Bo Pelini

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Bo Pelini

Post by wbtfg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Not directly relevant to Bobcat Football, but we as fans can learn a bit from his reactions to the negative attitude in Lincoln and how that affected his players.

Also, he calls the AD a C--t, so that's worth the read in itself. Haha....

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/bo-pelini-in ... l?mode=jqm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SonomaCat

Re: Bo Pelini

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Sounds like Bo was trying to burn the place down on the way out the door. His rant couldn't have helped the players' attitudes about the Nebraska program at all.

I guess another takeaway from this is that, although it is fun to hear stuff like this in other programs, there is something to be said for "coach speak" to the public and taking care of matters quietly and through the proper channels ... even if it doesn't give some fans the catharsis they are hoping for.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Good for Bo.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:25 pm

bobcat99 wrote:Good for Bo.
Yeah, it was entertaining and probably made him feel better for a few moments, but I'm sure he regretted it deeply afterwards (especially when he realized that one of his players recorded it and leaked it).

It was really unprofessional (imagine any of us getting fired and then going back to our teams and saying these same things about our boss in a company meeting ... not good) and will likely keep him from getting a big time job anyplace else for the rest of his career, so it's probably not an advisable path for any other coaches to follow ... which is why most coaches are more careful and conservative with the way they word things that may go public. :wink:

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Yeah, it was entertaining and probably made him feel better for a few moments, but I'm sure he regretted it deeply afterwards (especially when he realized that one of his players recorded it and leaked it).

It was really unprofessional (imagine any of us getting fired and then going back to our teams and saying these same things about our boss in a company meeting ... not good) and will likely keep him from getting a big time job anyplace else for the rest of his career, so it's probably not an advisable path for any other coaches to follow.
He's a good coach. I don't think he'll struggle to get a job.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:30 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:

It was really unprofessional (imagine any of us getting fired and then going back to our teams and saying these same things about our boss in a company meeting ... not good) and will likely keep him from getting a big time job anyplace else for the rest of his career, so it's probably not an advisable path for any other coaches to follow.
We shall see. I'm not sure many ADs of major programs will be very willing to bring on a guy that spoke like that about his prior AD. I know I'd never hire a person who said those kinds of things about his former boss ... no matter how good he/she was. You would naturally assume they would do the same thing to you. There will always be somebody just as good out there without that kind of history.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:15 pm

He was better off just moving on to YSU. Poor decision on his part to discuss it with his former players.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:

We shall see. I'm not sure many ADs of major programs will be very willing to bring on a guy that spoke like that about his prior AD. I know I'd never hire a person who said those kinds of things about his former boss ... no matter how good he/she was. You would naturally assume they would do the same thing to you. There will always be somebody just as good out there without that kind of history.
Pellini will never get another big time job. He had a lousy relationship with the press and the boosters. Money rules and no AD wants someone that creates problems with the big donors. I think they could overlook the rant, but not the past.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Why would anyone ever want to coach the Huskers. No national Champ. No Job

dencat91
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by dencat91 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:22 pm

I remember Calahan having a great season and they canned him.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 pm

dencat91 wrote:Why would anyone ever want to coach the Huskers. No national Champ. No Job
Isn't Florida the same?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:

:goodpost: completely accurate BAC

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level