McQueary to start?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: McQueary to start?

Post by ImagineSanta » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 am

This season needs to end.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 am

ImagineSanta wrote:This season needs to end.
Or see us win a Natty. 8)

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:38 am

Start whoever gives us the best chance to win. I am sure the coaches are also looking at SDSU defensive weaknesses and will go with the QB best suited to run our game plan. Let the coaches do their job.

As for Bleskin, let's not forget how well he played against ISU. He is obviously talented and capable of starting at numerous Big Sky schools. Bleskin played well backing up McGhee last year also. Let's not let one bad game forget the talent this kid has. If Cody Kirk fumbled 4 times in Cat-Griz last year would we be pushing for him to be benched. Heck no!!! We are fortunate to have 3 quality QB's! Let's get behind whoever the coaches choose!!! I will be there showing my love this weekend!! GO CATS!!!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:39 am

My brother phoned me today to say he saw an Ash quote in the MT Standard that it's still a day-to-day thing. Prukop's knee is progressing but still problematical, Bleskin nursing his shoulder.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:56 am

it sounds like Prukop is definitely NOT 100%, and neither is Bleskin.... I don't think there is even a debate who will/should start, and that is McQueary. You could probably argue that he should have been playing this whole time anyway instead of Bleskin, as his style of play fits this offense (read option) WAY more then Bleskin.

With Coach Cramsey you need a fast/mobile QB- which is Prukop and/or McQueary.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:57 am

Mr Lisle wrote:My brother phoned me today to say he saw an Ash quote in the MT Standard that it's still a day-to-day thing. Prukop's knee is progressing but still problematical, Bleskin nursing his shoulder.

as much as I want to see Prukop play, it is just not worth it if he is not 100%. He is only a Sophmore, its not worth possibly ruining the next 2 years of his career.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 am

Cataholic wrote:Start whoever gives us the best chance to win. I am sure the coaches are also looking at SDSU defensive weaknesses and will go with the QB best suited to run our game plan. Let the coaches do their job.

As for Bleskin, let's not forget how well he played against ISU. He is obviously talented and capable of starting at numerous Big Sky schools. Bleskin played well backing up McGhee last year also. Let's not let one bad game forget the talent this kid has. If Cody Kirk fumbled 4 times in Cat-Griz last year would we be pushing for him to be benched. Heck no!!! We are fortunate to have 3 quality QB's! Let's get behind whoever the coaches choose!!! I will be there showing my love this weekend!! GO CATS!!!
I agree with what you said about Bleskin. But the coaches are not going to pick a QB starter based on the SDSU defensive weaknesses. That's not how they roll... If Prukop can go, he'll be the guy, period. If not, Bleskin will start again unless his shoulder isn't better, then it will be McQueary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

I tend to agree with some other posters, start QM if neither of the other two are 100%. See what he can do knowing he's "the man". If Prukop is close to ready but not quite there, my hope is that JB or QM can get us a W over SDSU and Dakota is close to 100% going to the Fargo Dome. IMO we can't beat NDSU without Dakota, and we may not be able to beat them even with him. South DAKOTA State, North DAKOTA State, DAKOTA Prukop. Seeing the theme here? :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Muck the Friz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Muck the Friz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

catatac wrote:I tend to agree with some other posters, start QM if neither of the other two are 100%. See what he can do knowing he's "the man". If Prukop is close to ready but not quite there, my hope is that JB or QM can get us a W over SDSU and Dakota is close to 100% going to the Fargo Dome. IMO we can't beat NDSU without Dakota, and we may not be able to beat them even with him. South DAKOTA State, North DAKOTA State, DAKOTA Prukop. Seeing the theme here? :lol:

I think QMc would thrive on Saturday. He has to have some confidence leading the only scoring drive in Missoula. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he should have been #2 all year. Home crowd should take some of the nerves off...I say give him the start.

