Playoff TV Coverage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Playoff TV Coverage

Post by ElbowCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:05 pm

ElbowCat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:That damn Charter makes me mad. I spoke with them and they said Charter Montana accounts did not have access. If it is working, definitely don't question it. As for Cablevision, isn't that is different than Charter? I believe the problem was exclusively with Charter subscribers in Montana that were previously Optimum (and Bresnan prior to that). I still have the problem for my kids accessing some channels via the internet like Cartoon Network.

Maybe the conversion to all digital this month has rectified the problem...
I'm a charter/optimum customer and the deal for me has always been that they don't support the watch ESPN app which is the only way to watch it on wireless devices, however it has always worked for me to use my desktop or a device that is directly wired to the router via a network cable. Haven't tried it since the Ark St game though.
I just called Charter and confirmed that this is still the case and correct. You can watch any ESPN3 broadcast on your browser at espn.go.com, as long as you are directly wired to your router. FYI you can only watch ESPN3 stuff, not ESPN, ESPN2, SEC Network, etc etc. Charter still does not currently support wireless viewing on the watch espn app, however the agent did tell me that they are indeed adding that for the mountain states customers and it should be available by March at the latest. I'm assuming that the Xbox route mentioned above is wired directly and that's why the app works, or he's not a Charter customer? Hope that helps some folks out there get tuned in and watch, Go Cats!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:44 pm

you can usually purchase those games on cable TV for about $25 if you really want to watch them

2024 Resume dominance

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm

ElbowCat wrote:I just called Charter and confirmed that this is still the case and correct. You can watch any ESPN3 broadcast on your browser at espn.go.com, as long as you are directly wired to your router. FYI you can only watch ESPN3 stuff, not ESPN, ESPN2, SEC Network, etc etc. Charter still does not currently support wireless viewing on the watch espn app, however the agent did tell me that they are indeed adding that for the mountain states customers and it should be available by March at the latest. I'm assuming that the Xbox route mentioned above is wired directly and that's why the app works, or he's not a Charter customer? Hope that helps some folks out there get tuned in and watch, Go Cats!
The agent you talked with was mistaken. Their customer service has taken a nose-dive after they stopped sending their Mountain States customers exclusively to the Billings and Cheyenne call centers. My regular Charter account absolutely works through the WatchESPN app on my phone and tablet via any internet connection, even 4G if you want to burn data from your cap. I used it to watch a Thursday Night NFL game in September from a third world country.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Gustofer wrote:This pisses me off to no end...especially because my ISP doesn't carry ESPN3.

Why in the hell don't the local channels carry these games? Most folks, especially around here, can't afford to attend, and a lot of rural areas (most of MT) can't get their ISPs to carry it.

As I said, pisses me off to no end.
Stop for a second and read above. Its the same as its been every year for quite awhile. ESPN owns broadcast rights to the FCS playoffs. Be mad at the NCAA for their TV deal, not the local stations for not carrying it.

For me, its a nice problem to have - trying to figure out where to watch my team in the playoffs. 100+ teams out there can't say that. \:D/
100+ teams not playing. Surely this is BS. We have been old that we are mediocre (which is not acceptable). Surely there can not be that many teams not playing any more this year.
Seeing how there are 124 FCS Schools and 24 in the playoffs even with my limited math skills that would make 100 teams not still playing.
100 or 101 schools, point is the same. I'm hoping you were being funny [-o< , otherwise ](*,)
Actually, the Ivy league doesn't participate in the playoff's so deducting their 8 would bring it down to 92 (79%) schools sitting out that would rather be playing.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Sotallytober wrote:
ElbowCat wrote:I just called Charter and confirmed that this is still the case and correct. You can watch any ESPN3 broadcast on your browser at espn.go.com, as long as you are directly wired to your router. FYI you can only watch ESPN3 stuff, not ESPN, ESPN2, SEC Network, etc etc. Charter still does not currently support wireless viewing on the watch espn app, however the agent did tell me that they are indeed adding that for the mountain states customers and it should be available by March at the latest. I'm assuming that the Xbox route mentioned above is wired directly and that's why the app works, or he's not a Charter customer? Hope that helps some folks out there get tuned in and watch, Go Cats!
The agent you talked with was mistaken. Their customer service has taken a nose-dive after they stopped sending their Mountain States customers exclusively to the Billings and Cheyenne call centers. My regular Charter account absolutely works through the WatchESPN app on my phone and tablet via any internet connection, even 4G if you want to burn data from your cap. I used it to watch a Thursday Night NFL game in September from a third world country.
So when you say a regular charter account I assume you mean a charter email or do you have a different login that you use after you select your provider? I haven't ever had either so I can't get on via wireless, but when I get on via a wired connection it never prompts any password and login so I can just watch anything that is ESPN3. I'm really surprised the guy I talked to was wrong...he new exactly what I was after and explained to me just as I had experienced and he even added the part about when they were intending to add it. So strange.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 pm

codecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Gustofer wrote:This pisses me off to no end...especially because my ISP doesn't carry ESPN3.

