SDSU @ MSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: SDSU @ MSU

Post by kwcat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Thumper 76 wrote:
Bizon wrote:Good luck to u cats, tomcat, the bison look at wins against Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado st, Kansas st., and Iowa st. As stepping stones, good luck to u guys, most of bison nation is rooting for u guys to win so we can play you because of the buyout game. Good luck to ya next week!
That's cause you guys are scared to face us again with Sumner rolling now :)
Thumper,
which game did Sumner break his foot?

Bizon
New Recruit

Post by Bizon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Good one thumper, u might beat us;) most want to play the cats, tired of playing the same teams, and after the uni loss the bison r pissed! Good luck to both u teams, should b a good game.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:27 pm

From MSU Sports Info:

BOZEMAN, Mont. – One more time, and at home.

Montana State learned Sunday morning that its 2014 football season is extended at least one more week, and the Bobcats will host South Dakota State of the Missouri Valley Football Conference in the first round of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Playoffs. Kickoff is 2 pm MT Saturday.

“We’re very excited,” said Bobcat coach Rob Ash. “One of our goals all season was to qualify for the playoffs and play for a national championship. We have an eight-win team, and deservedly we are in the playoffs. I’m very excited for the players.”

Season tickets are available for renewal from 3-7 pm on Sunday on-line at msubobcats.com, and between 8:30 am and 6 pm Monday and Tuesday. Season tickets will be released to the general public on Wednesday. Tickets not purchased as part of a season ticket plan are available on-line beginning Monday morning at 10 am. Sideline tickets are $30, end zone are $20 for adults, $10 for children, and student tickets are $7. All prices are before applicable fees. The first 125 MSU students with a Cat Card to pick up tickets at the Bobcat Ticket Office will receive one free ticket courtesy of Pepsi.

The Bobcats finish the regular season at 8-4, 6-2 in the Big Sky, and qualify for the NCAA playoffs for the fourth time in the last five years and the ninth time overall. MSU hosts a Jackrabbits team with an 8-4 mark overall, 5-3 in the Missouri Valley. SDSU dropped its season opener at Missouri, and its three FCS losses all came to Youngstown State and playoff entries North Dakota State and Illinois State.

MSU registered its 13th consecutive winning season this fall, a school record and the longest current streak in the Big Sky, and topped eight wins for the 14th time in school history and the fourth time in the last five years. Rob Ash has led four of his eight Bobcat teams to the playoffs, the only MSU coach with that distinction.

Sophomore running back Chad Newell breathed out when MSU’s name popped up in the last game revealed by the FCS Selection Show on ESPNU. “It was a big relief,” he said. “I was sitting here sweating it out and we were the last team listed. It was just a big relief.”

#GoCatsGo

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Thumper 76
BobcatNation Redshirt

SDSU @ MSU

Post by Thumper 76 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Bizon wrote:Good one thumper, u might beat us;) most want to play the cats, tired of playing the same teams, and after the uni loss the bison r pissed! Good luck to both u teams, should b a good game.
Whoops wrong post

Thumper 76
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Thumper 76 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:33 pm

kwcat wrote:
Thumper 76 wrote:
Bizon wrote:Good luck to u cats, tomcat, the bison look at wins against Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado st, Kansas st., and Iowa st. As stepping stones, good luck to u guys, most of bison nation is rooting for u guys to win so we can play you because of the buyout game. Good luck to ya next week!
That's cause you guys are scared to face us again with Sumner rolling now :)
Thumper,
which game did Sumner break his foot?
First quarter of our season opener vs Missouri

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Really? Who told you that?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:55 pm

South Dakota State at NDSU and UM at EWU. Rematch 2nd round.

Punters are people too!!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Much respect for your program. Don't get your hopes up. We will need to get 15 turnovers to beat SDSU. Don't think that will happen. Good luck on your trip to reach a 4th NC.