You can't spell dumb without UM...Guck the Friz!
Bobcats = 3 National Titles (we won 3 before they won 1...STILL playing catchup)
Griz = 2 National Titles

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:38 pm

It's good not to look at McQueary as much of a "drop down". He is an excellent athlete. This season the Bobcats faced a couple of QB newbies and they were formitable.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Muck the Friz wrote:
catatac wrote:I tend to agree with some other posters, start QM if neither of the other two are 100%. See what he can do knowing he's "the man". If Prukop is close to ready but not quite there, my hope is that JB or QM can get us a W over SDSU and Dakota is close to 100% going to the Fargo Dome. IMO we can't beat NDSU without Dakota, and we may not be able to beat them even with him. South DAKOTA State, North DAKOTA State, DAKOTA Prukop. Seeing the theme here? :lol:

I think QMc would thrive on Saturday. He has to have some confidence leading the only scoring drive in Missoula. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he should have been #2 all year. Home crowd should take some of the nerves off...I say give him the start.

He is our only QB right now thats 100%, he is a great athlete let him show it. I know its been brought up a couple other places, but who backs QMc?

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:It's good not to look at McQueary as much of a "drop down". He is an excellent athlete. This season the Bobcats faced a couple of QB newbies and they were formitable.
Yeah but how many snaps has he taken all year. If Quinn is the only healthy player at QB, I agree he should start, but my expectations for a breakout game won't be high. I just hope he can run the offense, make a few throws, and only make mistakes that don't take us out of the game. If Quinn can do that I think we have a chance, assuming our backs are healthy and ready to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:30 pm

As I looked at the weather report for Saturday it is showing a temp range of 7 down to -5 sooooooooooo, I just have to believe that will play into the decision for QB! Injured QB's and cold weather are a bad mix... and I would go with Quinn is that is the case. If the field is slippery at all, AND COLD...I would not risk our future with Prukop. Take our lumps, get him healed NOW for the future.

The same goes for Jake. If it is a right shoulder injury I would not put him in under those conditions, unless during practice this week he shows that it is a non issue.

I think the weather might dictate this thing! :coffee:

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 am

BFcatfan wrote:
WrongleyAccused wrote:
4thecats wrote:
catgrad05 wrote:Here is what I would love to see if healthy. I think we start Bleskin even if Dakota is healthy. Here me out, we all agree ash kept him in the game to long even though he was having a epically bad day. We let jake run the offense ve or even the first qtr just to say we have your back we will get you some positives and then turn it over to the next guy. If Prukop is healthy he finishes the game regardless of if jake is doing well or not. This would be a classy move and jake deserves a chance to come back after last week. Let's be honest there is no way he could do worse, this is not bashing Jake as a player just acknowledging a terrible day happened and we all know that it could not happen again. We all have bad days.

If Jake is not 100% you still give him a series of he's able, and if Dakota is also hurt then we see Quinn. I thought he did great and if he truely was part of a three way battle give him the reigns cause the other two have been really good this except for rotten luck.

When I posted this I was thinking more about trying to salvage Bleskins confidence for next year being the backup. Plus I hoped for a good conversation on the topic. That being said I would have to agree with the arguments being made with he has had his chance and way too many turnovers. I knew he turned the ball over a lot and even taking the Griz game out he has way too many for his limited starts. I would have to agree it is time to see how Quinn can do. Prukop is our present but Quinn is the future.

Thoughts?
No way can we be giving drives to guys to make them feel good about themselves. I'm all for givingBleskin another shot if Prukop ccan't go, but if Prukop is ready, Prukop needs to start. We only have 12-15 drives per game. It's the playoffs. No time to mess around with mind games
I'm with 4thecats on this but a little bit more over the edge. I'm a real monster like that. To catgrad05, all i can say is WOW. Are we in this to win games or make people feel good about themselves. If it's the latter we accomplished that for everyone wearing maroon last saturday. I can tell you right now if Jake is starting we lose and we lose big! I'm not sure why everyone is so up on making sure Jake feels so good about himself. I don't want to go out and make him feel bad. Sorry you had a bad game, end of story. But my goodness, he has played in 5 games and has turned the ball over 13 times...could be more but I'm running off memory. When is enough enough? If I were coach (go ahead and jump all over that), Jake's next chance would be when McQueary and Prukop are too hurt to play.
This post is spot on as Im sick of hearing of how Jake needs a chance at redemption. He had his chances, im not impressed. Where I watched the game people kept saying if you pull him you will ruin his confidence, really... Im pretty sure we were there to win a college football game.... not to build Jakes confidence. this isnt pop warner football. I personally dont think he has what it takes. His stats say that!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 am

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a flesh wound!