Why in the hell don't the local channels carry these games? Most folks, especially around here, can't afford to attend, and a lot of rural areas (most of MT) can't get their ISPs to carry it.

Stop for a second and read above. Its the same as its been every year for quite awhile. ESPN owns broadcast rights to the FCS playoffs. Be mad at the NCAA for their TV deal, not the local stations for not carrying it.

For me, its a nice problem to have - trying to figure out where to watch my team in the playoffs. 100+ teams out there can't say that. \:D/
100+ teams not playing. Surely this is BS. We have been old that we are mediocre (which is not acceptable). Surely there can not be that many teams not playing any more this year.
Seeing how there are 124 FCS Schools and 24 in the playoffs even with my limited math skills that would make 100 teams not still playing.
100 or 101 schools, point is the same. I'm hoping you were being funny [-o< , otherwise ](*,)
Actually, the Ivy league doesn't participate in the playoff's so deducting their 8 would bring it down to 92 (79%) schools sitting out that would rather be playing.
Alright, I cry uncle. I'm going to quit taking the bait! :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Just checked and all of the 1st round games are also being offered on PPV-Gameplan!

YAY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:15 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:Just checked and all of the 1st round games are also being offered on PPV-Gameplan!
Good find! http://espn.go.com/college-football/sch ... 4/group/81

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am

ElbowCat wrote:So when you say a regular charter account I assume you mean a charter email or do you have a different login that you use after you select your provider?
It is the same Charter credentials that you'd use to log into the Charter site, to say, make a payment online. When you access it from your home internet connection, ESPN can see that you're coming from a Charter IP address so they allow access without verifying an account.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:22 am

codecat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

The SWAC doesn't participate in the playoffs either, so deducting their 10 teams reduces the total to 82, for whatever it's worth. I really can't understand why any schools/conferences would choose not to participate in the playoffs. And I don't want to hear the Ivy League cite "academic reasons". They participate in the NCAA basketball tournament, so why would football be so different?

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:02 pm

NDSU fights this every year lately... our senator's actually have made some waves getting espn to sell to local tv stations.. wish that espn would sell those rights to locals! (especially ABC since ESPN is owned with them)

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm

lakesbison wrote:

NDSU fights this every year lately... our senator's actually have made some waves getting espn to sell to local tv stations.. wish that espn would sell those rights to locals! (especially ABC since ESPN is owned with them)
Ya, I flat out don't understand why ESPN won't do this. I would think it would be in their best interest ($$$) to sell the rights if they aren't going to televise it.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:56 pm

ESPN is putting all first round games on ESPN Gameplan. That's better than internet only.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:12 pm

LTown Cat wrote:ESPN is putting all first round games on ESPN Gameplan. That's better than internet only.
Is that the Pay Per View service? How much will it cost? Can any Charter cable customer buy it?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm

I just got off the phone with Dish. The game will be on Channel 458, ESPN GamePlan. It is $26.00~. That would be an all day ticket. It looks as if there are two FBS games and the SHSU/Fordham game, another team is playing SDSU and the the BOBCATS and the Jackwabbits. I will try to see if I can get it on my cell phone / Verizon and maybe watch it that way OR just listen on maybe KGHL.....
I really don't want to spend 26 for just the CATS.....I know I am cheap.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Wanago just sent us an email. Also on Direct TV 788

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Doc3kgt » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:49 am

Does Charter Cable carry the GAMEPLAN / PPV option?

JimmyEatWorld
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimmyEatWorld » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 am

Doc3kgt wrote:Does Charter Cable carry the GAMEPLAN / PPV option?
Yes, you can call and order for $26 for the day.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:22 pm

I hate ESPN. If the games aren't important enough to show on tv then get out of the way and let the locals or root carry the games regionally.