Dalton Daum flips verbal from 'Cats to Grizzlies

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Dalton Daum flips verbal from 'Cats to Grizzlies

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Bob Stitt offered Daum a full ride and he jumped at the chance to play in Missoula.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Dalton Daum flips verbal from 'Cats to Grizzlies

Post by aucat » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Colter, I don't know how much true credibility the recruiting rankings have on the FBS level,
but overall, they seem to be fairly accurate. Is there any decent ranking for football recruiting
in the BSC and in the FCS division overall? For example, NDSU has now won 4 straight NCs. I assume
they would rank high.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what you have to say about all of this on signing day.

Go Cats

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:49 am

aucat wrote:Colter, I don't know how much true credibility the recruiting rankings have on the FBS level,
but overall, they seem to be fairly accurate. Is there any decent ranking for football recruiting
in the BSC and in the FCS division overall? For example, NDSU has now won 4 straight NCs. I assume
they would rank high.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what you have to say about all of this on signing day.

Go Cats
There isn't even credibility in the NFL for this. Mcshay and Kiper aren't even that good.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress ... -rankings/

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Shoot. Another big loss.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:02 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Shoot. Another big loss.
Nope. We drug another half schollie out of um by offering him a full. That's a gain. He's a grizz at heart all they had to do was match our offer.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:48 am

I attribute this to the Fire Ash thread! 8)

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:54 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
Nope. We drug another half schollie out of um by offering him a full. That's a gain. He's a grizz at heart all they had to do was match our offer.
I agree. He should go where his heart is. He wouldn't have been there 100% for us.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:24 am

bobcatmaniac wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
I agree. He should go where his heart is. He wouldn't have been there 100% for us.
If he would of come here, I do think he would have been 100%. Right now he sees it better over there. The full scholarship has to be hard to pass on.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 am

allcat wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
If he would of come here, I do think he would have been 100%. Right now he sees it better over there. The full scholarship has to be hard to pass on.
I think he would've given it his all here after he got here, but at this point in his life he wants to be a grizz. All um had to do was match our offer. If he or anyone had been wanting to come here, reverse roles, the same thing would've happened. Happens all the time. Not a big deal.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:29 pm

As Ash would say regarding competing against the griz in recruiting or in playing them on the field.

" Aw heck, he's just another recruit lost to another team, nothing special about losing him to the griz"! :D

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:55 pm

catsrback76 wrote:As Ash would say regarding competing against the griz in recruiting or in playing them on the field.

" Aw heck, he's just another recruit lost to another team, nothing special about losing him to the griz"! :D
:lol:

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 pm

I thought it was interesting and a little convoluted when Daum said he really liked coach Stitt who reminded him of his Butte High coach, Arie Grey. If there ever was a guy who is a Bobcat to the bone it's Arie Grey.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 pm

catsrback76 wrote:As Ash would say regarding competing against the griz in recruiting or in playing them on the field.

He'd be right in this case. What else could've been done without breaking NCAA's rules.

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GRIZFNZ » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:I thought it was interesting and a little convoluted when Daum said he really liked coach Stitt who reminded him of his Butte High coach, Arie Grey. If there ever was a guy who is a Bobcat to the bone it's Arie Grey.
Arie and the rest of his family were Grizzly to the bone until UM offered a track scholarship and football walk on while MSU fulfilled his dream of earning a football scholarship.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:I thought it was interesting and a little convoluted when Daum said he really liked coach Stitt who reminded him of his Butte High coach, Arie Grey. If there ever was a guy who is a Bobcat to the bone it's Arie Grey.
Arie and the rest of his family were Grizzly to the bone until UM offered a track scholarship and football walk on while MSU fulfilled his dream of earning a football scholarship.
Thanks for the clarification, so Arie is a die hard cat fan than. :roll: The story that you just illustrated has been going on for years. I know it's hard for you to believe that there have been die hard Cat fans whom ended up playing for UM. Lance Spencer who was a die hard Cat fan, so was his whole family, didn't get scholarship at MSU so he went to UM.You know what they say the rest is history.

If your left, you aren’t right.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:30 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, so Arie is a die hard cat fan than. :roll: The story that you just illustrated has been going on for years. I know it's hard for you to believe that there have been die hard Cat fans whom ended up playing for UM. Lance Spencer who was a die hard Cat fan, so was his whole family, didn't get scholarship at MSU so he went to UM.You know what they say the rest is history.
Most famous are the Kimballs from Chester. Doug visited UM and Donovan said he wanted to start a new tradition of Kimballs in Missoula and then ignored him. Doug said the Griz could have had him for the price of a bus ticket, but the cats showed interest and the rest is history. It happens all the time. Allegiances change when someone else is writing the check.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:22 am

grizatwork wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Most famous are the Kimballs from Chester. Doug visited UM and Donovan said he wanted to start a new tradition of Kimballs in Missoula and then ignored him. Doug said the Griz could have had him for the price of a bus ticket, but the cats showed interest and the rest is history. It happens all the time. Allegiances change when someone else is writing the check.

Okay, since tbis is evolving into a black sheep of the family thread, i will throw Gary Richards out there. His whole family played for the Griz and he went to MSU. He made Dennis Erickson look like he could do something besides hand off to Don Haas...

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:56 am

grizatwork wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
This true, Brad or Doug will still tell you that today if you ask them about it.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:57 am

Cat Grad wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:

Okay, since tbis is evolving into a black sheep of the family thread, i will throw Gary Richards out there. His whole family played for the Griz and he went to MSU. He made Dennis Erickson look like he could do something besides hand off to Don Haas...
Gary was a fine football player for sure, but I believe you might be thinking of Ron Bain from Kalispell. Gary was done when Dennis Erickson started as a sophmore. But to show how the story can go on and on....Ron's older brother, Frank was one of the finest running backs to ever come out of Flathead High. He played his sophmore and junior years for FHH coach, Jim Sweeney. Sweeney then went on to Montana State and Frank had a great senior year. Everybody figured Frank was a shoe-in to join Sweeney at MSU, but ultimately he went to UM. Sweeney was very, very "unhappy". Unfortunately, a back injury early in his griz career ended it for Frank.

Heidi-jean
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Heidi-jean » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:24 am

His whole family are Griz fans so it doesn't surprise me at all. Not a big loss in my opinion. The CATS deserve players that have no doubt about the blue and gold. It amazes me how the Butte community is full of Griz fans when so many legendary Bobcats come from Butte.
](*,)