Bar in Bozeman

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bar in Bozeman

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:50 pm

grizband wrote:I will be at a wedding in Bozeman this Saturday, instead of in Missoula for the game. What would be a good bar in Bozeman to watch Cat/Griz?
Grandtree for sure. It will be way more mellow. No way Specs if you're a griz fan. R Bar 50/50 of getting a hard time. A place that really is no longer a crap hole is the Molly Brown. Cheap beer and mostly a chill group of people. Good luck, I think you have a better chance then the two clowns getting married. A wedding on Cat/griz? What the hell is wrong with some peoples kids? GO CATS!

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
grizband wrote:I will be at a wedding in Bozeman this Saturday, instead of in Missoula for the game. What would be a good bar in Bozeman to watch Cat/Griz?
Grandtree for sure. It will be way more mellow. No way Specs if you're a griz fan. R Bar 50/50 of getting a hard time. A place that really is no longer a crap hole is the Molly Brown. Cheap beer and mostly a chill group of people. Good luck, I think you have a better chance then the two clowns getting married. A wedding on Cat/griz? What the hell is wrong with some peoples kids? GO CATS!
Thanks for the advice! Might check out specs, just to see what all the hype is about...

Don't know who would ever schedule a wedding this weekend, Cat or Griz fan

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 pm

grizband wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Thanks for the advice! Might check out specs, just to see what all the hype is about...

Don't know who would ever schedule a wedding this weekend, Cat or Griz fan
I seriously wouldn't go to Specs unless you've got some Cat fans with you. I mean, most fans are great but there's always one or two assholes. Last time I was there it was fine and there was a griz fan with some Cat friends who enjoyed a good ribbing but you never know. I just don't want it ruined for you. It's a good bar but definitely a die hard, Bozeman Cat bar.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

grizband

Post by grizband » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Should have a cat fun buddy there, but appreciate the heads up.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Check out the Pour House, as well. Plenty of TVs, usually a pretty mellow crowd and should be good for a griz fan. Good food and friendly staff. I also like The GrandTree.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Sportin' Life
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Sportin' Life » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Shaner wrote:
CelticCat wrote:Is the Hideaway still open? I always enjoyed sports viewing in there.
I don't think it is the Hideaway anymore, but there is a bar in the same location. I haven't been in there in a decade though, so I don't know what it's like anymore.
I used to watch Griz games at the old Hide-away about 15 years ago, with never a hint of bother. On the other hand grizband should definitely avoid Specs. I think 98% of the trouble he would get at Specs would be good natured ribbing, but that other two percent mixed with alcohol can become volatile. Especially if all is right with the world and the Griz take care of business.

"GD it, PETAns piss me off!
Were never gonna end up with a stupid eagle or a faggy bobcat as a mascot!"
Cartman

Air Force Cat

Post by Air Force Cat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:22 pm

We are having a party at Mixers. Game on all 7 TV's and good catered by Ferraros

CATFAN4LIFE
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CATFAN4LIFE » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Come to Mixers love chatting with Griz fans and there is a "FAN" tabulous party going on there as well. OH and GO BOBCATS!