TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:17 pm

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: TSN Haley has MSU at #11

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Everyone knows that it won't be our offense that holds us back next year, it will be our defense. That has got to be our #1 and #2 priorities!!!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:53 pm

So our brothers only made the "others to consider" list

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:04 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:So our brothers only made the "others to consider" list
Understandably so. New coach, new QB, No Canada at RB, No Wags or Takai on DL, tough schedule. I personally think they will be higher than "others to consider" when things shake out next season. They will still have a very good defense, which keep them in games while they adjust to their new offensive scheme. It can't be denied that they have some explosive playmakers and will have an improved OL. They'll be in the mix for the Big Sky along with EWU, MSU, and ISU.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 am

tdub wrote:
Understandably so. New coach, new QB, No Canada at RB, No Wags or Takai on DL, tough schedule. I personally think they will be higher than "others to consider" when things shake out next season. They will still have a very good defense, which keep them in games while they adjust to their new offensive scheme. It can't be denied that they have some explosive playmakers and will have an improved OL. They'll be in the mix for the Big Sky along with EWU, MSU, and ISU.
My early prediction has them at 6-5 regular season, with 5-6 or 7-4 both as possibilities. I don't see them winning less than 5 games and also don't see them winning 8. Schedule too tough for that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:47 pm

catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:
My early prediction has them at 6-5 regular season, with 5-6 or 7-4 both as possibilities. I don't see them winning less than 5 games and also don't see them winning 8. Schedule too tough for that.
I see them winning 8 games and making the playoffs, probably start off slow, very tough schedule and new Coach, they'll figure it out half way through the year and start to look like the old Griz, probably be playing their best football in November and beat the Cats as we begin our annual decline. ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Lovethecats75 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:
I see them winning 8 games and making the playoffs, probably start off slow, very tough schedule and new Coach, they'll figure it out half way through the year and start to look like the old Griz, probably be playing their best football in November and beat the Cats as we begin our annual decline. ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o
Seeing how you already know the griz will win how about you just send your CAT/griz tickets to me.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:17 pm

"They" and "we" can be so confusing sometimes. :-k

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:21 pm

ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:
So which of these games do you think they're going to win, exactly?

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:36 pm

catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*
If I was a betting man, I'd say ButteWhat (aka GrizFanWhat?) thinks the Griz will go 6-2 prior to the Idaho State game and then sees them beating Idaho State and Montana State while losing to Eastern and finish 8-3. Based off of trends though, it really isn't that bold of a prediction. We haven't shown we can become a better team in Nov./Dec. and the Griz have so he has got a point...even though most of his posts on this board are negative towards the Cats and positive for the Griz.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Looks to me like they could easily have the opportunity to be 0-4 after the first 4 games. That doesn't bode well for an 8-3 season.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:10 pm

catscat wrote:Looks to me like they could easily have the opportunity to be 0-4 after the first 4 games. That doesn't bode well for an 8-3 season.
I guess I could see them beating Northern Arizona because it isn't at Northern Arizona (and I think they are a tad bit overrated). And Liberty has gained some traction in their program the last couple of years but I wouldn't predict a win there. That is where I would start the season for them. 2-2.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Kind of like our success last season (yes we did have success last year guys), it will come down to how their new QB picks up the offense. If they struggle in that department, I would predict 5-6 or 6-5.

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
catatac wrote:
ButteWhat wrote:
catatac wrote:
tdub wrote:

North Dakota State
Cal Poly
at Liberty
Northern Arizona
at UC Davis*
Weber State*
North Dakota*
at Portland State*
at Idaho State*
Eastern Washington*
at Montana State*
If I was a betting man, I'd say ButteWhat (aka GrizFanWhat?) thinks the Griz will go 6-2 prior to the Idaho State game and then sees them beating Idaho State and Montana State while losing to Eastern and finish 8-3. Based off of trends though, it really isn't that bold of a prediction. We haven't shown we can become a better team in Nov./Dec. and the Griz have so he has got a point...even though most of his posts on this board are negative towards the Cats and positive for the Griz.
Ya you pretty much nailed it, and I'm not a Griz fan, I'm just sick of the lack luster performances our very talented Cats teams have had. I'm basically just sick of under achieving. And the Griz always seem to somehow over achieve. But yes you are correct, I think the Griz could go either way against a good Liberty team, lose to NDSU, and either go 2-1 against the last 3 teams or 1-3. Either way that is a brutal ending for the griz....wouldn't wanna play that last 3 game stretch.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Crazy me! I thought this was an MSU 2015 thread!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:57 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
If I was a betting man, I'd say ButteWhat (aka GrizFanWhat?)
I am under the impression that "ButteWhat" is a sock puppet account for "Plainiac."

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 pm

PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
I am under the impression that "ButteWhat" is a sock puppet account for "Plainiac."
He has seriously not posted one positive thread about the Cats since he started posting. It has been all doom and gloom with a heavy pro-Griz vibe. Like just one positive thing! I'll give him some bait to do so like...we have a great QB in Dakota Prukop.... Can't really be negative about that right?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
He has seriously not posted one positive thread about the Cats since he started posting. It has been all doom and gloom with a heavy pro-Griz vibe. Like just one positive thing! I'll give him some bait to do so like...we have a great QB in Dakota Prukop.... Can't really be negative about that right?
He's too fast :wink:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:23 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
He's too fast :wink:
=D^

ButteWhat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteWhat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:26 am

VimSince03 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Lol no I love Prokup and I love our offense, which is all this board seams to ever talk about, and that irritates me because our offense is doing just fine....our defense sucks, and we continue to decline when the good teams are surging...that's what pisses me off. Unlike some of you I root for both Montana teams when we get to the playoffs although I am a Bobcat at heart. I dislike the grriz but Im pro Montana anything so theres your answer. Just because I view things unbiased it makes me a Griz fan??? that's the first problem with our program. Everything turns into ohh how do we compare to the Griz..and its pathetic. All I want is a good defense and a coach who isn't a sally! End Rant!