Knight??

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Knight??

Post by spring creek cat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 pm

I missed why knight isn't playing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Knight??

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Because he is smart.

Punters are people too!!

ElbowCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ElbowCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Think he had one carry on the first drive, haven't seen him since.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Probably got cold ....

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:13 pm

?
Last edited by Cat Grad on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm

He had two carries for 3 yards.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Ridiculous.

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:05 pm

He never had a chance, bleskin was handing the ball to the other team too often

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:25 am

sdsyvie wrote:He never had a chance, bleskin was handing the ball to the other team too often
In other words Jake did an excellant job of distributing the ball. :D

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

I've been looking everywhere for this guy. Even thought he might show up on the All Conference selections as an HM fullback. Nope.
It's like he's gone and no one cares. I care...he's been a real contributor and adds serious dimension to our running game.
Knowing me I'm sure I missed something, but does anyone know anything?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:00 am

Mr Lisle wrote:I've been looking everywhere for this guy. Even thought he might show up on the All Conference selections as an HM fullback. Nope.
It's like he's gone and no one cares. I care...he's been a real contributor and adds serious dimension to our running game.
Knowing me I'm sure I missed something, but does anyone know anything?
good point. he has had a great season, 7th most rushing TD's ever by a Bobcat I believe.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Honestly, I think Newell passed him up. That guy is a beast with the heart of a lion. Unless Knight got hurt throughout the year. They both play the same way. They are going to give shots, but they are going to absorb some too. Good thing there is 2 of them.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:57 pm

While Knight may be a touch better in very short yardage situation (and by touch I mean very little). I've always thought Newell had a bit more wiggle and home run potential. Is a better receiver out of the backfield, and is much better in pass blocking. Every team needs a guy like Knight but Newell is just more versatile. Plus his drive is contagious. He's rapidly become one of my favorites of the current Cats.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:While Knight may be a touch better in very short yardage situation (and by touch I mean very little). I've always thought Newell had a bit more wiggle and home run potential. Is a better receiver out of the backfield, and is much better in pass blocking. Every team needs a guy like Knight but Newell is just more versatile. Plus his drive is contagious. He's rapidly become one of my favorites of the current Cats.
The only problem I have with Newell running the ball is that then we don't have Newell blocking for whoever else is running the ball. He is a GREAT blocker. I agree about him being a big favorite of mine also. He does everything well and does everything asked of him to help the team. I would love 22 Chad Newell's on my team. =D^

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:While Knight may be a touch better in very short yardage situation (and by touch I mean very little). I've always thought Newell had a bit more wiggle and home run potential. Is a better receiver out of the backfield, and is much better in pass blocking. Every team needs a guy like Knight but Newell is just more versatile. Plus his drive is contagious. He's rapidly become one of my favorites of the current Cats.
When Knight is in the game, he's getting the ball. He's not good at anything else. On the sidelines, he seems like he doesn't want to play sometimes. During the Griz game, he wasn't going into the offensive huddles before each possession or any of that. He tapped out of the Idaho State game after his third touchdown and declined to go back in. Newell does everything well. Knight basically is only a dominant player inside the 10-yard line.

Fourteen different running backs in the Big Sky garnered all-conference honors, including third-team honors for Shawn Johnson and honorable mention honors for Newell and Gunnar Brekke. Knight scored 12 touchdowns and did not garner any recognition. What else do you need to know?

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Knight scored 12 touchdowns and did not garner any recognition. What else do you need to know?
That's pretty good insight that I had missed. To what degree do the "other things" matter in these honors? If Knight had twice as many TD's, would he get recognition?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Sotallytober wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Knight scored 12 touchdowns and did not garner any recognition. What else do you need to know?
That's pretty good insight that I had missed. To what degree do the "other things" matter in these honors? If Knight had twice as many TD's, would he get recognition?
I was just saying that everyone in the league knows he's a speciality player: the guy who gets to punch it in at the end of drives for a prolific offense. Newell and Brekke were all-league at two different spots. Versatility in today's college game is essential.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
When Knight is in the game, he's getting the ball. He's not good at anything else. On the sidelines, he seems like he doesn't want to play sometimes. During the Griz game, he wasn't going into the offensive huddles before each possession or any of that. He tapped out of the Idaho State game after his third touchdown and declined to go back in. Newell does everything well. Knight basically is only a dominant player inside the 10-yard line.

Fourteen different running backs in the Big Sky garnered all-conference honors, including third-team honors for Shawn Johnson and honorable mention honors for Newell and Gunnar Brekke. Knight scored 12 touchdowns and did not garner any recognition. What else do you need to know?
Not returning to the game after scoring his third TD is bad new. But, on the flip side..he's apparently good at what he does...score touchdowns.
William "Refrigerator" Perry of the mid-80's Chicago Bears, A huge 340 DL was sent in to play fullback when the ball was within a yard or two of the goal line. It got in. And after all, the game is really all about the ball, getting it, keeping it and getting into the other guys end zone.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:Not returning to the game after scoring his third TD is bad new. But, on the flip side..he's apparently good at what he does...score touchdowns.
William "Refrigerator" Perry of the mid-80's Chicago Bears, A huge 340 DL was sent in to play fullback when the ball was within a yard or two of the goal line. It got in. And after all, the game is really all about the ball, getting it, keeping it and getting into the other guys end zone.
I thought Knight had a carry right before our ill fated field goal attempt in the ISU game. I know he was really banged up in that game-that was obvious when I watched the replay.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:11 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:Not returning to the game after scoring his third TD is bad new. But, on the flip side..he's apparently good at what he does...score touchdowns.
I thought Knight had a carry right before our ill fated field goal attempt in the ISU game. I know he was really banged up in that game-that was obvious when I watched the replay.
He did. The fourth down carry. You are correct.