Punters are people too!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:28 pm

oh my god. can we please not derail this thread. some of us would actually like to talk about this game without sarcastic doomsday comments...

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:46 pm

ilovethecats wrote:oh my god. can we please not derail this thread. some of us would actually like to talk about this game without sarcastic doomsday comments...
Agreed. I call it not trying. When you think you, or something you support, won't be successful you just don't try or quit. Seems like a lot of wasted time and energy.

toM StUber

Bizon
New Recruit

Post by Bizon » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Agree with I love cats, keep your chins up cat nation, I follow u, the griz and all of fcs football as a matter of fact, u guys have had moments of greatness this year, u had one bad hand dealt on Saturday, I mean really, u never see that many turnovers in one game! It was a bad deal, get up and get ready for your playoff game, get the f up and get loud cat nation, should b a good game!

griz since earl solo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by griz since earl solo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I've watched the Cats play over half of their games this year. They have looked dynamic on offense on many outings. What are the chances of Prukop of playing in this game. It's probably the most critical element if you are going to keep up with SDSU.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:54 pm

griz since earl solo wrote:I've watched the Cats play over half of their games this year. They have looked dynamic on offense on many outings. What are the chances of Prukop of playing in this game. It's probably the most critical element if you are going to keep up with SDSU.
Typically an injury report is included with the Sunday Notebook from MSU, but there's no injury info listed this week.

toM StUber

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:41 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
griz since earl solo wrote:I've watched the Cats play over half of their games this year. They have looked dynamic on offense on many outings. What are the chances of Prukop of playing in this game. It's probably the most critical element if you are going to keep up with SDSU.
Typically an injury report is included with the Sunday Notebook from MSU, but there's no injury info listed this week.
Of course not. ](*,)

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:35 am

CatBlitz wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Of course not. ](*,)
Suppose its a little gamesmanship by MSU to keep their opponent in the dark on who to prepare for?

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 am

If we have to rely on stopping the run, we're in trouble. Get the offense revved up and score a bunch. That's how we win. Our D slows people down but doesn't stop much, unfortunately.

That said, they have improved the past few weeks. Seven turnovers usually results in more than 34 points. The LBs are playing well, Singleton all season Na'a coming on the last couple weeks.

No road is easy in the playoffs but it'd go a long way towards getting this taste out of my mouth if we won.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:46 am

webdav wrote:If we have to rely on stopping the run, we're in trouble. Get the offense revved up and score a bunch. That's how we win. Our D slows people down but doesn't stop much, unfortunately.

That said, they have improved the past few weeks. Seven turnovers usually results in more than 34 points. The LBs are playing well, Singleton all season Na'a coming on the last couple weeks.

No road is easy in the playoffs but it'd go a long way towards getting this taste out of my mouth if we won.
Keep in mind, that "this is just another game"..."we're not going to do anything differently than we always do"... :coffee: :wink:

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 am

Oh I see your recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theee Catrabbit
New Recruit

Post by Theee Catrabbit » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:34 am

Bizon wrote:Good one thumper, u might beat us;) most want to play the cats, tired of playing the same teams, and after the uni loss the bison r pissed! Good luck to both u teams, should b a good game.
YOU'RE TIRED OF PLAYING THE SAME TEAMS? Geez,think how we feel ](*,)

Not sure if Thump answered the question, but Sumner broke his ankle against Missouri on our second possession. The real reason Bizzzzzon don't want to play us again is because we are a team firing on all cylinders now. Sumner came back for NDSU, but he was upright, tentative and rusty, and the game was still up in the air until the 4th qtr, If I were them, I would want to play MSU too.

But, I digress. This game is going to come down to ball control by our offense, in my mind. Problem is we have started scoring a little too quickly as of late. When Zenner get's to your secondary, it's bye bye.

I hate very much it is only on ESPN3. That format needs to be stopped. I don't think it is helpful to the FCS at all.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 am

Just one day into this and I can tell by the SDSU fan remarks that they're in the same conference as NDSU.