Butte Central DE Marcus Ferriter commits to the 'Cats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Butte Central DE Marcus Ferriter commits to the 'Cats

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Long, rangy end was among the top defensive players in Class A as a senior.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Butte Central DE Marcus Ferriter commits to the 'Cats

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Quite an accomplishment for Butte Central to get in the A title game. By far the smallest school in Class A. I think BC might be small enough to be in Class C.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:14 pm

They only have about 130 kids which is actually middle of the road for some class C schools. It's amazing they continue to compete on the football field and basketball court. I credit their solid coaching and they find a way to get athletes there. Neat to see.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:24 pm

TomCat88 wrote:Quite an accomplishment for Butte Central to get in the A title game. By far the smallest school in Class A. I think BC might be small enough to be in Class C.
Butte Central has 136 students. Dawson County in Glendive has 329 and Anaconda has 326, the next-smallest Class A schools. Belgrade (894), Columbia Falls (691), Laurel (649), Havre (558), Browning (544), Hamilton (513), Polson (511) and Miles City (504) all have more than 500.

Thirty different Class B schools have more kids than Butte Central, 11 don't. Chinook has more as a Class C school than BC and 11 other Class C schools have more than 100 kids. Forty-two Class C schools have between 50 and 100 students. Thirty-seven have between 25 and 50 kids, 27 have less than 25 and five have 10 or less. Judith Gap is the smallest school in the state this year with six students.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:Quite an accomplishment for Butte Central to get in the A title game. By far the smallest school in Class A. I think BC might be small enough to be in Class C.
Butte Central has 136 students. Dawson County in Glendive has 329 and Anaconda has 326, the next-smallest Class A schools. Belgrade (894), Columbia Falls (691), Laurel (649), Havre (558), Browning (544), Hamilton (513), Polson (511) and Miles City (504) all have more than 500.

Thirty different Class B schools have more kids than Butte Central, 11 don't. Chinook has more as a Class C school than BC and 11 other Class C schools have more than 100 kids. Forty-two Class C schools have between 50 and 100 students. Thirty-seven have between 25 and 50 kids, 27 have less than 25 and five have 10 or less. Judith Gap is the smallest school in the state this year with six students.

Isn't Anaconda moving down to B next year?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:41 pm

vike_king wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Isn't Anaconda moving down to B next year?
Along with Libby leaving 20 A schools.

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:54 pm

The MHSA talked to Glendive and Lewistown about dropping to B but they are stay in A for time being.

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Many of you completely miss the point. Central has always competed and the while the enrollment is very small they get kids there from good homes. Ain't a damn one of them on welfare. Anaconda, only 20 miles away leads that state in murder, alcoholism, and suicide per capita. So while enrollment is telling it doesn't always show the big picture.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Sounds like Ferriter has his priorities figured out, school first and football is icing on the cake. Love the fact he is from a smaller school that competes at the top every year. Butte Central produces some great kids and athletes. Welcome to Bobcat country.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:36 am

Boy its nice to see griz legacy players, especially from Butte, come into the light!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:33 pm

a few quotes from twitter:
Blake Hempstead ‏@blakeahssports 49m49 minutes ago
Quote from AHS lineman: If Sims is a PAC12 player, then Marcus Ferriter belongs at Notre Dame. Interesting considering the recent news.
Bill Foley ‏@Foles74 21m21 minutes ago
@blakeahssports Take nothing from Sims, and I never saw Biermann in HS. But Marcus Ferriter is the best Class A defensive player I've seen.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:a few quotes from twitter:
Blake Hempstead ‏@blakeahssports 49m49 minutes ago
Quote from AHS lineman: If Sims is a PAC12 player, then Marcus Ferriter belongs at Notre Dame. Interesting considering the recent news.
Bill Foley ‏@Foles74 21m21 minutes ago
@blakeahssports Take nothing from Sims, and I never saw Biermann in HS. But Marcus Ferriter is the best Class A defensive player I've seen.
Yeah, I honestly can't believe he wasn't given a scholarship. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:11 pm

How many Montana preferred walk on kids
will be receiving academic scholarships? All of them?

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Cat Grad wrote:How many Montana preferred walk on kids
None. I don't believe they get anything the first year. Unless something very unusual happens, such as a true freshman preferred walk on comes into camp and wins the starting job. This is how I think it happens the majority of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:59 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
None. I don't believe they get anything the first year. Unless something very unusual happens, such as a true freshman preferred walk on comes into camp and wins the starting job. This is how I think it happens the majority of the time

In referring to the Best and the Brightest, and other academic scholarships. Not referring to football scholarships.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

In referring to the Best and the Brightest, and other academic scholarships. Not referring to football scholarships.
My fault skipped right over that part. I've only heard of 2 guys right now with amazing grades.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:20 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

My fault skipped right over that part. I've only heard of 2 guys right now with amazing grades.

And they don't count against our football scholarships. I thought as I glanced at the list a couple of them are 4.0 students.

maroon
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by maroon » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:25 am

Ferriter scores 29 points in Maroons' 75-65 win over Browning. 17 in 1st quarter.

http://buttesports.com/maroons-even-rec ... ing-75-65/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;