Prukop should be ready

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Prukop should be ready

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

I hear it was an MCL sprain (grade 1). Those usually only take 10 days to heal. Perhaps Ash (just another game) was being cautious after seeing EWU win and knowing we would probably be playing in the first round anyway.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Prukop should be ready

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Find it odd that Ash was so willing to play a hurt McGhee against Um last year, but wouldn't put Pru in this year. Is that a sign that Pru is more injured than we think?

Punters are people too!!

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 pm

This is great news if true!

Regarding DM, remember that he was a senior. Pretty tough not to at least give him a go in the final game of his career.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Find it odd that Ash was so willing to play a hurt McGhee against Um last year, but wouldn't put Pru in this year. Is that a sign that Pru is more injured than we think?
Maybe because last year was a must win game and this year wasn't. Not only wasn't it must win, but a win wasn't going to get us a seed.

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Prukop didn't even dress. I saw him walk into the stadium with a big brace on his knee. I am not optimistic for a return this weekend.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 pm

DicTater wrote:Prukop didn't even dress. I saw him walk into the stadium with a big brace on his knee. I am not optimistic for a return this weekend.
Well, the fact that he didn't dress doesn't really mean much if the coaches had made up their minds ahead of time that he wasn't going to play, even if we was perhaps cleared to play medically. Also, the brace could be precautionary. I talked to several people before kickoff that said Prukop practiced all week so who in the hell knows. I'm still super pissed about the game, but getting over it slowly but surely. I'm not sure how many times we've had to go into Cat\Griz with a 2nd or 3rd string QB starting in the past decade but I can absolutely promise you it's a Buttload more than the Griz. I can only recall once where the Griz had to start a backup QB against us.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Prukop did show up to the game in a knee brace and dressed (as did SJ), but neither were going to play in Cat/Griz.

We will be lucky if DakLive plays this weekend...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:50 pm

catatac wrote:
DicTater wrote:Prukop didn't even dress. I saw him walk into the stadium with a big brace on his knee. I am not optimistic for a return this weekend.
Well, the fact that he didn't dress doesn't really mean much if the coaches had made up their minds ahead of time that he wasn't going to play, even if we was perhaps cleared to play medically. Also, the brace could be precautionary. I talked to several people before kickoff that said Prukop practiced all week so who in the hell knows. I'm still super pissed about the game, but getting over it slowly but surely. I'm not sure how many times we've had to go into Cat\Griz with a 2nd or 3rd string QB starting in the past decade but I can absolutely promise you it's a Buttload more than the Griz. I can only recall once where the Griz had to start a backup QB against us.
2012, 2010, 2005

Two of those of course involved starter incompetence and/or legal troubles...

msu5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msu5 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Would be great if there was truth to this. What about Johnson and Knight???

GRZZ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GRZZ » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

catatac wrote:

Your last two winds came against Shay Smithwick-Hahn and Justing Roper...so there is two to start.

“I think I've heard every coach that's coached against the Grizzlies this year sit up here and say, ‘You know, we're better than those guys, and we can beat those guys,' ” said Kramer. “You know what? The truth is you ain't. So shut. The heck. Up.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Wasn't JJ in a boot up until Wed. of last week. He didn't play so hot against us.(jokes) :lol: I know a knee and an ankle aren't the same, but I'm hopeful he's good to go.
Last edited by lutecat on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Jesus H. Christ! Do we have to turn everything into something about the f'n grizz.

I've received a couple pms saying Dakota doesn't look so hot and Jake will probably start. Sorry for giving anyone false hope.

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:Jesus H. Christ! Do we have to turn everything into something about the f'n grizz.

I've received a couple pms saying Dakota doesn't look so hot and Jake will probably start. Sorry for giving anyone false hope.

OUGH.... :( If that's the case here's to drinking at halftime. A lot!!

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I was at the game Saturday. Prukop and SJ were both dressed and went through pregame stretching and warm ups. Between warmups and kickoff, Prukop took of his shoulder pads. SJ changed out of his gear at halftime. Prukop had a huge brace under his pants and socks but looked about 75% mobility. SJ had his helmet in his hand and was circling around Cramsey the whole 1st half. SJ ran some sprints during warmups but I don't think he ever reached a top end speed.

We can win with Bleskin and Brekke if we play our game. With intensity.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Man I hope we can get Prukop and Johnson back

[-o< [-o< [-o<

The backups have been pretty solid (except the bleskin debacle), but having those 2 in the lineup makes this a completely different team.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 pm

mslacatfan wrote:Man I hope we can get Prukop and Johnson back

[-o< [-o< [-o<

The backups have been pretty solid (except the bleskin debacle), but having those 2 in the lineup makes this a completely different team.
Sounds like Johnson is back this week.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 pm

I doubt we see prukop back unless we hit it deep in the playoffs. From my info, we will want a full healthy Prukop for next year.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie