Stadium beer sales

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Re: Stadium beer sales

Post by FTG06' » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:17 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
FTG06' wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:Technically there is beer sales at games right now, only if your part of "who's who of MSU". So....do the proceeds from those sales go to the Bobcat Club, Quarterback Club or MSU athletic's?

So doesn't that technically mean it's already allowed?

The question is...for the fan's who sit outside(where the team can hear our cheering) when do we have the chance to drink a beer and watch the game at the same time. Will we ever be privileged enough to drink beer in our own stadium. MSU is missing out on a pile of cash. If MSU would sell beer, then they won't have to raise the tail gating fee's, right? One has to out weigh the other in value.
Bozeman as a whole loves to tailor to the "who's who" crowd.

Garbage. If you're going to encourage that VIP culture, then be prepared to offer beer sales to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So let me get this, you two are mad that the people in the boxes can drink while people outside can't? Smart. :-({|= The people in the boxes contribute way more than the average fan.If you think they are catered to but don't contribute to the program more than we do, well i would say your crazy. We need more boxes they pay for themselves over and over.
Hell, let's just demolish all the grandstands and build a stadium that is all box seats!

Money isn't everything.

I LOVE FOOTBALL, I just can't imagine watching a game in person, sitting in a room and drinking wine and eating cheese.
Well said.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:26 pm

and that's how it should be. enjoy a game how you want to enjoy it!

fwiw....very few people in their boxes are sitting quietly drinking wine and eating cheese. you guys are painting these fans with a pretty broad brush...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 pm

From my experiences, watching the game from a suite is basically like allowing your tailgate inside the stadium. Its a huge 3+hour party.

notso
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by notso » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 pm

I can attest (because I did it) there has been more then one hole fixed in the walls of our box (usually because of the D).... There is no sitting in 406

Kevin Good - dirt farmer and Cat fan

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:08 pm

ilovethecats wrote:and that's how it should be. enjoy a game how you want to enjoy it!

fwiw....very few people in their boxes are sitting quietly drinking wine and eating cheese. you guys are painting these fans with a pretty broad brush...
Well we sure don't hear them!!!!

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 pm

ilovethecats wrote:and that's how it should be. enjoy a game how you want to enjoy it!

fwiw....very few people in their boxes are sitting quietly drinking wine and eating cheese........

Maybe......caviar and pate de fois gras (that's goose liver for us peasants.....yes I had to look up what rich people eat)!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:

I would say they money they put into the program more than makes up for the lost decibles of sitting in a box.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:27 pm

wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

I would say they money they put into the program more than makes up for the lost decibles of sitting in a box.
So I put the question on the basketball board: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Does Worthington Arena need suites?

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

Ok but I bet a fair amount are "guests". I donated a fair chunk to the stadium upgrade, to alumni dues etc, my college, tickets, tailgate etc etc. I am worth something.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:34 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

So I put the question on the basketball board: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Does Worthington Arena need suites?
yes. and a winning product. but boxes are vital for programs.

i'm not an engineer but with the current makeup of the brick it seems that boxes at this point would be even more expensive than usual. seems like it would be a huge task. but even some naia schools in the frontier have boxes. it's simple economics. if you have people with money willing to give said money for the ability to enjoy the game in a box you take that money!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:40 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

Ok but I bet a fair amount are "guests". I donated a fair chunk to the stadium upgrade, to alumni dues etc, my college, tickets, tailgate etc etc. I am worth something.
Im in the same boat as you. Even if sales were allowed inside, id continue to rely on my pregame tailgating and smuggling skills over standing in line for a $7 beer at the concession stand.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:45 pm

wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bobcatmaniac wrote:

Im in the same boat as you. Even if sales were allowed inside, id continue to rely on my pregame tailgating and smuggling skills over standing in line for a $7 beer at the concession stand.
me too. \:D/

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:13 pm

I like beer! :suds:

Love Bobcat football! \:D/

Enjoy tailgating! :yes:

Live in Montana for a reason. Don't like being forced to enjoy Game Day somebody elses way. [-X

Go Bobcats!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:From my experiences, watching the game from a suite is basically like allowing your tailgate inside the stadium. Its a huge 3+hour party.
Now that changes EVERYTHING!!! Inside the stadium "tailgating" IS the box seats!!! Ok, I can live with that!

This is a great way to market them!!! :lol:

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:16 am

I am sorry I even asked the question. . This is not what I was expecting when the question crossed my mind for. . Who gives a crap about the privileges given to the box people. Man people are too f'n sensitive in society these days. . This whole attitude that everyone needs to be equal ****** is getting old. . People who choose a different path in life and work hard to make a lot of money deserve the perks in life that come with money. .

I for one do not have a lot of money, nor am I ever going to buy a $5 beer at a football game. . And I really don't care who gets to drink beer now. . All I was hoping for was to close the reentry policy after halftime to keep more than 100 people in the stands in the 3rd quarter

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:50 pm

4thecats wrote:I am sorry I even asked the question. . This is not what I was expecting when the question crossed my mind for. . Who gives a crap about the privileges given to the box people. Man people are too f'n sensitive in society these days. . This whole attitude that everyone needs to be equal ****** is getting old. . People who choose a different path in life and work hard to make a lot of money deserve the perks in life that come with money. .

I for one do not have a lot of money, nor am I ever going to buy a $5 beer at a football game. . And I really don't care who gets to drink beer now. . All I was hoping for was to close the reentry policy after halftime to keep more than 100 people in the stands in the 3rd quarter
Well said, not sure how this turned into a debate on aristocracy so let's get back on topic guys. I agree with you on the no-reentry for what its worth. I was just trying to give you an honest answer from what I personally know about the situation.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:20 pm

4thecats wrote:I am sorry I even asked the question. . This is not what I was expecting when the question crossed my mind for. . Who gives a crap about the privileges given to the box people. Man people are too f'n sensitive in society these days. . This whole attitude that everyone needs to be equal ****** is getting old. . People who choose a different path in life and work hard to make a lot of money deserve the perks in life that come with money. .

Ok, I've now decided to finally make the big money, build my own floating skybox, with a squadron of drones to give me the best views, drink beer during the game. All I'll really need is for kmax to build me aa landing spot on top of his motorhome, so that I can keep tailgaiting with the common people.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:14 pm

People who choose a different path in life and work hard to make a lot of money deserve the perks in life that come with money. .

quarter[/quote]

I worked real hard for 40 years and still am. I'm solidly middle class and am comfortable with that position. So I don't care one way or the other about how folks get their assets/spendable income.

But I believe you should do some research re: what percent of wealth in America is earned and what percent is inherited.

Then see if you are good with your above statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I think the beer in the stadium is a terrible idea. First out bathroom facilities will have to be upgraded, second the rumor is that if this goes in there would be no re entry after halftime if you go enjoy a beverage a little stiffer than beer. I can say that if these things do go into effect I will probably start watching more games from my TV.