Starting QB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Starting QB

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Bleskin is prone to interceptions. Remember last season at Stephen F. Austin? He had 4 in that one, 2 against ISU, and 5 against the griz. We simply can't give him the keys to the car.

NewEra
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by NewEra » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:52 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Bleskin is prone to interceptions. Remember last season at Stephen F. Austin? He had 4 in that one, 2 against ISU, and 5 against the griz. We simply can't give him the keys to the car.
To many turnovers for any team to be successful on the offensive side of the ball. Give Quinn 1st team snaps this week if it doesnt look good for prukop.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:59 pm

BozoneCat wrote: Want to know why he played pretty well against ISU? Because they have one of the worst defenses/pass rushes in the entire country.
um...no. they have one of the best front four in the conference. going into yesterday only the griz had more sacks. now that the season is complete um only has like 7 or 8 more then isu on the season i believe.

they also lead the conference in interceptions. going into our game with them we knew they had an explosive offense, and a good pass rush. and despite our o-line playing very well last week they still got pressure on jake all game. not to the extent that um did yesterday but still a lot.

no one has suggested that he was a savior against isu. but overall he played well. he only had 10 incompletions all game in 35 attempts. 300 yards and 2 td's he also added over 50 yards with his feet. a good idaho state team came in in a must-win game and he did enough to get the win.

now, he has the worst game of his life and it's easy to pile on. people saying how bad he is. how he should never play again. how if he starts they won't go to the game. give me a break. if it was so obvious how terrible he is why wasn't it 100% unanimous that we'd get killed yesterday and he'd play so poorly. why weren't people promising he'd have 5+ turnovers if it was so obvious. i know why...because it wasn't.

he played well for us last season. he played well for us last week. he played as bad as he could yesterday. i know it. you know it. his teammates know it. and most importantly he knows it. of all the games he's played both in high school and for the cats this is hands down the worst he's ever had. why some fans are so quick to assume this one game is indicative of how he'l play going forward is beyone me.

GRIZFNZ

Post by GRIZFNZ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:01 pm

PapaG wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
PapaG wrote:I was sitting literally 10 feet away from Bleskin. He got lit up after the Wagenmann personal foul, and to me, looked dazed. He'd come off he field, sit in his spot with his head down, and a trainer would come over to see him. It was bizarre, because the rest of the offense was being coached while Jake looked to be in pain. I'm not saying that cheap shot by 37 determined the game, but 37 knew it was the backup QB, and yes, it was clearly a cheap shot. I lost a lot of respect for 37, and what that number is supposed to mean.
FFS your a whiner. He pushed your qb. He didn't tackle him , slam him to the ground or engage helmet to helmet contact. Stop with your high and mighty "I've lost all respect for what 37 means" , be a man and accept that your team got beat and your backup had the worst possible game he could have had.

To the rest of the cat fans on BN, tough game yesterday, good luck in the first round.
Typical Griz d-bag. The Cats got their ass kicked. That has nothing to do with my firsthand observation of Bleskin after that drive was over.

I had a blast tailgating, and stayed at the stadium in a box until they kicked us out at 8:30. There is always one Griz d-bag, and I was surprised I didn't encounter him yesterday. Looks like my luck just ran out.
Big Internet tough guy, I'm trembling.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:08 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote: Want to know why he played pretty well against ISU? Because they have one of the worst defenses/pass rushes in the entire country.
um...no. they have one of the best front four in the conference. going into yesterday only the griz had more sacks. now that the season is complete um only has like 7 or 8 more then isu on the season i believe.

they also lead the conference in interceptions. going into our game with them we knew they had an explosive offense, and a good pass rush. and despite our o-line playing very well last week they still got pressure on jake all game. not to the extent that um did yesterday but still a lot.

no one has suggested that he was a savior against isu. but overall he played well. he only had 10 incompletions all game in 35 attempts. 300 yards and 2 td's he also added over 50 yards with his feet. a good idaho state team came in in a must-win game and he did enough to get the win.

now, he has the worst game of his life and it's easy to pile on. people saying how bad he is. how he should never play again. how if he starts they won't go to the game. give me a break. if it was so obvious how terrible he is why wasn't it 100% unanimous that we'd get killed yesterday and he'd play so poorly. why weren't people promising he'd have 5+ turnovers if it was so obvious. i know why...because it wasn't.

he played well for us last season. he played well for us last week. he played as bad as he could yesterday. i know it. you know it. his teammates know it. and most importantly he knows it. of all the games he's played both in high school and for the cats this is hands down the worst he's ever had. why some fans are so quick to assume this one game is indicative of how he'l play going forward is beyone me.
Agree to disagree. It looked to me liked he barely got touched last week, which was why everyone was giving huge kudos to the Oline. He's had plenty of chances, but he has proven to be a turnover machine. Not going to win this week without winning the turnover battle, and I'm just saying I like our chances better with Quinn than Jake. Hopefully, Dakota is able to go and this becomes a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:19 pm

BozoneCat wrote: Hopefully, Dakota is able to go and this becomes a moot point.
definitely agree with that. i was just pointing out that isu's pass rush was pretty good. he had pressure on him and handled it pretty well for the most part. i just know he's capable of playing MUCH better than he did yesterday. this kid and our team needs our support more now than ever. it's easy to root for them when the offense is putting up 50 and winning. it's harder to stick by these guys after enduring a performance like what we saw yesterday.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote: Hopefully, Dakota is able to go and this becomes a moot point.
definitely agree with that. i was just pointing out that isu's pass rush was pretty good. he had pressure on him and handled it pretty well for the most part. i just know he's capable of playing MUCH better than he did yesterday. this kid and our team needs our support more now than ever. it's easy to root for them when the offense is putting up 50 and winning. it's harder to stick by these guys after enduring a performance like what we saw yesterday.
I'm completely with you on that. I like what someone else said, those of us who were diehards during the streak know that the team needs more support after a loss than after a win. I'm not giving up one this team, I still think that if we play well, we can beat anyone in these playoffs. I don't have a tremendous amount of confidence that our coaching staff can get them ready to do that four weeks in a row, but I hope to hell they prove me wrong. And I'll be cheering for them the whole way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO CATS GO!!!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:38 pm

That was not a cheap shot by 37. Hell it shouldn't have even been a penalty. Only hit him with his arms. Nothing egregious.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 pm

thought this was interesting.

Coach Ash Jake Bleskin

Postby grizaremoregooder » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 am

Coach Rob Ash beat a talented Idaho St. team with Jake Bleskin at quarterback last weekend and NO Sean Johnson......... He IS a good football coach and Jake Bleskin should start next week in the playoff (If Prukop is a no go) sorry he is your best option. Yes bobcat fans, step away from the ledge your beloved cats will make the field and host next weekend. The cats will probably have Johnson and Prukop back in the lineup next week and will represent the conference very well. I can't believe how nasty and ****** fans can be. If I were a betting man right now, I would say that Jake Bleskin will transfer away from Montana St. University to somewhere else. Is THIS how you treat your in state recruits Montana St. fans? Is this what you prick cat fans want? :roll: Rob Ash took over your program from the "Ashes" LITERALLY! That program was a 4 alarm dumpster fire and got Montana recruits the Grizzlies did not want. Your program made the cover of Sports Illistrated "trouble in paradise"........remember that idiots. This has completely changed with Coach Ash. The cats have won a share of the Big Sky title what, 4 of the last 5 years (I still shouldn't count 2011!). AND, they have more Montana kids on their roster than the Grizzlies, hell even took Gunnar Brekke away from the Griz. You cat fans are damn lucky to have a Rob Ash as your football coach I hope the Grizzlies are just as lucky with their new hire.

Postby 77matcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 am

Your opinion

Not a proponent of one starter over another. Kind of like the idea of rotating Jake/Quinn. Just thought it was an interesting outside view.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:13 pm

kwcat wrote:thought this was interesting.

Coach Ash Jake Bleskin

Postby grizaremoregooder » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 am

Coach Rob Ash beat a talented Idaho St. team with Jake Bleskin at quarterback last weekend and NO Sean Johnson......... He IS a good football coach and Jake Bleskin should start next week in the playoff (If Prukop is a no go) sorry he is your best option. Yes bobcat fans, step away from the ledge your beloved cats will make the field and host next weekend. The cats will probably have Johnson and Prukop back in the lineup next week and will represent the conference very well. I can't believe how nasty and ****** fans can be. If I were a betting man right now, I would say that Jake Bleskin will transfer away from Montana St. University to somewhere else. Is THIS how you treat your in state recruits Montana St. fans? Is this what you prick cat fans want? :roll: Rob Ash took over your program from the "Ashes" LITERALLY! That program was a 4 alarm dumpster fire and got Montana recruits the Grizzlies did not want. Your program made the cover of Sports Illistrated "trouble in paradise"........remember that idiots. This has completely changed with Coach Ash. The cats have won a share of the Big Sky title what, 4 of the last 5 years (I still shouldn't count 2011!). AND, they have more Montana kids on their roster than the Grizzlies, hell even took Gunnar Brekke away from the Griz. You cat fans are damn lucky to have a Rob Ash as your football coach I hope the Grizzlies are just as lucky with their new hire.

