Sorry and Good Luck

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Born2BaGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Sorry and Good Luck

Post by Born2BaGriz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm

First, I waited two days to post and avoided any alcohol enhanced posting. With that said, I apologize for some so called fans and their juvenile posts. For the most part they are bandwagon types that don't have real ties to the University and don't have a clue that it just looks piss poor. Also, in some cases you should take it as a compliment as your program actually elicits concern about winning, so for some lashing out compensates for their own doubt, doesn't justify it, just explains it. Having actually played in the game, I understand the pressure of representing so many and the weight that bares. So calling out players never sits well with me.

Second, Good Luck to the Cats this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I have a disdain for your institution when it comes to most things, but the bottom line is you represent this state and conference, as well as have a lot of Montana kids on the team, so I wish you well. I am sincere when I say I hope you can go as far as possible now and make a great showing. I don't understand people that fail to get that both programs have a bunch of great kids who for the most part are intent on playing the game a little longer while getting an education. Obviously MSU is an outstanding institution of higher learning that produces some excellent alumni, as is U of M, we are however very different and that too is ok. I have said enough and best of luck!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sorry and Good Luck

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:41 pm

go to hell

just joking, nice post.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks B2BG and good luck to you and the griz as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks to you grown ups.

DicTater
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by DicTater » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for the post. I haven't posted anything about the game itself. I think too many people somehow believe that a game played by a bunch of 18 - 20 year olds somehow effects us personally. I didn't lose the game, as I didn't play. Nor did the UM fans win the game, since they didn't play. The ability of an institution of higher learning that I attended years ago, to win athletic events is simply not relevant to most of our lives. It did impact me personally, though, since I now owe someone a bottle of scotch.

I will be cheering the Griz on, because, as you pointed out, there are many Montana kids playing, they're kids doing their best, and because Mick is truly a class act. (not like one of the former head coaches). I want all the Big Sky teams to do well in the playoffs, except if EWU plays the Griz, then the Eags could lose that one.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Born2BaGriz wrote:First, I waited two days to post and avoided any alcohol enhanced posting. With that said, I apologize for some so called fans and their juvenile posts. For the most part they are bandwagon types that don't have real ties to the University and don't have a clue that it just looks piss poor. Also, in some cases you should take it as a compliment as your program actually elicits concern about winning, so for some lashing out compensates for their own doubt, doesn't justify it, just explains it. Having actually played in the game, I understand the pressure of representing so many and the weight that bares. So calling out players never sits well with me.

Second, Good Luck to the Cats this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I have a disdain for your institution when it comes to most things, but the bottom line is you represent this state and conference, as well as have a lot of Montana kids on the team, so I wish you well. I am sincere when I say I hope you can go as far as possible now and make a great showing. I don't understand people that fail to get that both programs have a bunch of great kids who for the most part are intent on playing the game a little longer while getting an education. Obviously MSU is an outstanding institution of higher learning that produces some excellent alumni, as is U of M, we are however very different and that too is ok. I have said enough and best of luck!
I personally appreciate the sentiment

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:16 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Born2BaGriz wrote:First, I waited two days to post and avoided any alcohol enhanced posting. With that said, I apologize for some so called fans and their juvenile posts. For the most part they are bandwagon types that don't have real ties to the University and don't have a clue that it just looks piss poor. Also, in some cases you should take it as a compliment as your program actually elicits concern about winning, so for some lashing out compensates for their own doubt, doesn't justify it, just explains it. Having actually played in the game, I understand the pressure of representing so many and the weight that bares. So calling out players never sits well with me.

I personally appreciate the sentiment
I was just visiting with a very good friend at coffee this morning. UM Grad and CPA here in town. After flipping me an appropriate amount of ISHT, he basically said the same thing, that he can't stand 90% of the Griz fans here, most of whom have never set foot on the UM campus unless someone comped them a game ticket. Most message boards and social media sites are being overrun with these A--Hats this week.

Good to know there are a few REAL fans among you, and I appreciate the rivalry from an ex-players perspective.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz