Positive Support for the Bobcats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Buttecat 68
New Recruit

Positive Support for the Bobcats

Post by Buttecat 68 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 pm

When does it slow down? The Bobcats have made the playoffs and have a home game. We all need to provide a PMA (positive mental attitude) for the team, I believe they can win. Give them the opportunity to have a positive experience. If you feel like you must degrade players and coaches, please do it somewhere outside of Bobcat Nation. The team needs our support.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Positive Support for the Bobcats

Post by Common Cat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Buttecat 68 wrote:When does it slow down? The Bobcats have made the playoffs and have a home game. We all need to provide a PMA (positive mental attitude) for the team, I believe they can win. Give them the opportunity to have a positive experience. If you feel like you must degrade players and coaches, please do it somewhere outside of Bobcat Nation. The team needs our support.
I am sure the fans at the game will be vocal and loud. We have a chance now to win a national title. I believe we can!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Buttecat 68 wrote:When does it slow down? The Bobcats have made the playoffs and have a home game. We all need to provide a PMA (positive mental attitude) for the team, I believe they can win. Give them the opportunity to have a positive experience. If you feel like you must degrade players and coaches, please do it somewhere outside of Bobcat Nation. The team needs our support.
That loss was excruciating, so I understand why so many are venting. That said, I am with you. I don't usually post very much, but I decided that we need to speak up and provide that voice of support and appreciation of our record breaking team. We are out there, just less vocal. I will take this opportunity to reiterate: I am incredibly proud to be a Bobcat, I'm even proud of Jake Bleskin. I couldn't ask for a classier, harder working guy or team to represent our school! GO BOBCATS!!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 pm

No room for positivity here. It means you don't care about MSU football as much as you should. I thought it would be better today after a day to cool off a bit but nope, the pitchfork and torch crowd is still out in full force. It's been a great 10 years here but I'm just about tired of it at this point. Oh well.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 pm

MSU01 wrote:No room for positivity here. It means you don't care about MSU football as much as you should. I thought it would be better today after a day to cool off a bit but nope, the pitchfork and torch crowd is still out in full force. It's been a great 10 years here but I'm just about tired of it at this point. Oh well.
Pot meet kettle on the other end of the spectrum of the "pitchfork and torch crowd" ... :roll:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:09 pm

msuhunter wrote:
MSU01 wrote:No room for positivity here. It means you don't care about MSU football as much as you should. I thought it would be better today after a day to cool off a bit but nope, the pitchfork and torch crowd is still out in full force. It's been a great 10 years here but I'm just about tired of it at this point. Oh well.
Pot meet kettle on the other end of the spectrum of the "pitchfork and torch crowd" ... :roll:

Roll eyes is right. Plenty of negative threads for you to participate in since that is all that you do.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Maybe we should combine this thread with the jock strap thread?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Nice post. The guys certainly need fan support now more than ever.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:40 am

+1. Right there with you. You horrible, non-caring fan you :wink:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 am

If you give in, then you just leave the crybabies (who blame the team for their own failures). Hang in there and we can keep grizabies at bay.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:03 pm

allcat wrote:
If you give in, then you just leave the crybabies (who blame the team for their own failures). Hang in there and we can keep grizabies at bay.
Oh c'mon :roll: I don't think anyone on here is a bad person because they hold a different opinion than me. I wish some of you would stop taking things so personally. I've found out this week that if you differ in opinion for some on this board you are a crybaby, a pussy, an asshole and a closet Griz fan who knows nothing about being a leader.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion how about giving some real opinions and facts of your own to support the opposite viewpoint. Or maybe it's easier to just call people that you'll never meet face to face names.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:28 pm

GO CATS!

That is all.....

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Count me in!!!
Got my tickets via ticketswest today....just need to print them out before Saturday.

This is my school. This is my team. One game does not make a team, a player, a coach, a staff, a position group, a season, or even a fan.
Let's move on.

GO CATS!!!!!!

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:29 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:Count me in!!!
Got my tickets via ticketswest today....just need to print them out before Saturday.

This is my school. This is my team. One game does not make a team, a player, a coach, a staff, a position group, a season, or even a fan.
Let's move on.

GO CATS!!!!!!
Amen! We can discuss the season in retrospect as soon as its done. For now, there's at least one more week of Bobcat football this year and its time to focus on SDSU.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Common Cat wrote:
I am sure the fans at the game will be vocal and loud. We have a chance now to win a national title. I believe we can!
You know, it's kinda funny what just went through my head. I was about to type something pretty stupid like, "sorry, but no way in hell that a team that just got waxed by a perceived sub par UM team is winning a national title." But then I remembered a few years back when a certain team came to town, and we waxed them by about the same margin (it didn't even take 7 turnovers to do it), and that team just so happened to move on from the loss and win a national title. Hmmmmm.

Every game is different. If we can get some of our damn star playmakers back I think we can run with anybody in the country.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:10 am

catatac wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
You know, it's kinda funny what just went through my head. I was about to type something pretty stupid like, "sorry, but no way in hell that a team that just got waxed by a perceived sub par UM team is winning a national title." But then I remembered a few years back when a certain team came to town, and we waxed them by about the same margin (it didn't even take 7 turnovers to do it), and that team just so happened to move on from the loss and win a national title. Hmmmmm.

Every game is different. If we can get some of our damn star playmakers back I think we can run with anybody in the country.

Irony

Postby Mousegriz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:36 pm

2009....first round of playoffs vs. SDSU.....4 first half Griz TO's, down 48 - 21 (27 points, same as 27 - 0), 5 1/2 minutes left in 3rd quarter...final score 61-48 Griz!!

Will the same scenario emerge this weekend? Most Cat fans (and some of their coaches) would probably miss such an epic comeback.....they'd be home bashing whoever caused the first half TO's personally on Bobcat Nation (or in the local media).

I'll never forget that game.....Griz Pride and Heart at its finest.
Mousegriz eGrizzer Posts: 308Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:14 am

I agree. Many of our fans think the world has come to an end when we're down a score or two. Remember Lulay led comeback against NAU(?)I remember fans saying we suck and heading to the tailgates? Somebody on the field believed. And a handful stayed in the stands. And EWU only FCS loss to the CATS?(we dominated them and our crowd gloated and chanted "over rated")And they won it all. We've got it all if our guys decide to get it done.Tough road, crap x 4. Expect it. Overcome it. Persevere.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:34 am

Tough times reveal character. This past week was one of those times. Feel as though this movie quote says it best...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am proud of what the coaches and players have accomplished this season. I will be rooting for them to compete well as MSU is being represented by a fine group of men.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:45 am

They could have pulled EverettGriz/DHiW and BearAxed/catatonic out of the stands (if they attended) to go in as QB for the grizz and I would still never not be a Cats fan. I will root for the Cats until the day I die, even if they lose every game from here on out.

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad