McQueary to start?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: McQueary to start?

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:The depth chart released today says, Bleskin OR Prukop OR McQueary.
THAT'S informative! :lol:
I'm sure South Dakota State is saying the same thing.
Which is why I guess I don't really care we're all in the dark. If it leaves SDSU in the dark, I'm fine with it. The worst thing is the message board jockeys have to speculate all week, but fortunately the coaches aren't making decisions based on the cumulative opinions of Bobcat Nation. At this point, like TomCat referred to the Cat Griz game, the Cats have to play the hand they're dealt this weekend. If Prukop can go, great. I think he's our best chance for a win. If its Bleskin, I'm OK with that. I believe Saturday was not a true reflection of his ability, however in his starts this year and last he has definitely shown a propensity for throwing the red zone interception. Will he get better with more experience reading those coverages? Maybe, don't know. If both of them are out and McQueary starts so be it. I think Quinn was third on the list at the beginning of the season for a reason, but if he's the best option and next up, that's the horse we ride! What's the saying, "You dance with who you brought?"

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
So me saying that, if ash is playing mind games that he must think he needs them to beat SDSU is the same as you speculating that Jake slept with ash's daughter?

Get off your Fing high horse, This is a FOOTBALL FORUM and I'm talking football... you're trolling
no high horse here. i found it funny and said as much. they are the same in the fact that they are both just complete guess by both of us on stuff that we have no idea about and stuff that we could never find any evidence to support our guess.

your exact words were that you really believe ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu. so you not only think these mind games are needed but also that they are being played. has there been anything to suggest ash is playing mind games at all?

i clearly upset you. i just found it funny. carry on. i'll stop "trolling".
So what is this?
TomCat88 wrote:The depth chart released today says, Bleskin OR Prukop OR McQueary.
There's been no talk how anyone really is, or how far away they are from being ready. To me that ash leaving his competitor to speculate, that's mind games.
You start the week putting someone behind center with the intent of starting, so really that person would be #1 in the depth chart.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 pm

McQueary and we run some wildcat and crazy option plays

Punters are people too!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
So me saying that, if ash is playing mind games that he must think he needs them to beat SDSU is the same as you speculating that Jake slept with ash's daughter?

Get off your Fing high horse, This is a FOOTBALL FORUM and I'm talking football... you're trolling
no high horse here. i found it funny and said as much. they are the same in the fact that they are both just complete guess by both of us on stuff that we have no idea about and stuff that we could never find any evidence to support our guess.

your exact words were that you really believe ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu. so you not only think these mind games are needed but also that they are being played. has there been anything to suggest ash is playing mind games at all?

i clearly upset you. i just found it funny. carry on. i'll stop "trolling".
So what is this?
There's been no talk how anyone really is, or how far away they are from being ready. To me that ash leaving his competitor to speculate, that's mind games.
You start the week putting someone behind center with the intent of starting, so really that person would be #1 in the depth chart.
maybe he just doesn't know yet? it's monday. maybe we just have different opinions on what mind games are. but if this kind of thing is certainly a mind game, and ash obviously thinks he needs these mind games to win...then ash relies heavily on mind games to win a lot of games all season. he's in good company though. lots of coaches play these same games. especially on a monday with our #1 and #2 qb having injury questions.

Gustofer
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Gustofer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm

catgrad05 wrote: This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week.
This is not the time to be "classy" and to be overly concerned about one guy's feelings. Bleskin is a grown man...he'll get over it.

Now is the time WIN. In order to win, you put in your best players and destroy the opposition.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 am

Gustofer wrote:
catgrad05 wrote: This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week.
This is not the time to be "classy" and to be overly concerned about one guy's feelings. Bleskin is a grown man...he'll get over it.

Now is the time WIN. In order to win, you put in your best players and destroy the opposition.
and depending how things shake out...jake might just be our best player available...

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 am

catgrad05 wrote:Here is what I would love to see if healthy. I think we start Bleskin even if Dakota is healthy. Here me out, we all agree ash kept him in the game to long even though he was having a epically bad day. We let jake run the offense ve or even the first qtr just to say we have your back we will get you some positives and then turn it over to the next guy. If Prukop is healthy he finishes the game regardless of if jake is doing well or not. This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week. Let's be honest there is no way he could do worse, this is not bashing Jake as a player just acknowledging a terrible day happened and we all know that it could not happen again. We all have bad days.

If Jake is not 100% you still give him a series of he's able, and if Dakota is also hurt then we see Quinn. I thought he did great and if he truely was part of a three way battle give him the reigns cause the other two have been really good this except for rotten luck.

Thoughts?
No way can we be giving drives to guys to make them feel good about themselves. I'm all for givingBleskin another shot if Prukop ccan't go, but if Prukop is ready, Prukop needs to start. We only have 12-15 drives per game. It's the playoffs. No time to mess around with mind games

WrongleyAccused
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WrongleyAccused » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 am

4thecats wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:Here is what I would love to see if healthy. I think we start Bleskin even if Dakota is healthy. Here me out, we all agree ash kept him in the game to long even though he was having a epically bad day. We let jake run the offense ve or even the first qtr just to say we have your back we will get you some positives and then turn it over to the next guy. If Prukop is healthy he finishes the game regardless of if jake is doing well or not. This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week. Let's be honest there is no way he could do worse, this is not bashing Jake as a player just acknowledging a terrible day happened and we all know that it could not happen again. We all have bad days.

If Jake is not 100% you still give him a series of he's able, and if Dakota is also hurt then we see Quinn. I thought he did great and if he truely was part of a three way battle give him the reigns cause the other two have been really good this except for rotten luck.

Thoughts?
No way can we be giving drives to guys to make them feel good about themselves. I'm all for givingBleskin another shot if Prukop ccan't go, but if Prukop is ready, Prukop needs to start. We only have 12-15 drives per game. It's the playoffs. No time to mess around with mind games
I'm with 4thecats on this but a little bit more over the edge. I'm a real monster like that. To catgrad05, all i can say is WOW. Are we in this to win games or make people feel good about themselves. If it's the latter we accomplished that for everyone wearing maroon last saturday. I can tell you right now if Jake is starting we lose and we lose big! I'm not sure why everyone is so up on making sure Jake feels so good about himself. I don't want to go out and make him feel bad. Sorry you had a bad game, end of story. But my goodness, he has played in 5 games and has turned the ball over 13 times...could be more but I'm running off memory. When is enough enough? If I were coach (go ahead and jump all over that), Jake's next chance would be when McQueary and Prukop are too hurt to play.

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am

I'm with 4thecats on this but a little bit more over the edge. I'm a real monster like that. To catgrad05, all i can say is WOW. Are we in this to win games or make people feel good about themselves. If it's the latter we accomplished that for everyone wearing maroon last saturday. I can tell you right now if Jake is starting we lose and we lose big! I'm not sure why everyone is so up on making sure Jake feels so good about himself. I don't want to go out and make him feel bad. Sorry you had a bad game, end of story. But my goodness, he has played in 5 games and has turned the ball over 13 times...could be more but I'm running off memory. When is enough enough? If I were coach (go ahead and jump all over that), Jake's next chance would be when McQueary and Prukop are too hurt to play.[/quote]

Not only is that Fact but just 100% truth also. Coaches are paid to win. Period. Play who's healthy and more importantly who will win. Jakes a good kid. You don't play because you have a nice personality. You play because you are the best option to win. Some people still think he's the best. If that's the case just write another letter to the Trib about it.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:08 pm

GRZSLAYER wrote:I'm with 4thecats on this but a little bit more over the edge. I'm a real monster like that. To catgrad05, all i can say is WOW. Are we in this to win games or make people feel good about themselves. If it's the latter we accomplished that for everyone wearing maroon last saturday. I can tell you right now if Jake is starting we lose and we lose big! I'm not sure why everyone is so up on making sure Jake feels so good about himself. I don't want to go out and make him feel bad. Sorry you had a bad game, end of story. But my goodness, he has played in 5 games and has turned the ball over 13 times...could be more but I'm running off memory. When is enough enough? If I were coach (go ahead and jump all over that), Jake's next chance would be when McQueary and Prukop are too hurt to play.

Not only is that Fact but just 100% truth also. Coaches are paid to win. Period. Play who's healthy and more importantly who will win. Jakes a good kid. You don't play because you have a nice personality. You play because you are the best option to win. Some people still think he's the best. If that's the case just write another letter to the Trib about it.[/quote]

I disagree strongly with that statement. In the NFL, maybe. At MSU and most colleges not getting paid millions of dollars for BCS Bowl games, no. If that was the case then we wouldn't have shipped off Coach Kramer. That being said I don't think you start a player because he needs it personally, you do what's best for the entire team. I trust that the coaches who are around these kids know that best and will do what they believe is best for the entire team.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:So if Dakota and Jake are both out, Will McQueary start Saturday?
I really think, that he must think he needs to play mind games to beat SDSU
:?
so...nothing has been reported one way or another. we have no idea who is starting. ash is on record last night saying he hopes to have prukop back. but because none of us have any idea you assume that ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu?! :shock:

i bet the coaches get a kick out of this place. :lol:
So we're not allowed to have a hypothetically discussion?
oh you're certainly allowed. just as i'm allowed to disagree with it...

where do we stop? i can give a hundred hypotheticals about every aspect of this team. i think ash kept bleskin in the game because he wanted him badly hurt because he found out jake tried to sleep with his daughter.

