LOTS of tickets available

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BgCATfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

LOTS of tickets available

Post by BgCATfan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Just went on Tickets West and bought 3 seats in 111 row 1. Looked at other sections while I was there and noticed that there are a lot of tickets remaining.
I know it's Thanksgiving and students are going home and the forecast is terrible, but I was hoping there wouldn't be as many available seats as there are. Hopefully MSU will sell a bunch in the next few days.
I think it was the Furman game in '06 that was on Thanksgiving weekend and wasn't anywhere near a sell-out and it was LOUD and the Cats blew Furman out, hoping for a game like that this weekend!!

msu5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: LOTS of tickets available

Post by msu5 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Sometimes the non sellouts are the best..fans that really want to be there. Couple games come to mind furman, new hampshire, even idaho state game was pretty loud this year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 pm

BgCATfan wrote:Just went on Tickets West and bought 3 seats in 111 row 1. Looked at other sections while I was there and noticed that there are a lot of tickets remaining.
I know it's Thanksgiving and students are going home and the forecast is terrible, but I was hoping there wouldn't be as many available seats as there are. Hopefully MSU will sell a bunch in the next few days.
I think it was the Furman game in '06 that was on Thanksgiving weekend and wasn't anywhere near a sell-out and it was LOUD and the Cats blew Furman out, hoping for a game like that this weekend!!
Those things, and the ass kicking the Griz just gave us will keep some fans home unfortunately. Those of us that do go will be quite loud however.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WSSMommyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WSSMommyCat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I got mine today. My son was one of the lucky students that got a free ticket from Pepsi. That was a cool thing for them to do!

livingstoncat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by livingstoncat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Stopped by and got my tickets at the ticket office about 2:00. They said sales were good....I asked how many had sold. I was told about 7000. Friday had better be a big ticket sales day....

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:11 pm

I wish I had the cash for the trip, because I would definitely be on my way to Bozeman if I did.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Tickets will be way off this weekend. I would be surprised if we even get 13,000 in Missoula. I am going, but there will be a lot of empty seats in my section.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:I wish I had the cash for the trip, because I would definitely be on my way to Bozeman if I did.
Homestake Pass is closed according to the Montana Standard. We're getting a pretty good dump of snow in the Flathead and I hate the drive up the Swan when it's real bad. If you do make the trip, be careful.

Cheshire-CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cheshire-CAT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:28 pm

BgCATfan wrote:Just went on Tickets West and bought 3 seats in 111 row 1. Looked at other sections while I was there and noticed that there are a lot of tickets remaining.
A bunch of tickets must have been released. When I looked this morning, I couldn't find three seats together anywhere on the sidelines, ended up getting tickets in the end zone.

BLUE and GOLD all the way!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Thursday NCAA right now hopefully they'll start to figure out how to broadcast games in the state of Montana

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:51 pm

grizatwork wrote:Tickets will be way off this weekend. I would be surprised if we even get 13,000 in Missoula. I am going, but there will be a lot of empty seats in my section.
I was hoping for 13k here. :-k

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:13 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
grizatwork wrote:Tickets will be way off this weekend. I would be surprised if we even get 13,000 in Missoula. I am going, but there will be a lot of empty seats in my section.
I was hoping for 13k here. :-k
Ya, agree. 13,000 would be a big success IMO.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:16 pm

That thanksgiving weekend is so tough to sell though. The students are gone. Many people have thanksgiving plans. Last weekend of hunting, and now we are looking at snow and cold. Only the diehards will be there.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:20 pm

We have to be resigned to the fact that the announced attendance will be incredibly low. For all the obvious reasons: Thanksgiving, students gone, people traveling, snow storm, bad loss last game, etc. But the crowd will seem larger than the number announced because nearly every ticket sold will represent an actual butt in the seat. There won't be many no-shows like there always is during the regular season. And also, with the NCAA taking most of the money-schools probably have more incentive to under-report their attendance than over-report it like is done in the regular season.

My advice-don't worry about it.

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm

I picked up our 15 tickets after being told at our Cat/Griz party that that many people wanted to go and asking me for tickets. Now I find I have 6 extra because one of my relatives (whoo asked me to get tickets for them) bought 6 :evil: . They are in section 117.

If anyone needs tickets, let me know.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

catbooster wrote:I picked up our 15 tickets after being told at our Cat/Griz party that that many people wanted to go and asking me for tickets. Now I find I have 6 extra because one of my relatives (whoo asked me to get tickets for them) bought 6 :evil: . They are in section 117.

If anyone needs tickets, let me know.
You can't pick you're relatives, only you're friends. But I know what you should give them for Christmas.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Cheshire-CAT wrote:
A bunch of tickets must have been released. When I looked this morning, I couldn't find three seats together anywhere on the sidelines, ended up getting tickets in the end zone.
Wednesday was the day the season ticket seats were released to the public if they weren't claimed. So if you want some idea of season ticket holder turnout, look at what was there yesterday, and then again today. Those were unsold season ticket seats. Of course there are always people doing what I've done in the past - passing on my season ticket seats and picking up the cheaper endzone seats for the playoffs.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Triple C
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Triple C » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Watching from home. ESPN Gameplan - $26. Tickets for 4 - $96. I'd much rather be there in person but tv games just make it way too convenient. Sorry, but just the truth.

Stitt: "Griz got 5 best in state. Small Montana class, but quality" Translation? "We didn't want all of the ones we offered"

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Triple C wrote:Watching from home. ESPN Gameplan - $26. Tickets for 4 - $96. I'd much rather be there in person but tv games just make it way too convenient. Sorry, but just the truth.
WatchESPN login info from a fiend or family member: priceless.

;)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 pm

College football is supposedly the most rapidly declining attended sport in America. Ticket costs (especially students), alcohol availability (minors?), and television availability (fewer black outs). Probably affects home field advantage as much as the things you guys have already mentioned. I'll scream for three.