Yesterday's lost lies squarely on the defense

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsfan_769273
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Yesterday's lost lies squarely on the defense

Post by catsfan_769273 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 pm

All of these griz fans telling us how good they played and they are a better team than us. But honesty I don't see it, the could have the credit if it was a dog fight but in reality they just took advantage of 8 turnovers (counting the roughing the punter) if the griz couldn't beat us when we played so badly well that would have showed how bad they are.

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:13 pm

catsfan_769273 wrote:All of these griz fans telling us how good they played and they are a better team than us. But honesty I don't see it, the could have the credit if it was a dog fight but in reality they just took advantage of 8 turnovers (counting the roughing the punter) if the griz couldn't beat us when we played so badly well that would have showed how bad they are.

While I completely disagree with the title of this thread I am going to agree with the Griz fans. Like it or not they caused the 8 turnovers, they pressured the QB, helped him make poor decisions, and blew up the o-line all day. As for everything else in the game. They were ready for us. Whether they outcoached ours, they showed up to play, our guys didn't. They forced the issue. Our guys didn't.

At the end of the day they were better. That's why they won. Like it or not. Trust me I don't like it, but I can at least see it.

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 pm

GRZSLAYER wrote:
catsfan_769273 wrote:All of these griz fans telling us how good they played and they are a better team than us. But honesty I don't see it, the could have the credit if it was a dog fight but in reality they just took advantage of 8 turnovers (counting the roughing the punter) if the griz couldn't beat us when we played so badly well that would have showed how bad they are.

While I completely disagree with the title of this thread I am going to agree with the Griz fans. Like it or not they caused the 8 turnovers, they pressured the QB, helped him make poor decisions, and blew up the o-line all day. As for everything else in the game. They were ready for us. Whether they outcoached ours, they showed up to play, our guys didn't. They forced the issue. Our guys didn't.

At the end of the day they were better. That's why they won. Like it or not. Trust me I don't like it, but I can at least see it.
This is where I think the primary problem was in the game too - definitely agree. Not being able to spread the field length or with wise is somewhat related but a function of missing DP and SJ as well, and missing the Griz having to account for DP with his legs played a part as well. The only thing I will put on the D is that our D-Line used to get the kind of pressure that we saw the Griz D-Line have and that sure makes a difference.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:27 pm

codecat wrote:
GRZSLAYER wrote:

This is where I think the primary problem was in the game too - definitely agree. Not being able to spread the field length or with wise is somewhat related but a function of missing DP and SJ as well, and missing the Griz having to account for DP with his legs played a part as well. The only thing I will put on the D is that our D-Line used to get the kind of pressure that we saw the Griz D-Line have and we saw what a difference that makes.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Bobcat Steve
BobcatNation Letterman

Yesterday's lost lies squarely on the defense

Post by Bobcat Steve » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 pm

We never got a chance to compete and there is only one reason for that and it had nothing to do with the Griz. The best defense in the world could not have helped that mess. Period!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Bobcat Steve on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jobu
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Jobu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:43 pm

GRZSLAYER wrote:

Good post. I don't mind the Griz saying they were the better team because they were.

Frankly, I don't believe we win that game even if we don't turn it over at all. The Griz manhandled us upfront.

Hats for bats. Keeps bats warm.

LimpKitty
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by LimpKitty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 pm

cats2506 wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
msuhunter wrote:I've been a huge critic of the defense and Marshall, which I still believe is rightly deserved, but I thought the D held more than it's own given the situations the offense put them in. Um had what amounts to SIX EXTRA POSSESSIONS due to turnovers.
exactly. look at this "drive" chart and tell me again how this is on the defense?!

punt
interception
interception
interception
interception
fumble
punt
interception
punt
fumble
TOUCHDOWN!!!! YAY!!! \:D/

seven turnovers guys. seven. five turnovers sandwiched between two punts. but ya it's ash's fault. or our defenses. wow. #-o
have you ever seen a game where 1 player had 7 turnovers and he wasn't pulled ?
Yes, Saturday

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Jobu wrote:
GRZSLAYER wrote:

Good post. I don't mind the Griz saying they were the better team because they were.

Frankly, I don't believe we win that game even if we don't turn it over at all. The Griz manhandled us upfront.
Then how did we drive the ball inside the 5 three times if we were being manhandled?
Yes they are a good defense. They got some pressure and made some plays. But we moved the ball just fine on most drives. It was 100% the turnovers that lost us the game.