Cats and Griz on oppisite sides of the bracket

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

goldencat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Cats and Griz on oppisite sides of the bracket

Post by goldencat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:50 pm

If the stars and planets just so happen to come together there is the possibility of a second cat / griz game this year.
The NCAA has for some unforseen reason made the Montana dream matchup. The possibility for the championship game of Montana.
Yes, Montana!
So put away all of the finger pointing and the he said they said cr#p and buy a ticket for this weekend.
The kids will be out busting there as#es to entertain you on Saturday.
They won't be going home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. They will be prepairing to meet the Griz in Frisco, TX.
Oh, one game at a time!
Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Cats and Griz on oppisite sides of the bracket

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm

goldencat wrote:If the stars and planets just so happen to come together there is the possibility of a second cat / griz game this year.
The NCAA has for some unforseen reason made the Montana dream matchup. The possibility for the championship game of Montana.
Yes, Montana!
So put away all of the finger pointing and the he said they said cr#p and buy a ticket for this weekend.
They won't be going home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. They will be prepairing to meet the Griz in Frisco, TX.
Oh, one game at a time!
There is absolutely zero chance that these teams make it to Frisco. Absolutely none. I like your optimism though. If somehow there is a miracle and there is a Cat/griz national championship I'll get a tattoo of a heart with Ash's name in the middle.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:59 pm

utucats wrote:
goldencat wrote:If the stars and planets just so happen to come together there is the possibility of a second cat / griz game this year.
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
There is absolutely zero chance that these teams make it to Frisco. Absolutely none. I like your optimism though. If somehow there is a miracle and there is a Cat/griz national championship I'll get a tattoo of a heart with Ash's name in the middle.
I agree with you. I just don't see either team getting past the second round and the first round is a crap shoot as well.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 pm

utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!

Oh, C'mon... Zero Chance? At least give it a 1% chance, maybe 5%....?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:04 pm

grizatwork wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
I agree with you. I just don't see either team getting past the second round and the first round is a crap shoot as well.
Griz will dominate the first round....San Diego would be a bottom feeder Big Sky Team.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!

[youtube][/youtube]

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:Griz will dominate the first round....San Diego would be a bottom feeder Big Sky Team.
And I believe the converse would be true. 2-9 UC Davis would dominate the Pioneer conference... It is that bad!

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!

.1% maybe?

Griz will look better than they are playing a weak San Diego team, but both the Montana schools really aren't that good this year...

60's Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 60's Cat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Sotallytober wrote:
Bozcat003 wrote:Griz will dominate the first round....San Diego would be a bottom feeder Big Sky Team.
And I believe the converse would be true. 2-9 UC Davis would dominate the Pioneer conference... It is that bad!

Rob Ash came to us from Drake, a member of the Pioneer League. Jamie Marshall played in the Pioneer League.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 pm

utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
I agree, but er-mah-gherd would that be epic. They'd probably have to build a giant wall across the state that week.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

BWahlberg wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
I agree, but er-mah-gherd would that be epic. They'd probably have to build a giant wall across the state that week.
I hope to see it someday, just not gonna happen this year. If it ever did happen hopefully the NC game is somewhere other than boring Frisco. How in the world is the NC game played in the daytime at a soccer park????

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

utucats wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
I hope to see it someday, just not gonna happen this year. If it ever did happen hopefully the NC game is somewhere other than boring Frisco. How in the world is the NC game played in the daytime at a soccer park????
Early on it was in Tacoma (in the rain), at the Citadel in Charleston (hope I get to go there just before Christmas to watch a team play Coastal Carolina), Pocatello in the Dome (Furman and GSU were rightly upset about having to travel across the country, freeze their arses off and get subjected to the culture of the area, at Chattanooga (which is cold and rainy this time of year), and then Frisco won the bid. Yes, I'd like to see it in the Camellia Bowl venue or in Florida but I seriously doubt if any of those communities would be willing to consider putting in a bid or putting up with the type turnout 1-AA has at the championship game. In 2001 when Louis Ivory was out with a blown knee and Furman lost the championship game, there was only about 12,000 people in the announced paid attendance and it was cold, rainy and miserable. Could you imagine playing a championship game up here in the middle of January?

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
utucats wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
Early on it was in Tacoma (in the rain), at the Citadel in Charleston (hope I get to go there just before Christmas to watch a team play Coastal Carolina), Pocatello in the Dome (Furman and GSU were rightly upset about having to travel across the country, freeze their arses off and get subjected to the culture of the area, at Chattanooga (which is cold and rainy this time of year), and then Frisco won the bid. Yes, I'd like to see it in the Camellia Bowl venue or in Florida but I seriously doubt if any of those communities would be willing to consider putting in a bid or putting up with the type turnout 1-AA has at the championship game. In 2001 when Louis Ivory was out with a blown knee and Furman lost the championship game, there was only about 12,000 people in the announced paid attendance and it was cold, rainy and miserable. Could you imagine playing a championship game up here in the middle of January?
My issue is more with it being a day game. When you play for all the marbles you'd think they'd at least have it under the lights. We have home games where the venue/atmosphere is better than the NC game. I personally don't care about the weather, I understand they probably don't want to have the game in a place that they know is going to be miserable, but rain??? This is football isn't it. I liked the look of the game a lot more when it was in Chattanooga. I am hoping that Frisco doesn't win the bid when their current deal runs out.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:29 pm

utucats wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
utucats wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:
utucats wrote:
Yes, Montana!
Oh, one game at a time!
My issue is more with it being a day game. When you play for all the marbles you'd think they'd at least have it under the lights. We have home games where the venue/atmosphere is better than the NC game. I personally don't care about the weather, I understand they probably don't want to have the game in a place that they know is going to be miserable, but rain??? This is football isn't it. I liked the look of the game a lot more when it was in Chattanooga. I am hoping that Frisco doesn't win the bid when their current deal runs out.
I lived, taught and coached just over the hill 35 miles from Finley Stadium in Georgia for five years, and truth be known although I was raised in the Gallatin Valley, my first winter at Fort Benning Georgia was the coldest winter of my life! That cold in Appalachia is miserable, especially when it's on the verge of freezing rain. Unless one has ever experienced the rain in the south, it's as Jimmy Buffet said: "Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it!" I know we've seen rain that looks like it's coming down in buckets on TV., but as an example, Paduka, KY had five inches of rain in one storm this spring--in fifteen minutes! My boy liked to have froze to death and had it not been for T.J. Oelker's mom at that game, it would have ruined him for life as a fan, let alone playing the game.

Wonder why all the Power 5 Bowls are in Florida, California or Arizona and why all my relatives leave northeastern Montana and North and South Dakota right after this weekend? But, as I stated, none of those communities are going to bid on a game that in all probability will draw 20k give or take.

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm

60's Cat wrote:
Sotallytober wrote:

Rob Ash came to us from Drake, a member of the Pioneer League. Jamie Marshall played in the Pioneer League.
Correct, though I'm not sure how that's relevant to the Pioneer League being by far the worst in the FCS in 2014.
http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The rating gap between the Southwestern Athletic Conference (13th) and Pioneer Conference (14th) is larger than between any other conference except Missouri Valley (1st) and Big South (2nd).