Playoff TV Coverage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Playoff TV Coverage

Post by 4thecats » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 pm

I rememberin the past, ESPN 3 owned the playoff. Is this still the case, or are we going to be able to watch the games

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Playoff TV Coverage

Post by RationalGriz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 pm

4thecats wrote:I rememberin the past, ESPN 3 owned the playoff. Is this still the case, or are we going to be able to watch the games
ESPN does control broadcast rights for the playoffs.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:19 pm

The first 2 rounds are ESPN 3 from what I saw today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 pm

It does not look as if Dish carries espn3 so I am hoping one of the espn alternates will have it on.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:26 pm

RickRund wrote:It does not look as if Dish carries espn3 so I am hoping one of the espn alternates will have it on.
ESPN3 is their web streaming site. It'll only be available online.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

Buffalo Wild Wings will probably have it. Check there.

Punters are people too!!

Gustofer
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Gustofer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:57 am

This pisses me off to no end...especially because my ISP doesn't carry ESPN3.

Why in the hell don't the local channels carry these games? Most folks, especially around here, can't afford to attend, and a lot of rural areas (most of MT) can't get their ISPs to carry it.

As I said, pisses me off to no end.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:32 am

Gustofer wrote:This pisses me off to no end...especially because my ISP doesn't carry ESPN3.

Why in the hell don't the local channels carry these games? Most folks, especially around here, can't afford to attend, and a lot of rural areas (most of MT) can't get their ISPs to carry it.

Stop for a second and read above. Its the same as its been every year for quite awhile. ESPN owns broadcast rights to the FCS playoffs. Be mad at the NCAA for their TV deal, not the local stations for not carrying it.

For me, its a nice problem to have - trying to figure out where to watch my team in the playoffs. 100+ teams out there can't say that. \:D/

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:43 am

KittieKop wrote:
Gustofer wrote:This pisses me off to no end...especially because my ISP doesn't carry ESPN3.

Stop for a second and read above. Its the same as its been every year for quite awhile. ESPN owns broadcast rights to the FCS playoffs. Be mad at the NCAA for their TV deal, not the local stations for not carrying it.

For me, its a nice problem to have - trying to figure out where to watch my team in the playoffs. 100+ teams out there can't say that. \:D/
100+ teams not playing. Surely this is BS. We have been old that we are mediocre (which is not acceptable). Surely there can not be that many teams not playing any more this year.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 am

allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

100+ teams not playing. Surely this is BS. We have been old that we are mediocre (which is not acceptable). Surely there can not be that many teams not playing any more this year.
Seeing how there are 124 FCS Schools and 24 in the playoffs even with my limited math skills that would make 100 teams not still playing.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:27 am

Lovethecats75 wrote:
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

Seeing how there are 124 FCS Schools and 24 in the playoffs even with my limited math skills that would make 100 teams not still playing.
Allcat is a jokester. He's being sarcastic.

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:32 am

Yes I gathered that.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 am

What sucks is that Charter's Montana region does not offer ESPN3. This problem occurred with the Arkansas State game this year. If you have access the the web, you go to ESPN3's website. You click on a game to watch and you are prompted to out in your cable/satellite provider. You select the provider and out in your account number which should work. Charter is on the list of providers but I found out the hard way that a subset of Charter (purchased from Optimum) and includes Montana does not have a deal with ESPN3. I was able to get an account number to Dish and put that in. It worked! The key issue was that Charter accounts in my area did not provide access. It doesn't matter who the internet provider is, as long as you have account with dish, direct tv or other "non formerly Optimum", you can get access.

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 am

Cataholic wrote:What sucks is that Charter's Montana region does not offer ESPN3. This problem occurred with the Arkansas State game this year. If you have access the the web, you go to ESPN3's website. You click on a game to watch and you are prompted to out in your cable/satellite provider. You select the provider and out in your account number which should work. Charter is on the list of providers but I found out the hard way that a subset of Charter (purchased from Optimum) and includes Montana does not have a deal with ESPN3. I was able to get an account number to Dish and put that in. It worked! The key issue was that Charter accounts in my area did not provide access. It doesn't matter who the internet provider is, as long as you have account with dish, direct tv or other "non formerly Optimum", you can get access.
Weird, because I had absolutely no problem streaming the Ark State game. I'm an optimum, now Charter, subscriber.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:58 am

Cataholic wrote:What sucks is that Charter's Montana region does not offer ESPN3. This problem occurred with the Arkansas State game this year. If you have access the the web, you go to ESPN3's website. You click on a game to watch and you are prompted to out in your cable/satellite provider. You select the provider and out in your account number which should work. Charter is on the list of providers but I found out the hard way that a subset of Charter (purchased from Optimum) and includes Montana does not have a deal with ESPN3. I was able to get an account number to Dish and put that in. It worked! The key issue was that Charter accounts in my area did not provide access. It doesn't matter who the internet provider is, as long as you have account with dish, direct tv or other "non formerly Optimum", you can get access.
I think we were over this for the Arkansas State game. If you cannot get into the watch.espn.go.com website with your Charter account, there's something wrong with the account. I have been watching ESPN3 games on my tablet/computer for years now (Cablevision started offering it for Optimum customers around football season 2012).

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 am

Lovethecats75 wrote:
allcat wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

100 or 101 schools, point is the same. I'm hoping you were being funny [-o< , otherwise ](*,)

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:41 am

That damn Charter makes me mad. I spoke with them and they said Charter Montana accounts did not have access. If it is working, definitely don't question it. As for Cablevision, isn't that is different than Charter? I believe the problem was exclusively with Charter subscribers in Montana that were previously Optimum (and Bresnan prior to that). I still have the problem for my kids accessing some channels via the internet like Cartoon Network.

Maybe the conversion to all digital this month has rectified the problem...

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 am

That damn Charter makes me mad. I spoke with them and they said Charter Montana accounts did not have access. If it is working, definitely don't question it. As for Cablevision, isn't that is different than Charter? I believe the problem was exclusively with Charter subscribers in Montana that were previously Optimum (and Bresnan prior to that). I still have the problem for my kids accessing some channels via the internet like Cartoon Network.

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 am

Cataholic wrote:That damn Charter makes me mad. I spoke with them and they said Charter Montana accounts did not have access. If it is working, definitely don't question it. As for Cablevision, isn't that is different than Charter? I believe the problem was exclusively with Charter subscribers in Montana that were previously Optimum (and Bresnan prior to that). I still have the problem for my kids accessing some channels via the internet like Cartoon Network.

I'm a charter/optimum customer and the deal for me has always been that they don't support the watch ESPN app which is the only way to watch it on wireless devices, however it has always worked for me to use my desktop or a device that is directly wired to the router via a network cable. Haven't tried it since the Ark St game though.

The Big Meowski

Post by The Big Meowski » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:48 am

We watch Espn3 games with a Watch ESPN App on my kids' Xbox. Works pretty slick really.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1