The best coach for Um is????

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:04 am

#1. Bob Hauck???

#2. Bob Stitts???

#3. Brent Pease???

#4. Beau Baldwin??

What say you?

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: The best coach for Um is????

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:05 am

It'll be Pease if he wants it.

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Doc3kgt » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:13 am

Who gives a sh!t. But since you asked...the best coach for um is the one that stands the best chance of putting them into a 10 year losing streak.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:15 am

I think their best option is Hauck.

Hauck likes the Power run game, with big offensive linemen, fullbacks, play-action and pocket passing from under center.

In my opinion, this is the best style of Offense for the Big Sky right now. Reason: Every defense is gearing up to stop the speed attacks of EWU, MSU, UM (previously), recently ISU, etc. These kind of defenses are vulnerable to the power running game similar to NDSU and even SDSU (as we know). This is part of the reason that Cal Poly has the success that they have - you only see their offense once a season, and it's tough to prep for it in only one week of practice with personnel designed to stop the spread.
In addition, everyone is recruiting for the spread type of offense, leaving guys that are more suited to power offenses in greater supply.
This is part of why Don Read was so successful.....no one was geared up to stop his type of offensive speed. It's a different Big Sky now than it was then.

If Stitt is hired, he may be an offensive genius...but every defense in the Big Sky is gearing up to stop spread style offenses. He may still be successful.....I don't know. Just a higher hill to climb.

I love the offense that we are running.....and we have recruited very well to run it. But if I were in charge of a team, and starting over right now....in 2014, I'd move to a power run game, with play-action passing off of it. my two cents

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:28 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:I think their best option is Hauck.

Hauck likes the Power run game, with big offensive linemen, fullbacks, play-action and pocket passing from under center.

In my opinion, this is the best style of Offense for the Big Sky right now. Reason: Every defense is gearing up to stop the speed attacks of EWU, MSU, UM (previously), recently ISU, etc. These kind of defenses are vulnerable to the power running game similar to NDSU and even SDSU (as we know). This is part of the reason that Cal Poly has the success that they have - you only see their offense once a season, and it's tough to prep for it in only one week of practice with personnel designed to stop the spread.
In addition, everyone is recruiting for the spread type of offense, leaving guys that are more suited to power offenses in greater supply.
This is part of why Don Read was so successful.....no one was geared up to stop his type of offensive speed. It's a different Big Sky now than it was then.

If Stitt is hired, he may be an offensive genius...but every defense in the Big Sky is gearing up to stop spread style offenses. He may still be successful.....I don't know. Just a higher hill to climb.

I love the offense that we are running.....and we have recruited very well to run it. But if I were in charge of a team, and starting over right now....in 2014, I'd move to a power run game, with play-action passing off of it. my two cents
First and foremost, I think our offense has a great mix of both power and spread schemes so I'm happy. But another great thing about running an effective power run scheme is that not only does it wear down a defense, but it also makes the game shorter and keeps the other high-flying offense off the field. Kills two birds with one stone. But like I said, you have to run it effectively...and you have to have a decent defense.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:34 am

My opinion is that Stitts is what the university needs at this stage! He has a squeaky clean image, a positive role model with the players and is innovative! I think his influence in the BSC will only be positive compared to Bob Hawk who is a known commodity of arrogance and selfishness.

IMO
:coffee:

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 am

My vote is to move this thread to College athletics. FTG

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Aside from Xs and Os I hope for a coach that all Montanans can have respect for regardless of what team they root for. I would hate for them to get another jerk like they had a couple of coaches ago. I also want them to get one that is good enough to be second place right behind us every year. \:D/

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Earle Solomonson would be there best choice IMHO.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Steve » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Who fing cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:01 am

catsrback76 wrote:My opinion is that Stitts is what the university needs at this stage! He has a squeaky clean image, a positive role model with the players and is innovative! I think his influence in the BSC will only be positive compared to Bob Hawk who is a known commodity of arrogance and selfishness.

IMO
:coffee:
chicken dinner

Stitt Happened
http://footballscoop.com/news/stitthapp ... d-montana/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bigkid » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:40 am

Better question would be does the cats head coach have enough balls to can his defensive coordinator. But to answer the original question. Brent Pease would be Montana's best choice. He has a good offensive mind and enough grit to incorporate both Stitts and Bobby into one. Plus he is Griz through and through......knows what it means to whack the cats! 8)

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:01 pm

bigkid wrote:Better question would be does the cats head coach have enough balls to can his defensive coordinator. But to answer the original question. Brent Pease would be Montana's best choice. He has a good offensive mind and enough grit to incorporate both Stitts and Bobby into one. Plus he is Griz through and through......knows what it means to whack the cats! 8)
I agree. Pease as a coach at UM would be best for UM.

Bob Stitt is another Rob Ash. :shrug:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm voting for Kim Jong-un with Dennis Rodman as the D-Coordinator. They would win the nc or else.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Blackfoot Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Blackfoot Griz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:Who gives a sh!t. But since you asked...the best coach for um is the one that stands the best chance of putting them into a 10 year losing streak.
You should have gone for 16!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Frankly, my dear I don't give a damn.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:30 pm

The one that goes 0-11 in their first year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
bigkid wrote:Better question would be does the cats head coach have enough balls to can his defensive coordinator. But to answer the original question. Brent Pease would be Montana's best choice. He has a good offensive mind and enough grit to incorporate both Stitts and Bobby into one. Plus he is Griz through and through......knows what it means to whack the cats! 8)

I don't think Stitts will be as successful there as Ash has been here.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 pm

catatac wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:

I don't think Stitts will be as successful there as Ash has been here.
2-6?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Stitt is probably the type of coach who would rather beat the Cats then make the playoffs.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."