SDSU @ MSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: SDSU @ MSU

Post by lakesbison » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 am

may the best crappiest team win!! :)

this game will be like the cutest ugly girl contest!

(Its gonna be a fun week for us bison fans.. hahaha)

Muck the Friz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Muck the Friz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:38 am

lakesbison wrote:may the best crappiest team win!! :)

Enjoy your 3 year reign! It is over now. In the past. Done. The best part about being an MSU fan is the fact we get to still look forward to our best years. Yours are in the rear view mirror. Every season will be a let down to you Bison fans going forward because you will NEVER see a run like that ever again. Besides, Northern Iowa is the team to beat in your conference.

You can't spell dumb without UM...Guck the Friz!
Bobcats = 3 National Titles (we won 3 before they won 1...STILL playing catchup)
Griz = 2 National Titles

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 am

Muck the Friz wrote:

Enjoy your 3 year reign! It is over now. In the past. Done. The best part about being an MSU fan is the fact we get to still look forward to our best years. Yours are in the rear view mirror. Every season will be a let down to you Bison fans going forward because you will NEVER see a run like that ever again. Besides, Northern Iowa is the team to beat in your conference.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the round a bout way to say you've sucked for ever...but as the cats always say...next year will be our year....or maybe its because your "best year" was made up????

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 am

Good idea for you to enjoy it this week since you're going to lose next week.

bigkid
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bigkid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 am

Tough draw for sure. The cat defense better get things sured up or it'll be a long day. Personally I think ash needs to come clean with Prukop. Is he in or is he out? This keep the other team guessing is stupid at this point. msu can win IF they play inspired football and forget what happened in Missoula( :D ). Definitely an important game for the bobcats. Good Luck!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:57 am

bigkid wrote:Tough draw for sure. The cat defense better get things sured up or it'll be a long day. Personally I think ash needs to come clean with Prukop. Is he in or is he out? This keep the other team guessing is stupid at this point. msu can win IF they play inspired football and forget what happened in Missoula( :D ). Definitely an important game for the bobcats. Good Luck!
SDSU is tough. We need to play a helluva lot better than last game. No doubt.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:19 am

Bizon wrote:Good luck to u cats, tomcat, the bison look at wins against Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado st, Kansas st., and Iowa st. As stepping stones, good luck to u guys, most of bison nation is rooting for u guys to win so we can play you because of the buyout game. Good luck to ya next week!
Maybe this might help you reform your point of view. We CAT fans have been graciously quiet long enough..but the time has come. Back in the late 1980's the Bobcats were searching for a new football coach. We were just a few years beyond our 1984 1AA National Championship. At the end of the search we selected Earle Solmonson, the newly successful head coach at Division II National Champion North Dakota State. What we got was different than what we expected. What we got was the Earle of Curse, five years of morbid results, despite some pretty darn respectable players. Consider the "buy-out" as a partial payback because surely more is due.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Bizon wrote:Good luck to u cats, tomcat, the bison look at wins against Minnesota, Kansas, Colorado st, Kansas st., and Iowa st. As stepping stones, good luck to u guys, most of bison nation is rooting for u guys to win so we can play you because of the buyout game. Good luck to ya next week!
Maybe this might help you reform your point of view. We CAT fans have been graciously quiet long enough..but the time has come. Back in the late 1980's the Bobcats were searching for a new football coach. We were just a few years beyond our 1984 1AA National Championship. At the end of the search we selected Earle Solmonson, the newly successful head coach at Division II National Champion North Dakota State. What we got was different than what we expected. What we got was the Earle of Curse, five years of morbid results, despite some pretty darn respectable players. Consider the "buy-out" as a partial payback because surely more is due.
I'd blame, if there is such a thing, all of this on Fullerton. Joe Glenn was successful running the wing-t in that other place but for whatever reason we don't seem very proficient at running the option...we need to make sure our kids are gap sound...

The Herd
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by The Herd » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:39 am

merff33 wrote:We stop their run game, we win.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!
No smack here, but you guys really haven't stopped anybodies running game this year. Your giving up about 190yds a game at 5.2 a pop....I'm sorry but that is not a run D that is gonna stop one of the top three RB's in the FCS. Zenner only needs a crack and he is gone.....way faster than he appears to be. I've seen him out run BigX and BigXII secondaries multiple times! Good Luck though, would love to see you guys come to Fargo........not because I hate SDSU, just because I like to see new teams come into the FargoDome. You guys haven't played in Fargo since 1979!

