2015 Commitment List

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2015 Commitment List

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Anywhere but Nevada..... But would like to get this guy.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:16 pm

With an impact DL or two, the class will be very solid. Everything else has been very well addressed.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

On paper the offensive players on this years recruiting list look pretty good. Unfortunately this years defensive list is not so impressive. No difference makers for 2015 (except maybe Tappan). The defensive recruits in general look underwhelming. Maybe some of these kids will surprise. We still have 6 months to bring in a couple more defensive transfers.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

gtapp wrote:On paper the offensive players on this years recruiting list look pretty good. Unfortunately this years defensive list is not so impressive. No difference makers for 2015 (except maybe Tappan). The defensive recruits in general look underwhelming. Maybe some of these kids will surprise. We still have 6 months to bring in a couple more defensive transfers.
I can see what your saying. I do think there is a lot of POTENTIAL on the defensive side. Some speed. Guys like Ira Ojo, and Sam Plucker have me excited. . . same with Sidney Holmes and Chris Robinson. . .none of these guys are polished, but come in with a lot of potential.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Must be forgetting Laboy, Naotala,Carter, and McCabe.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Must be forgetting Laboy, Naotala,Carter, and McCabe.
Yeah I like Gtapps realistic and non-homer posts but this one is a bit off based. Not a fan of calling 18 year olds "not so impressive" and "underwhelming" before they have even played a down of football at the college yet. Ridiculous.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:33 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Must be forgetting Laboy, Naotala,Carter, and McCabe.
Yeah I like Gtapps realistic and non-homer posts but this one is a bit off based. Not a fan of calling 18 year olds "not so impressive" and "underwhelming" before they have even played a down of football at the college yet. Ridiculous.

I tell ya what though... the fact that he referred to our offense recruits as, and I quote- "Pretty good" :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy crap, that's the most positive thing I have ever read GTAPP write in a post! If he is willing to say they are pretty good, then they must be one of the best bunch of offensive recruits we have got in a long time.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:42 pm

And I also think that people forget we got some really, really good (on paper) defensive recruits last year. Grant Collins, Demonte King, Bryce Alley, Tyrone Fa'anono, Braelen Evans, and Toti M. And even add in Curtis Amos's ability to switch to Defensive End. This years class is full of linebackers and defensive ends who show a ton of potential. Seriously watch out for Josh Hill in 2 years. If he packs on 20 lbs....I wouldn't want to be running across the middle. If Sam Plucker gets faster and stronger, he is our future starter at Middle and we can put Grant on the outside where he might be the next Singleton/Jody Owens. And then throw in BJ Ojo's speed and he could even take that spot. I guess my frustration is that Gtapp and others wanted a dropdown transfer or true freshman DL/LB to take on a star role immediately. That just doesn't happen very often and we found one last year with Fa'anono. I think we need to hang our hats a little bit on the fact we have gotten the AA defensive player of the year three years in a row (Jeffries, Collins, and Hill). And Jeffries got to see action last year as a redshirt freshman. He will only keep improving. It took Caleb Schreibes until his redshirt sophomore year to become a dude so watch out for Devin Jeffries next year at the bandit.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:59 am

"It took Caleb Schreibes until his redshirt sophomore year to become a dude so watch out for Devin Jeffries next year at the bandit.[/quote]"

I can't remember but did Caleb start his entire sophomore year? He really did not become an every down player until his junior year if memory serves me right. I could be wrong.

Very few players rarely peak before their junior season and can contribute to winning games playing the majority of snaps on defense . The coaching staff taking a gamble on JC & transfer players was the right move this year. The O Line is ready now and if they stay healthy this should be a record breaking and setting year for the offense.. Grant Collins is going to be one hell of a player but how many LB's start for 4 years ? And if they do how many games does it take for them to be effective? The defense needed experienced guys and regardless what glum and doom Gtapp says , on paper these defensive players we are bringing in this year look impressive. If 2-3 of them buy into the Bobcat way of staying out of trouble and working all thru summer conditioning the defense will be much improved from last year. And that will be enough to make a run in the playoffs.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Marana CAT wrote:"It took Caleb Schreibes until his redshirt sophomore year to become a dude so watch out for Devin Jeffries next year at the bandit.
"

I can't remember but did Caleb start his entire sophomore year? He really did not become an every down player until his junior year if memory serves me right. I could be wrong.

Very few players rarely peak before their junior season and can contribute to winning games playing the majority of snaps on defense . The coaching staff taking a gamble on JC & transfer players was the right move this year. The O Line is ready now and if they stay healthy this should be a record breaking and setting year for the offense.. Grant Collins is going to be one hell of a player but how many LB's start for 4 years ? And if they do how many games does it take for them to be effective? The defense needed experienced guys and regardless what glum and doom Gtapp says , on paper these defensive players we are bringing in this year look impressive. If 2-3 of them buy into the Bobcat way of staying out of trouble and working all thru summer conditioning the defense will be much improved from last year. And that will be enough to make a run in the playoffs.[/quote]

This is how I remember it as well - he did start to get some money his red shirt sophomore year though.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm

bump
howd we do?

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Should Beau Sandland be on here somewhere?
Last edited by kwcat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:35 pm

kwcat wrote:Should Beau Sandry be on here somewhere?
Sandland. And he's on the team but not a part of this specific signing class.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:35 pm

kwcat wrote:Should Beau Sandry be on here somewhere?
I believe he's already enrolled.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Fixed it quick but you were quicker. thanks

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:42 pm

kwcat wrote:Fixed it quick but you were quicker. thanks
Haha sorry. Just making sure everyone knows names correctly.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
kw makes a good point tho. I know Sandland was around last year and did the whole scout team thing, but personally I still consider him as a new guy joining the team for this season. If one can expand the definition of the 'this class' a bit to include this kid, then this class is even better. Ash mentioned him today in a very favorable light and I'm really excited to see what he can do. Miami Hurricane transfers don't land in your lap every day.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
kw makes a good point tho. I know Sandland was around last year and did the whole scout team thing, but personally I still consider him as a new guy joining the team for this season. If one can expand the definition of the 'this class' a bit to include this kid, then this class is even better. Ash mentioned him today in a very favorable light and I'm really excited to see what he can do. Miami Hurricane transfers don't land in your lap every day.

Found a previous post that called him part of the 2015 class. He kind of got overlooked parade wise because of coming in late last year and then redshirting.

Just a refresh of who he is.
Last edited by kwcat on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Funny thing is, drives me crazy when posters get names wrong over and over (like Prokup). I did it twice today. #-o

from Colter's article:
Ash mentioned that, although Beau Sandland was not announced with the class, the staff is considering him just that. The University of Miami transfer redshirted last season with MSU and is expected to take over for Tiai Salanoa, a three-year starter who earned first-team All-Big Sky honors as a senior

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 pm

A thing no one is talking about is is Curtis Amos, with Beau, and then the two guys we signed today we're does that leave Amos? A switch to DE? I thought the coaches really liked him last year athletically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level