Griz looked like JV against those 2 teams. Plus, there was the playoff game to put a nice exclamation point on that. All 3 games were 2 scores.

I'm not saying Cats beat the Griz, but ISU probably does, Poly probably does, Liberty probably does, probably does, NAU is 50-50. NDSU & EWU will be 2 TD favorites. Griz might get to 7, but there is no way they get to 8, and are probably going to finish with 6.

09griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 09griz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:50 pm

If you guys keep trying, I'll bet someday a sane and rational comment regarding the Griz will be posted... :shrug:

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

09griz wrote:If you guys keep trying, I'll bet someday a sane and rational comment regarding the Griz will be posted... :shrug:
Like every other year, the Griz will do better than what most predict here, and the Cats will do a little worse than what most predict here.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:35 pm

09griz wrote:If you guys keep trying, I'll bet someday a sane and rational comment regarding the Griz will be posted... :shrug:
Probably the same day the grizz fan base realizes that making fun of NDSU is a poor attempt to hide their jealousy at no longer being the princess at the ball anymore... :shrug:
But they still have Monte...

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:48 pm

ImagineSanta wrote:
Probably the same day the grizz fan base realizes that making fun of NDSU is a poor attempt to hide their jealousy at no longer being the princess at the ball anymore... :shrug:
I don't think anyone is making fun of NDSU, and I think its safe to say everyone is jealous of what they got cookin!

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 pm

ButteWhat wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
I don't think anyone is making fun of NDSU, and I think its safe to say everyone is jealous of what they got cookin!
Thanks badlands. Sure is nice to have you back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

GRIZ1STCATS2ND
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZ1STCATS2ND » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:15 pm

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis
Weber State
North Dakota
at Portland State
at Idaho State
Eastern Washington
at Montana State

In all honesty I don't have a clue what to expect. I'm not certain anyone does. I'm pretty certain Stitt plans on coming out swinging. To say there is a huge difference between him and MD is an understatement. Only time will tell. My GUESS is Chalich will win the starting position to begin the season. We should still be ok on defense and the O line can only get better (again, understatement) not to mention we may just playing a new recruit or two that may surprise everyone. (I would prefer we hold them back but who knows) Whatever happens it promises to be some exciting games to watch.

I keep looking at the schedule over and over sorting the W and L columns and I just can't bring myself to do it with the huge unknowns. (Mostly Coaches and qb) You guys will have a great season if Prukop can stay in one piece. Was very jealous the first time I saw him play.