Perspective

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Perspective

Post by PapaG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:00 am

I was at the Oregon/Oregon State game in 2000 in Corvallis where then RS Jr Joey Harrington threw five interceptions in a loss the knocked UO out of a Rose Bowl. The next year, he beat Oregon State at Autzen, the Ducks beat CU in the Fiesta Bowl (and should been playing in the Rose Bowl over Nebraska), and Harrington finished 4th in the Heisman voting. One horrific QB performance in a rivalry game isn't the end of the world. For Harrington, he used it as motivation to lead his team to the best season in program history the following year.

Go Bobcats!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Perspective

Post by PapaG » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:03 am

Harrington also had a lost fumble in that game. Perseverance, Jake Bleskin! We're all supporting you!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am

+1

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:31 am

Didn't Eli Manning throw 5 ints last week? Pretty sure he's played a good game or two in his life. Some guys are just high risk/high reward.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:35 am

PapaG wrote:I was at the Oregon/Oregon State game in 2000 in Corvallis where then RS Jr Joey Harrington threw five interceptions in a loss the knocked UO out of a Rose Bowl. The next year, he beat Oregon State at Autzen, the Ducks beat CU in the Fiesta Bowl (and should been playing in the Rose Bowl over Nebraska), and Harrington finished 4th in the Heisman voting. One horrific QB performance in a rivalry game isn't the end of the world. For Harrington, he used it as motivation to lead his team to the best season in program history the following year.

Go Bobcats!
I rarely agree with you on much, but that's spot on dude. Good post, quality stuff.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

This forum is the only way some of us have to show Jake support. I'm sure he hates that game as much or more than the rest of us, but he is a great kid and I for one will be glad to see him back under center. Go Jake.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 pm

There are 10 Big Sky teams who would love to be where we are. When the best cowboys in the world get bucked off, they gather themselves up and get back on, just like this football team will. Thanks to this team and this coaching staff for all their hard work.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Agree with the comments here....we as Cat fans need to support Jake and the rest of this team.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit. Rocky Balboa