i'm well within my rights to think this must be why he kept him in the game against the griz. doesn't mean you guys can't think it's ridiculous.

i find as a general rule of thumb, that if i have no clue about a situation then i'm better just sitting back and letting things play out rather than speculating and guessing what is happening. :wink:

I didn't see a high horse there at all - both hypothetical scenarios are similar in that both are presumptions that they can read another person's mind, ignore other logical explanations, and exist in one person's perception, no matter how absurd both might be in yet another's perception.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

WrongleyAccused wrote:
4thecats wrote:

Thoughts?
I'm with 4thecats on this but a little bit more over the edge. I'm a real monster like that. To catgrad05, all i can say is WOW. Are we in this to win games or make people feel good about themselves. If it's the latter we accomplished that for everyone wearing maroon last saturday. I can tell you right now if Jake is starting we lose and we lose big! I'm not sure why everyone is so up on making sure Jake feels so good about himself. I don't want to go out and make him feel bad. Sorry you had a bad game, end of story. But my goodness, he has played in 5 games and has turned the ball over 13 times...could be more but I'm running off memory. When is enough enough? If I were coach (go ahead and jump all over that), Jake's next chance would be when McQueary and Prukop are too hurt to play.
Everyone needs settle down about Bleskin. Remember his past starts and not the cat/ griz game. There is information about that game that cannot be shared until after this weeks game and it might change your opinion on Jake and the game. I hope Bleskin is the starter this week because he has the winning mentality and drive needed to get past SDSU.

GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GRZZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
WrongleyAccused wrote:
4thecats wrote:

Thoughts?
Everyone needs settle down about Bleskin. Remember his past starts and not the cat/ griz game. There is information about that game that cannot be shared until after this weeks game and it might change your opinion on Jake and the game. I hope Bleskin is the starter this week because he has the winning mentality and drive needed to get past SDSU.
This is ominous...if it is the UM cheated idea, I don't see why it needs to wait until after this weeks game. If it was an injury or something personal, it seems like Ash should have started McQueary...what sort of factor could explain that game away? And I don't mean that as smack at all.

“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 pm

WrongleyAccused wrote:
4thecats wrote:

Thoughts?
This post is spot on as Im sick of hearing of how Jake needs a chance at redemption. He had his chances, im not impressed. Where I watched the game people kept saying if you pull him you will ruin his confidence, really... Im pretty sure we were there to win a college football game.... not to build Jakes confidence. this isnt pop warner football. I personally dont think he has what it takes. His stats say that!

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

McQueary to start?

Post by Lovethecats75 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Prukop, Bleskin, or McQueary, who ever starts does not matter to me. All 3 will have a Bobcat uniform on and I will be cheering my a$$ off for who ever it is.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 pm

I want to see a healthy Quin get the start. I believe we'll like the results.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 am

Not certain if it matters who starts at QB this weekend. Defensively the Cats are just plain "bad"! They have some great kids that you really want to root for, but as a unit the defense has been anything but solid. The QB most likely won't make a ton of difference as we continue to suffer through the annual November "Ash Crash".

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 am

083190 wrote:Not certain if it matters who starts at QB this weekend. Defensively the Cats are just plain "bad"! They have some great kids that you really want to root for, but as a unit the defense has been anything but solid. The QB most likely won't make a ton of difference as we continue to suffer through the annual November "Ash Crash".
Well then you don't need to waste your time following the team or posting here. Lucky you.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:22 am

We need mobility at QB vs SDSU. The grizz saw ISU get no pressure on Bleskin and ISU still got two INTs. The grizz blitzed a lot. SDSU will too.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:31 am

codecat wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:So if Dakota and Jake are both out, Will McQueary start Saturday?
I really think, that he must think he needs to play mind games to beat SDSU
:?
so...nothing has been reported one way or another. we have no idea who is starting. ash is on record last night saying he hopes to have prukop back. but because none of us have any idea you assume that ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu?! :shock:

i bet the coaches get a kick out of this place. :lol:
So we're not allowed to have a hypothetically discussion?
oh you're certainly allowed. just as i'm allowed to disagree with it...

where do we stop? i can give a hundred hypotheticals about every aspect of this team. i think ash kept bleskin in the game because he wanted him badly hurt because he found out jake tried to sleep with his daughter.

i'm well within my rights to think this must be why he kept him in the game against the griz. doesn't mean you guys can't think it's ridiculous.

i find as a general rule of thumb, that if i have no clue about a situation then i'm better just sitting back and letting things play out rather than speculating and guessing what is happening. :wink:

I didn't see a high horse there at all - both hypothetical scenarios are similar in that both are presumptions that they can read another person's mind, ignore other logical explanations, and exist in one person's perception, no matter how absurd both might be in yet another's perception.
Exept one is speculation and one is libel.