Satellite Party Check In

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Satellite Party Check In

Post by SaxCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

So, out of town Bobcats, which satellite party are you going to and how many in your group?

My wife and I are headed to the Sacramento/Fair Oaks party for the third year. Nice, outdoor covered patio but a shame that we get only one screen. It has had a pretty even mix of cat and Griz fans, but a few more Griz fans came out of the wood work last year while it seemed like a few cat fans stayed home.

Cat in NC

Re: Satellite Party Check In

Post by Cat in NC » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:27 am

Hosting the viewing party in Charlotte. Had about 40 people in attendance last year. Should be a great time, and Uber/Lyft will definitely be getting my business!

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:12 am

Salt Lake City at Gracie's

I'd guess about 60-70 folks in all, fairly even split between Cats and griz lately -- before McGhee it was 2/3 griz fans

gonna miss this year's however :( we're having our own football banquet at the same time (JDoub was HC of the Ute Conference Mity Mite Champions, 11-12 yr olds, with JDoub's oldest son at QB!) I hafta stay away from all media until I can watch off my DVR, gonna be a rough night.

Cheshire-CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cheshire-CAT » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:27 am

Heading to a Fleetwood Mac concert in Portland this weekend. Pre-concert-function is Cat/griz at Portland Grand Central. Go Cats!

BLUE and GOLD all the way!

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 am

Cat griz is at Buffalo Wild wings here in Twin Falls Idaho, I will be watching it on hi def at the Anchor with friends rather than fuzzy projection screens at BWW.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 am

JDoub wrote:Salt Lake City at Gracie's

I'd guess about 60-70 folks in all, fairly even split between Cats and griz lately -- before McGhee it was 2/3 griz fans

gonna miss this year's however :( we're having our own football banquet at the same time (JDoub was HC of the Ute Conference Mity Mite Champions, 11-12 yr olds, with JDoub's oldest son at QB!) I hafta stay away from all media until I can watch off my DVR, gonna be a rough night.
I'll be there with the Mrs. BozoneCat. I was hoping to meet up with you, JDoub, but I suppose that the little ones supersede us in cases like this! I'm pretty bummed to miss my first Cat/griz game in 16 years, but looking forward to seeing what the satellite parties are all about, since I've never been to one. Any advice on how early we should show up?

GO CATS GO!!!

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am

BozoneCat wrote:
JDoub wrote:Salt Lake City at Gracie's

I'll be there with the Mrs. BozoneCat. I was hoping to meet up with you, JDoub, but I suppose that the little ones supersede us in cases like this! I'm pretty bummed to miss my first Cat/griz game in 16 years, but looking forward to seeing what the satellite parties are all about, since I've never been to one. Any advice on how early we should show up?
So I double check my schedule, which is too full lately, and my banquet is tonight -- forgot we changed it last week to accommodate the Ute-Arizona game.

Let me check with Mrs. JDoub and if we can be there, let's definitely meet up at Gracie's. I'd get there around 2:15 to get a table. I'll PM you my cell #

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 am

It's R.T O'Sullivans a large and well equipped Irish tavern just off the 60 freeway on S. Stapley Dr. in Mesa, AZ. There will again be a big turnout of both CATS and griz. It is a fun place with screens all around. You'll probably run into someone you know or meet someone you wanted to know.

ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ImagineSanta » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:31 am

We have the best fans. :thumbup:

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:55 am

Having one at the Brewery in Sidney :suds: . Wish we could make the game this year!

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

glorified j
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by glorified j » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:57 am

Grand Central in PDX for the third year in a row. Usually a lot of fun.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

McGregor's Bar in San Diego!!!!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

sandiegocat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sandiegocat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Hosting in San Diego at McGregor's Grill & Ale House. We usually have around 200 people, split about 50/50. McGregor's is bringing in a couple kegs of Moose Droll (don't hate its all they can get from the distributor down here). He also let me know he had bought a Cat and Griz flag for the front of the bar. Their whole staff looks forward to Cat Griz. Our waitress last week for ISU told me she hadn't been scheduled but demanded to out on over the "new girl." They also were excited to hear that Kick Off was 2 hours later at 2 PST. More time for pre-game tailgating activities since many of us get to the bar at 9 a.m.!

GO CATS! FTG!

Go Cats!
MSU '94

KageRage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KageRage » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm

The official Satellite party for Casper WY was deleted from the list, so coming up with a new plan. You will find at least 2 Cats and 1 Griz @ Prime Time Pub tomorrow, but the more the merrier!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Hosting the San Francisco party at McTeague's Saloon. This is only the second year at this location so it's still gaining momentum, but hoping for a good crowd.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Just moved out to Portland this year. Heading over to Grand Central to get in on the fun with my wife and little one.

Cat in NC

Post by Cat in NC » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Cat in NC wrote:Hosting the viewing party in Charlotte. Had about 40 people in attendance last year. Should be a great time, and Uber/Lyft will definitely be getting my business!
Yes, I'm actually quoting myself...

For anyone on Bobcat Nation in the QC or the surrounding area, the Charlotte viewing party will be at TacoMac (or T.Mac, as they're trying to be called now) near the SouthPark Mall. 4625 Piedmont Row Drive. We'll most likely be set up in the big private room upstairs...I think that Cat/griz scares the SEC and ACC fans...

My contact info is on the MSUAF website.

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

Robert Martin
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Robert Martin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Side Street in Fargo, ND

The funny thing is, my wife is a Griz and puts it on, probably more Griz at the party than Cats, but we will be louder this year.

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat80 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:04 pm

St George wrote:Cat griz is at Buffalo Wild wings here in Twin Falls Idaho, I will be watching it on hi def at the Anchor with friends rather than fuzzy projection screens at BWW.
St. George, how many people attend at The Anchor? I was planning on attending BWW myself. This is my first time attending a satellite party in Twin. I'd rather go to The Anchor myself. After all, there is a Cat pennant hanging proudly there.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hosting at Buffalo Wild Wings in southwest Las Vegas (4280 S Hualapai). Had about 120 last year. We have a private room that holds about 40, which we occupy every Saturday, but fans spill out into the restaurant and bar areas for Cat-Griz. BWW loves Bobcat fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!