McQueary to start?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

McQueary to start?

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:01 pm

So if Dakota and Jake are both out, Will McQueary start Saturday?

If so, then two questions to be asked:
1. who backs him up?
2. does this have an affect on his alleged decision to transfer?

I for one hope all of this is mind games by Ash (I really think, that he must think he needs to play mind games to beat SDSU) and Dakota is a go for Saturday. If not then I say lets see what MacQ can do.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: McQueary to start?

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Rumor alert. Starting qb is last week's 50 - 50 winner.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:04 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:So if Dakota and Jake are both out, Will McQueary start Saturday?

1. who backs him up?

I for one hope all of this is mind games by Ash (I really think, that he must think he needs to play mind games to beat SDSU) and Dakota is a go for Saturday. If not then I say lets see what MacQ can do.
Griebel would be the back-up if McQueary starts.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:08 pm

gtapp wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:So if Dakota and Jake are both out, Will McQueary start Saturday?

1. who backs him up?

Griebel would be the back-up if McQueary starts.
If it were up to me I'd leave Griebel at WR, he's been way more clutch than Trod this season. If all else fails we can always use Trod and run a "Vick" offense.

gocatsgo++
New Recruit

Post by gocatsgo++ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:11 pm

I worry about Mcqueary being able to take a hit. He's skinny guy. So hopefully the O line is able to pull themselves together after giving Bleskin zero protection against the Griz. He is fast though! Similar in play to Dakota it seems. Dakota's injury seems to be pretty bad but Bleskin could be back no doubt.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Not worried at all if McQueary starts. He was mobile. He was hell bent on scoring. He will be awesome!

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 pm

I personally would prefer to see McQuery start over Bleskin at this point. We have seen Jake enough to know by now even when he is on he is turnover prone. This is the playoffs and whoever wins the turnover battle will generally win the game with evenly matched teams.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:06 pm

I really think, that he must think he needs to play mind games to beat SDSU
:?
so...nothing has been reported one way or another. we have no idea who is starting. ash is on record last night saying he hopes to have prukop back. but because none of us have any idea you assume that ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu?! :shock:

i bet the coaches get a kick out of this place. :lol:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Bobby Crane for president!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:17 pm

The depth chart released today says, Bleskin OR Prukop OR McQueary.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 pm

bobcatmaniac wrote:Not worried at all if McQueary starts. He was mobile. He was hell bent on scoring. He will be awesome!
Do you remember that skinny QB from SHSU that torched us two years in a row!? He was tiny and looked like a freshman in high school. It didn't hamper him the few times the Cat D actually laid a hit on him.

If McQueary starts, I think the Cats will be fine he'll be plenty durable.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
so...nothing has been reported one way or another. we have no idea who is starting. ash is on record last night saying he hopes to have prukop back. but because none of us have any idea you assume that ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu?! :shock:

So we're not allowed to have a hypothetically discussion?

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:The depth chart released today says, Bleskin OR Prukop OR McQueary.
THAT'S informative! :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

oh you're certainly allowed. just as i'm allowed to disagree with it...

where do we stop? i can give a hundred hypotheticals about every aspect of this team. i think ash kept bleskin in the game because he wanted him badly hurt because he found out jake tried to sleep with his daughter.

i'm well within my rights to think this must be why he kept him in the game against the griz. doesn't mean you guys can't think it's ridiculous.

i find as a general rule of thumb, that if i have no clue about a situation then i'm better just sitting back and letting things play out rather than speculating and guessing what is happening. :wink:

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

oh you're certainly allowed. just as i'm allowed to disagree with it...

where do we stop? i can give a hundred hypotheticals about every aspect of this team. i think ash kept bleskin in the game because he wanted him badly hurt because he found out jake tried to sleep with his daughter.

i'm well within my rights to think this must be why he kept him in the game against the griz. doesn't mean you guys can't think it's ridiculous.

i find as a general rule of thumb, that if i have no clue about a situation then i'm better just sitting back and letting things play out rather than speculating and guessing what is happening. :wink:
So me saying that, if ash is playing mind games that he must think he needs them to beat SDSU is the same as you speculating that Jake slept with ash's daughter?

Get off your Fing high horse, This is a FOOTBALL FORUM and I'm talking football... you're trolling

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 pm

KittieKop wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:The depth chart released today says, Bleskin OR Prukop OR McQueary.
Jamie Marshall must have released it..........I'm sorry I couldn't resist

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
So me saying that, if ash is playing mind games that he must think he needs them to beat SDSU is the same as you speculating that Jake slept with ash's daughter?

Get off your Fing high horse, This is a FOOTBALL FORUM and I'm talking football... you're trolling
no high horse here. i found it funny and said as much. they are the same in the fact that they are both just complete guess by both of us on stuff that we have no idea about and stuff that we could never find any evidence to support our guess.

your exact words were that you really believe ash thinks he must play mind games to beat sdsu. so you not only think these mind games are needed but also that they are being played. has there been anything to suggest ash is playing mind games at all?

i clearly upset you. i just found it funny. carry on. i'll stop "trolling".

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Here is what I would love to see if healthy. I think we start Bleskin even if Dakota is healthy. Here me out, we all agree ash kept him in the game to long even though he was having a epically bad day. We let jake run the offense for the first drive or even the first qtr just to say we have your back we will get you some positives and then turn it over to the next guy. If Prukop is healthy he finishes the game regardless of if jake is doing well or not. This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week. Let's be honest there is no way he could do worse, this is not bashing Jake as a player just acknowledging a terrible day happened and we all know that it could not happen again. We all have bad days.

If Jake is not 100% you still give him a series of he's able, and if Dakota is also hurt then we see Quinn. I thought he did great and if he truely was part of a three way battle give him the reigns cause the other two have been really good this except for rotten luck.

Thoughts?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 pm

KittieKop wrote:
I'm sure South Dakota State is saying the same thing.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OR Greibel OR Roderick OR Barth OR that scout team guy that plays the guitar.

I'm 75% positive it will be one of those guys.

FTG- GO CATS GO!