Think MSU doesn't miss Johnson?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Think MSU doesn't miss Johnson?

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am

Think again.

After suffering a concussion midway through the ASU game and recovering from it Johnson ran for 504 yards on a scant 61 carries in six games. That comes out to an average of 8.1 per run. He had just three carries against UCD and two before pulling his hamstring against Cal Poly. He also has 13 catches for 227 yards in those six games good for 17.5 a grab and four TDs.

Obviously he's a player teams need to account for and with MSU's multiple weapons that's no small chore. Saturday's game vs. SDSU marks four weeks since he was injured.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cheshire-CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Think MSU doesn't miss Johnson?

Post by Cheshire-CAT » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 am

I've always like ShawnJohn - he is a HUGE threat. It surprised me when I attended the Weber game. Listening to the crowd of people sitting around me in section 111, you would have thought he was the worst player on the field. Every single time he got the ball, the griping and moaning was unbelievable. My son finally turned to the lady next to us and asked her how much more she could possibly want than 10 yards every time he touched the ball.

The Cats need him back - much better team with him on the field.

BLUE and GOLD all the way!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:11 am

Cheshire-CAT wrote:I've always like ShawnJohn - he is a HUGE threat. It surprised me when I attended the Weber game. Listening to the crowd of people sitting around me in section 111, you would have thought he was the worst player on the field. Every single time he got the ball, the griping and moaning was unbelievable. My son finally turned to the lady next to us and asked her how much more she could possibly want than 10 yards every time he touched the ball.

The Cats need him back - much better team with him on the field.
That's amazing. It takes a lot of nerve to do something like that. First, he's a college player in his early 20s. Second, you never know if he has friends or family within earshot. I bet the parent's section has some stories to tell. smh

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:21 am

ShawnJohn it's a game breaker. Love watching him get free in the open field

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am

wbtfg wrote:ShawnJohn it's a game breaker. Love watching him get free in the open field
The staff was admittedly patient teaching him how to hang onto the football. Another thread is tearing a kid apart for his propensity to force throws into coverage or failing to recognize he's being baited. Hermanson picked him three times and wouldn't it have been nice to have had the luxury of going deep (I know, picks inside the five but the point being we were not able to go vertical). Johnson is a product of patience and teaching. Hope he comes back 100%.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:31 am

Cat Grad wrote:
wbtfg wrote:ShawnJohn it's a game breaker. Love watching him get free in the open field
The staff was admittedly patient teaching him how to hang onto the football. Another thread is tearing a kid apart for his propensity to force throws into coverage or failing to recognize he's being baited. Hermanson picked him three times and wouldn't it have been nice to have had the luxury of going deep (I know, picks inside the five but the point being we were not able to go vertical). Johnson is a product of patience and teaching. Hope he comes back 100%.
Thats strange Johnson was picked off 3x and never touched the field, that has to be a record.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:27 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Thats strange Johnson was picked off 3x and never touched the field, that has to be a record.
He never said Johnson. Another thread is tearing a kid apart... I bet you can figure out who he was talking about if you re-read it... :wink:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 pm

When Johnson pulled up lame in the Cal Poly game I said, "There goes our season." That we were able to get by Idaho State and into playoffs without him was a very good accomplishment. Hope we can get him back now for a few games.

Topher
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Topher » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Has anyone answered yes to this question!? Good Lord, the answer is an obvious no.

Baha Men....Soooooo much more than "Who Let The Dogs Out"