Defensive Philosophy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Defensive Philosophy

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:52 am

Here's an article on Clancy Pendergast, a very good D Coordinator who has been in NFL and College. He's currently out of a job (not saying we could get him.....we probably can't). I just found it interesting on his thoughts on being a D Coordinator. The 2 most important paragraphs are:

Whatever the scheme, Pendergast says the most important thing to being a good defensive coordinator is being able to adjust your system and understanding your own strengths and weaknesses. "And," he says, "being able to fit your players in it and knowing how to make adjustments during the course of a game depending on how someone's trying to attack you."

Pendergast also believes it's vital to get pressure on the opposing QB. "Whether it's a running quarterback or a passing quarterback, you always try to get them off their spot and give them different looks," he said. "You don't want to be vanilla."

food for thought

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... job-120914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Defensive Philosophy

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:25 am

Hired!!!
=D^ =D^ =D^

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Defensive Philosophy

Post by autocat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 am

At this point I can't justify driving 160 miles one way to watch a defense that can't get lined up to make a play. (Not the players fault) The defense has gotten worse every year, if Mr. Rogers and the D-coordinator are that inept, then I'm done.

If the season started tomorrow, there would be two good seats available in section 110