Postby 77matcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:41 am

Your opinion

Not a proponent of one starter over another. Kind of like the idea of rotating Jake/Quinn. Just thought it was an interesting outside view.
bIg sky titles 3 of the last 8 years, not 4 of the last 5

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Bleskin is hurt. Watched the game again today. Looks like 1stor 2nd qtr he got dinged. Told by a reliable source he is seeing the doc this week and may be out next week if he was to get the start.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:Bleskin is hurt. Watched the game again today. Looks like 1stor 2nd qtr he got dinged. Told by a reliable source he is seeing the doc this week and may be out next week if he was to get the start.
As I posted earlier (before the Griz troll "GRIZFNZ" jumped in with his dose of butthrut), I was sitting right by Bleskin, and he didn't seem right after the late hit by Wagenmann. Everybody sitting by me knew he was hurt, and nobody could figure out why he was still in the game.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatonic1

Post by catatonic1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:19 pm

PapaG wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:Bleskin is hurt. Watched the game again today. Looks like 1stor 2nd qtr he got dinged. Told by a reliable source he is seeing the doc this week and may be out next week if he was to get the start.
As I posted earlier (before the Griz troll "GRIZFNZ" jumped in with his dose of butthrut), I was sitting right by Bleskin, and he didn't seem right after the late hit by Wagenmann. Everybody sitting by me knew he was hurt, and nobody could figure out why he was still in the game.
What ever you do, don't go back and re-watch the 40 second mark of the 2nd quarter where, YES it was 37 stripped the ball from Bleskin for his 5th turn over and then Bleskin went off the field injured, well at least according to the Root TV announcers?
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= ,

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:24 pm

catatonic1 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
What ever you do, don't go back and re-watch the 40 second mark of the 2nd quarter where, YES it was 37 stripped the ball from Bleskin for his 5th turn over and then Bleskin went off the field injured, well at least according to the Root TV announcers?
Think it happened before this. You will see him throwing around his arm to loosen it as if it was getting stiff on him in the 1st qtr right after his first pick. Might have explained the poor performance from there on.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
catatonic1 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
As I posted earlier (before the Griz troll er "GRIZFNZ" jumped in with his dose of butthrut), I was sitting right by Bleskin, and he didn't seem right after the late hit by Wagenmann. Everybody sitting by me knew he was hurt, and nobody could figure out why he was still in the game.
Think it happened before this. You will see him throwing around his arm to loosen it as if it was getting stiff on him in the 1st qtr right after his first pick. Might have explained the poor performance from there on.
It happened way before that. He was moving his shoulder halfway into the first period. It's not sour grapes, either. The Griz dominated the game . It was a cheap shot by Wagenmann, though. He was even flagged 15 yards for it. Makes me think much less of him, because he's too good a player for that to happen unless it was on purpose.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:34 pm

I saw Bleskin grabbing his arm after a hit in the first quarter, but not the one when he fumbled. Not saying he didn't grab it then, too, but I didn't see him grab it.

The Griz obviously knew something about his tendencies and took advantage. It's one thing to get five INTs in a game, quite another to say you were planning to do that. Impressive on their part. My guess is they saw the two INTs from the ISU game, especially the second one, and figured out a way to bait him into to throwing a ball that they would be waiting for. The fact that Hermanson had three of them supports that thought.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:I saw Bleskin grabbing his arm after a hit in the first quarter, but not the one when he fumbled. Not saying he didn't grab it then, too, but I didn't see him grab it.

The Griz obviously knew something about his tendencies and took advantage. It's one thing to get five INTs in a game, quite another to say you were planning to do that. Impressive on their part. My guess is they saw the two INTs from the ISU game, especially the second one, and figured out a way to bait him into to throwing a ball that they would be waiting for. The fact that Hermanson had three of them supports that thought.
He was favoring a shoulder after the fumble right before half, also noticed it earlier in the game. he was definitely favoring it after the 3rd int which was in the 2 quarter, when he returned for the next series we knew that the coaches were make a mistake.

as far as baiting him, some of those throws were so far off that our receivers didn't have a chance to even make a play on the ball, its almost impossible to bait someone and have them throw so far from their target ans still call it a planed thing.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:18 pm

PapaG wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
catatonic1 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
As I posted earlier (before the Griz troll Bryan H***, er "GRIZFNZ" jumped in with his dose of butthrut), I was sitting right by Bleskin, and he didn't seem right after the late hit by Wagenmann. Everybody sitting by me knew he was hurt, and nobody could figure out why he was still in the game.
It happened way before that. He was moving his shoulder halfway into the first period. It's not sour grapes, either. The Griz dominated the game . It was a cheap shot by Wagenmann, though. He was even flagged 15 yards for it. Makes me think much less of him, because he's too good a player for that to happen unless it was on purpose.
Can we stop saying it was a cheap shot? Watching the replay and real time, it clearly was not. It should not have been a penalty. It's just football.

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:33 am

Can we make sure whoever starts there are supporters at Bobcat Stadium, not a hostile crowd because of a single performance?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:15 am

Hey "Muck the Friz", stay home regardless of who starts. Bleskin had a bad day. If you can't get past that and support one of our kids, Bobcat Nation is better off without you. Bleskin chose to be a Bobcat and has put in his time over the last 4 years. Don't forget that! Be a true Cat fan and support the TEAM.