SDSU Take

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

SDSU Take

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:48 am

After looking at the SDSU Fan Forum it's clear their fans are pretty much in agreement that BSC team defenses are generally bad and the Bobcats especially so. They feel not only will they run the ball at will, but their quarterback should have a banner day vs. our defense. They believe their Missouri Valley Conference built offensive line will eat us up. There is some concern Prukop is the type of QB that can give them some problems. They made a point of the Cats only beating one tough conference opponent.
Their "big" running back, Zenner, 6'0 220 is a stud and tough to bring down. Most or his performances have been in the 150+ range. He rushed against tough Missouri 17 for 109, (6.1 avg), but one run was a 75 yard TD (impressive). The other 16 carries averaged 2.1, not so hot. We have big, strong running backs all over the Big Sky, and while I will say Zenner may be special, we find ways to deal with them.
Cal Poly is a common opponent, a game they won at home 44-18....before CP found their mojo. If Prukop is sound the Cats will certainly score many more than 18.
At home I believe this game is winnable. We should be able to put up 35-40 on these guys. Come on DEFENSE.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: SDSU Take

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 am

Mr Lisle wrote:After looking at the SDSU Fan Forum it's clear their fans are pretty much in agreement that BSC team defenses are generally bad and the Bobcats especially so. They feel not only will they run the ball at will, but their quarterback should have a banner day vs. our defense. They believe their Missouri Valley Conference built offensive line will eat us up. There is some concern Prukop is the type of QB that can give them some problems. They made a point of the Cats only beating one tough conference opponent.
Their "big" running back, Zenner, 6'0 220 is a stud and tough to bring down. Most or his performances have been in the 150+ range. He rushed against tough Missouri 17 for 109, (6.1 avg), but one run was a 75 yard TD (impressive). The other 16 carries averaged 2.1, not so hot. We have big, strong running backs all over the Big Sky, and while I will say Zenner may be special, we find ways to deal with them.
Cal Poly is a common opponent, a game they won at home 44-18....before CP found their mojo. If Prukop is sound the Cats will certainly score many more than 18.
At home I believe this game is winnable. We should be able to put up 35-40 on these guys. Come on DEFENSE.
They may be right!

We'll see on Saturday if BIG MAN month finishes well, or with a whimper! Go Bobcats!!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

I say we score our usual playoff average of 16....but will it be enough?

2024 Resume dominance

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:11 pm

This team is nearly identical to ISU. Zenner is Finney, Sumner is Arias. We need to score a lot if points. It'll be warmer than the ISU game, but the snow will make it slick.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:04 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:This team is nearly identical to ISU. Zenner is Finney, Sumner is Arias. We need to score a lot if points. It'll be warmer than the ISU game, but the snow will make it slick.
i keep thinking that too. i'd like to hear what colter thinks of this comparison. to me they seem almost identical although sdsu's defense is better.

on a side note i tried to use their board and even posted once and while the fans seemed nice, for the life of me i couldn't find out how to navigate through the threads. the format of that board is a mess. :(

JackJD
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by JackJD » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:43 pm

ilovethecats wrote: ... on a side note i tried to use their board and even posted once and while the fans seemed nice, for the life of me i couldn't find out how to navigate through the threads. the format of that board is a mess. :(
SDSUFans.com uses the same software as NDSU's Bisonville...threads set up essentially the same too.

Oh oh. Didn't realize how bad that was (something similar to the Bison) until I typed it. In any event, I've never read anyone making that complaint before.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 pm

JackJD wrote:
ilovethecats wrote: ... on a side note i tried to use their board and even posted once and while the fans seemed nice, for the life of me i couldn't find out how to navigate through the threads. the format of that board is a mess. :(
SDSUFans.com uses the same software as NDSU's Bisonville...threads set up essentially the same too.

Oh oh. Didn't realize how bad that was (something similar to the Bison) until I typed it. In any event, I've never read anyone making that complaint before.
glad i could be the first one. :?

for me, it didn't navigate like what i'm used to here and on egriz. i wanted to talk to the sdsu fans all week but that board was not one i could figure out in terms of where my posts were, who responded to my posts, etc. :shrug: