2015 Commitment List

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizhunter
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: 2015 Commitment List

Post by grizhunter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:18 pm

my bad, thanks for the clarification!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:25 am

Beaumont, Texas DB Sidney Holmes commits to Montana State
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35242

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:44 am

So Holmes is a safety. Are we not recruiting any corners this year? There are only 5 on the team right now, with only 2 of them ever seeing time(Keeton, Alley). :-k

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 am

rollo_tumasi wrote:So Holmes is a safety. Are we not recruiting any corners this year? There are only 5 on the team right now, with only 2 of them ever seeing time(Keeton, Alley). :-k
Bryson Keeton will be the leader. Jaylen Price should come back from injury. Trace Timmer is a special teams ace. Braelen Evans and Bryce Alley are both highly touted recruits who were tough to redshirt last year. Bryce Alley actually played in one game last year but I don't think it was enough time to not be a redshirt. And Sidney will most likely play corner. If you watch his film, he plays corner a lot. And don't forget that our safety depth is better than last year so guys like Khari Garcia can kind of play everywhere.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 am

Rockwall-Heath QB Jordan Hoy commits to Montana State
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35243

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Rockwall-Heath QB Jordan Hoy commits to Montana State
I like that he also had an offer from Army - tells me he's got some smarts as well. Nice to have Jordan on board. It will be interesting to see if we stand pat on one QB or if we try to add a 2nd this year. I'd like to see us add one more.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:33 am

wbtfg wrote:
I like that he also had an offer from Army - tells me he's got some smarts as well. Nice to have Jordan on board. It will be interesting to see if we stand pat on one QB or if we try to add a 2nd this year. I'd like to see us add one more.
I'd like see us get that Glacier QB as a preferred walk on, have him be the scout team QB, and redshirt Hoy. OR, get Kareem Coles along with Jordan Hoy, and have them begin a 2-3 battle for starting honors when Prukop is gone.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
I'd like see us get that Glacier QB as a preferred walk on, have him be the scout team QB, and redshirt Hoy. OR, get Kareem Coles along with Jordan Hoy, and have them begin a 2-3 battle for starting honors when Prukop is gone.
Sounds like Coles is going to Idaho. Congrats to Idaho head coach Paul Petrino (Helena) on landing him. Looks like a good one. I would think the Glacier QB might be a priority now along with WR Jones. Jones is a stud from what several high school coaches are telling me and they're wondering why he isn't getting full offers. Very fast, but I really like his strength and vision, which makes for a durable player.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Between this thread and the recruiting sticky there are nearly 1,200 posts and 100,000 views. :shock:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

loggy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by loggy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Saw BJ Ojo got a visit from UNLV via his twitter, hope he's just being friendly. :-k

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm

loggy wrote:Saw BJ Ojo got a visit from UNLV via his twitter, hope he's just being friendly. :-k
:evil:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:06 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
loggy wrote:Saw BJ Ojo got a visit from UNLV via his twitter, hope he's just being friendly. :-k
He is getting late interest from a few schools, if you do enough twitter stalking. I think he stays put!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
He is getting late interest from a few schools, if you do enough twitter stalking. I think he stays put!
This is the only thing I hate about recruiting here is the bigger schools that come in late. They can piss off for all I'm concerned. :lol:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:15 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
This is the only thing I hate about recruiting here is the bigger schools that come in late. They can piss off for all I'm concerned. :lol:
If there is one school I'm not afraid of, that would be UNLV. =;

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Just a reminder, Kyle Rietler chose to take a scholarship from Rocky. He can be taken off the list.

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 pm

I liked Erich Pili, I wonder if he will try to join us later or if somebody else will pick him up. I saw we pulled his offer, but didn't sound like he could join the team right away. Another multi year all state heavy weight wrestler, looks a lot quicker on his toes than the other DT that is being talked about. I want quick, agile DT.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:17 pm

asstastic wrote:I liked Erich Pili, I wonder if he will try to join us later or if somebody else will pick him up. I saw we pulled his offer, but didn't sound like he could join the team right away. Another multi year all state heavy weight wrestler, looks a lot quicker on his toes than the other DT that is being talked about. I want quick, agile DT.
If you are comparing Joe Naotola and Erich Pili, Joe is the quicker of the two and Pili is the larger. I think they pulled the offer due to grades. He still has to complete his AA degree and was going to choose between us and UTEP. We probably had other offers on the table that we had to take care of. Quick reminder that we do have a very good 3-star DE/DT in town this week (Rasheed Williams).

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:22 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
asstastic wrote:I liked Erich Pili, I wonder if he will try to join us later or if somebody else will pick him up. I saw we pulled his offer, but didn't sound like he could join the team right away. Another multi year all state heavy weight wrestler, looks a lot quicker on his toes than the other DT that is being talked about. I want quick, agile DT.
If you are comparing Joe Naotola and Erich Pili, Joe is the quicker of the two and Pili is the larger. I think they pulled the offer due to grades. He still has to complete his AA degree and was going to choose between us and UTEP. We probably had other offers on the table that we had to take care of. Quick reminder that we do have a very good 3-star DE/DT in town this week (Rasheed Williams).
Agreed, I was referring to the derailed thread about the Griz DT that had his offer pulled. He was huge but I would prefer Pili or Joe.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Rasheed Williams has some pretty good stats on MaxPreps. And decent size.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:33 pm

RickRund wrote:Rasheed Williams has some pretty good stats on MaxPreps. And decent size.
He is a strong son of a gun and hits like a truck if you watch his tape. He is also getting recruited by UNLV, Nevade, Stony Brook and Idaho State. I'm glad he is our last visit and he knows Chris Robinson, our current top DE recruit.