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:02 pm

The Herd wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!
No smack here, but you guys really haven't stopped anybodies running game this year. Your giving up about 190yds a game at 5.2 a pop....I'm sorry but that is not a run D that is gonna stop one of the top three RB's in the FCS. Zenner only needs a crack and he is gone.....way faster than he appears to be. I've seen him out run BigX and BigXII secondaries multiple times! Good Luck though, would love to see you guys come to Fargo........not because I hate SDSU, just because I like to see new teams come into the FargoDome. You guys haven't played in Fargo since 1979!
I agree. Zenner will get his yards. We need to outscore them and try to get turnovers.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
I'd blame, if there is such a thing, all of this on Fullerton. Joe Glenn was successful running the wing-t in that other place but for whatever reason we don't seem very proficient at running the option...we need to make sure our kids are gap sound...
There seems to be such a thing as "blame". See "Ash".

The Herd
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by The Herd » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:24 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
The Herd wrote:

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Zenner will get his yards. We need to outscore them and try to get turnovers.
Totally agree.....need to get a TO or two and jump out on them a little bit and then it probably becomes a whoever has the ball last type of game.

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:25 pm

There's a reason Bison fans have a similar rep to Griz fans. And it isn't a good one.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:
There seems to be such a thing as "blame". See "Ash".
I know, I just wanted to temper it a little. I lived I Omaha during the time Dr. Tom Osborne could not seem to win the "big" games and that crowd wanted him run out of town, especially for going for two instead of kicking the extra point against Miami.

Some of us have been told over and over about all the injuries we have and I've responded that every team has injuries...our offense did a great job with true freshmen and our defense keeps upper classmen obviously beat up on the field. A couple can't really move but they're still out there for whatever reason. I don't understand and to me, this weekend and hopefully next weekend will afford all of us an opportunity to look back and say this past Saturday was just what this team needed.

See you Saturday. I'm going to wear my MSU coat and baseball cap. Won't be able to miss me I'm afraid.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

bigkid wrote:Tough draw for sure. The cat defense better get things sured up or it'll be a long day. Personally I think ash needs to come clean with Prukop. Is he in or is he out? This keep the other team guessing is stupid at this point. msu can win IF they play inspired football and forget what happened in Missoula( :D ). Definitely an important game for the bobcats. Good Luck!
MSU's biggest draw back has been failing on defense on 3rd down. Only two teams have allowed more third down conversions (ISU and Southern Utah). Gave up 11 on 17 tries vs. UM.
3rd and 5 led to FG
3rd and 5 led to punt
3rd and goal TD
3rd and 10 TD
3rd and 5 FG
3rd and 10 punt, but roughed punter for first down on 4th and 18 TD
3rd and 5 end of half
3rd and 7 punt
3rd and 1 sack
3rd and 5 and 3rd and 1 TD
3rd and 9; 3rd and 8 end of game.
So 34 points after allowing 3rd down conversions. Five of 3rd and 5 or more led to 27 points.

Another problem is turnovers. MSU is -5, while the other two playoff teams are first and third in the league at +16 and +9.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

JackJD
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by JackJD » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Random comments after reading this thread:

Clarification on SDSU QB Austin Sumner's injury: he broke several bones in his foot (didn't break his ankle) in the first quarter of SDSU's game against Missouri. He looked about 100% in Saturday's game. He's a nice passer, plenty of arm, and has excellent receivers.

I got a kick out of one poster's comment that you can tell (from the posters) SDSU is in the same conference as NDSU'. Ouch! That deserves some sort of retort...how's this: what's with this board allowing lakebison to post on this board? There can't be more than a few boards in the country that allow that human virus to show up. Best to ignore that piece of dirt.

I do not know anything about SDSU's bid for the opening round. But, we start demolishing part of our football stadium immediately so that we are playing the 2016 season in a new stadium set for 20,000 seats and all the amenities being included in new stadiums these days. We're more than long-over due! East and south stands and new turf ready for 2015 and as soon as the 2015 is done, the west side stands go down and the replacements stands are started. Work is underway for the building on the west side (press box, luxury boxes and suites, meeting and reception areas etc. For anyone curious, here's a link to a picture: http://danajdykhousestadium.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We opened a new 150,000 sq. ft. indoor facility (north end of the football stadium shown to the right side of the picture of the new stadium, linked above) in October (300 meter track; turf practice field etc.) and that's been nice the past couple of weeks -- our team still spends most of its time practicing outdoors but we've had some tough days so that have options! Link to a picture and info: http://www.gojacks.com//pdf9/2895980.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the game is going to be a good one. We're returning to pre-season predictions after going through an injury-riddled season. If our running back, #31 Zach Zenner gets loose, you'll be impressed. Rdshrt Freshman wide receiver #19 Jake Weineke and Sr. wide receiver #83 Jason Schneider catch pretty-much anything thrown to their neighborhood.

Wish I could get to Bozeman but schedule won't allow so ESPN3 and Chromecast to the big screen will have to do.
Last edited by JackJD on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm

JackJD wrote:Random comments after reading this thread:

Clarification on SDSU QB Austin Sumner's injury: he broke several bones in his foot (didn't break his ankle) in the first quarter of SDSU's game against Missouri. He looked about 100% in Saturday's game. He's a nice passer, plenty of arm, and has excellent receivers.

I got a kick out of one poster's comment that you can tell (from the posters) SDSU is in the same conference as NDSU'. Ouch! That deserves some sort of retort...how's this: what's with this board allowing lakebison to post on this board? There can't be more than a few boards in the country that allow that human virus to show up. Best to ignore that piece of dirt.

I do not know anything about SDSU's bid for the opening round. But, we start demolishing part of our football stadium immediately so that we are playing the 2016 in a new stadium set for 20,000 seats and all the amenities being included in new stadiums these days. We're more than long-over due! East and south stands and new turf ready for 2015 and as soon as the 2015 is done, the west side stands go down and that side of the project is completed. For anyone curious, here's a link to a picture: http://danajdykhousestadium.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We opened a new 150,000 sq. ft. indoor facility (north end of the football stadium shown to the right side of the picture of the new stadium, linked above) in October (300 meter track; turf practice field etc.) and that's been nice the past couple of weeks -- our team still spends most of its time practicing outdoors but we've had some tough days so that have options! Link to a picture and info: http://www.gojacks.com//pdf9/2895980.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the game is going to be a good one. We're returning to pre-season predictions after going through an injury-riddled season. If our running back, #31 Zach Zenner gets loose, you'll be impressed. Rdshrt Freshman wide receiver #19 Jake Weineke and Sr. wide receiver #83 Jason Schneider catch pretty-much anything thrown to their neighborhood.

Wish I could get to Bozeman but schedule won't allow so ESPN3 and Chromecast to the big screen will have to do.
Welcome to the board, Saturday will be interesting to say the least. We've played strong at home, but we've also sh*t the bed there too. I think it comes down to whether our starting QB plays or not. If he does, I think it will be a shootout with the last team holding the rock winning, If it's not Prukop, then its crapshoot whether the team will show up or not.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

I do not know anything about SDSU's bid for the opening round. But, we start demolishing part of our football stadium immediately so that we are playing the 2016 in a new stadium set for 20,000 seats and all the amenities being included in new stadiums these days. We're more than long-over due! East and south stands and new turf ready for 2015 and as soon as the 2015 is done, the west side stands go down and that side of the project is completed. For anyone curious, here's a link to a picture: http://danajdykhousestadium.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish you could make the trip. Very impressed with the comments by your donors. Our president came to MSU with the same realization and vision for our school's football program. Congratulations and here's hoping we can actually start playing each other regularly.

And yes, I can't wait to watch Zenner, Sumner and your two 6'4" receivers, Weineke and Schneider.
Last edited by Cat Grad on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:

Welcome to the board, Saturday will be interesting to say the least. We've played strong at home, but we've also sh*t the bed there too. I think it comes down to whether our starting QB plays or not. If he does, I think it will be a shootout with the last team holding the rock winning, If it's not Prukop, then its crapshoot whether the team will show up or not.
Everyone has been yelling for the team to be more unpredictable. I guess this weekend they get their wish. We don't even know who's showing up at QB or RB! :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

JackJD
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by JackJD » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Here's a link to SDSUFans.com, the SDSU fan message board. Good people (hey, another mighty Land-Grant university!) who won't bite unless you bite first :D http://sdsufans.com/board/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smacking is allowed only in the smack section and non-smack threads generally include good discussions.

And there's no lakesbison!