Stadium beer sales

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Stadium beer sales

Post by 4thecats » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:48 pm

I know it has been researched in the past few years, and was uunder the assumption that this was going to take place next season. . Is this still the plan?

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Stadium beer sales

Post by kmax » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Highly doubt it, from the plans for next year I've heard this was definitely not a part of them.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

4thecats

Post by 4thecats » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:52 pm

kmax wrote:Highly doubt it, from the plans for next year I've heard this was definitely not a part of them.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
That's to bad. . I think it is a great idea and forward thinking of MSU

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Technically there is beer sales at games right now, only if your part of "who's who of MSU". So....do the proceeds from those sales go to the Bobcat Club, Quarterback Club or MSU athletic's?

So doesn't that technically mean it's already allowed?

The question is...for the fan's who sit outside(where the team can hear our cheering) when do we have the chance to drink a beer and watch the game at the same time. Will we ever be privileged enough to drink beer in our own stadium. MSU is missing out on a pile of cash. If MSU would sell beer, then they won't have to raise the tail gating fee's, right? One has to out weigh the other in value.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:16 pm

The peasants fail again! Damned landlords!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:21 pm

FTG247365 wrote:Technically there is beer sales at games right now, only if your part of "who's who of MSU". So....do the proceeds from those sales go to the Bobcat Club, Quarterback Club or MSU athletic's?

The question is...for the fan's who sit outside(where the team can hear our cheering) when do we have the chance to drink a beer and watch the game at the same time. Will we ever be privileged enough to drink beer in our own stadium. MSU is missing out on a pile of cash. If MSU would sell beer, then they won't have to raise the tail gating fee's, right? One has to out weigh the other in value.
Hey. We could make a few bucks selling beer, but like the old Boston subway ( they charged to get off not on que up "the man that never returned") we could make a bundle by selling beer and charging to get into the bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:26 pm

The man who returnedIMG_3536.PNG

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:28 pm

The man who returnedIMG_3536.PNG

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:49 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:The man who returnedIMG_3536.PNG
Holy crap Maniac. You must really like that song. Must also mean you are older than dirt because you know of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:14 am

Ya apparently I like to post stuff over and over. And yes! I older than dirt and proud of it.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:26 am

FTG247365 wrote:Technically there is beer sales at games right now, only if your part of "who's who of MSU". So....do the proceeds from those sales go to the Bobcat Club, Quarterback Club or MSU athletic's?

Bozeman as a whole loves to tailor to the "who's who" crowd.

Garbage. If you're going to encourage that VIP culture, then be prepared to offer beer sales to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:13 am

FTG06' wrote:

Garbage. If you're going to encourage that VIP culture, then be prepared to offer beer sales to everyone.

So let me get this, you two are mad that the people in the boxes can drink while people outside can't? Smart. :-({|= The people in the boxes contribute way more than the average fan.If you think they are catered to but don't contribute to the program more than we do, well i would say your crazy. We need more boxes they pay for themselves over and over.

If your left, you aren’t right.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:15 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:

So let me get this, you two are mad that the people in the boxes can drink while people outside can't? Smart. :-({|= The people in the boxes contribute way more than the average fan.If you think they are catered to but don't contribute to the program more than we do, well i would say your crazy. We need more boxes they pay for themselves over and over.
Hell, let's just demolish all the grandstands and build a stadium that is all box seats!

Money isn't everything.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:17 am

FTG06' wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:

Hell, let's just demolish all the grandstands and build a stadium that is all box seats!

Money isn't everything.

Um ok, you can choose to believe that, but in reality money is everything, just look at UAB's defuncted football program.

If your left, you aren’t right.

bobcatmaniac

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:36 am

They can have their box seats and beer. I wouldn't sit there anyway. I love being outside and screaming. They sit, have a few martinis or whatever and observe us peasants. We ARE the game.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:44 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:

Agreed Hi-Line - the first and primary thing the people in the boxes to is contribute to Bobcat football - Id think other fans would think that it was a good thing that some pay more that we all might enjoy more.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:46 am

Sometimes the elite will pass us a beverage down to us peasants from the box suites. I ain't gonna rock the boat on this one, long live the nobles! :bow:

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:19 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:Sometimes the elite will pass us a beverage down to us peasants from the box suites. I ain't gonna rock the boat on this one, long live the nobles! :bow:
Man, we sit in row 19 below the Sky Box's, we need to figure out how move up a couple "rows" in life. We'll always be below the BEST.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:20 pm

is there really this much animosity between those that sit outside and those that choose to sit in a box?! :shock:

what about those that sit outside but have club access? i'm curious what kind of fan these guys are deemed to be. :roll:

for what it's worth, there are VERY good fans that sit in a box that are every bit the fan that you and i are. many former cats themselves and people who have done a TON for this university.

do you guys get upset at people with bigger houses than you or those that drive nicer cars? who gives a ******. this is life. some people have more money than other people. and some of those people can be assholes. but let's not lump everyone in this category because they happen to have enough money to watch a game upstairs.

one other thing. many of the people in those boxes PAID for those boxes and in one way or another still pay every year. so if you guys want to be as important as these people you are labeling then by all means put the money together for more boxes. we need more boxes. then you can have beer and liquor and feel important i suppose...

let's just try to remember that rich fan average fan, old fan young fan, sitting or standing, bleachers or boxes....ALL of our fans are important. and in case it's not clear, life isn't fair either. i don't think it's fair that tickets in row one behind the visiting bench costs more than the last row in the pepsi zone either....but alas...that is life. :wink:

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

FTG06' wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
FTG06' wrote:

Money isn't everything.

I LOVE FOOTBALL, I just can't imagine watching a game in person, sitting in a room and drinking wine and eating cheese.