Satellite Party Check In

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Satellite Party Check In

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

sandiegocat wrote:Hosting in San Diego at McGregor's Grill & Ale House. We usually have around 200 people, split about 50/50. McGregor's is bringing in a couple kegs of Moose Droll (don't hate its all they can get from the distributor down here). He also let me know he had bought a Cat and Griz flag for the front of the bar. Their whole staff looks forward to Cat Griz. Our waitress last week for ISU told me she hadn't been scheduled but demanded to out on over the "new girl." They also were excited to hear that Kick Off was 2 hours later at 2 PST. More time for pre-game tailgating activities since many of us get to the bar at 9 a.m.!

GO CATS! FTG!
You better have a DD Pete. Wheeler can't make it... :lol:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 pm

I will miss my first in quite a while. Our Daughter is going through cancer treatments and Sat night is a fundraiser for her. In fact she has had fundraisers the two previous weeks so I have missed those games as well. There is a Sports Bar in the town we will be staying so I will see if they can get the game for me for at least the first half, then off to the dinner.....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:17 pm

RickRund wrote:I will miss my first in quite a while. Our Daughter is going through cancer treatments and Sat night is a fundraiser for her. In fact she has had fundraisers the two previous weeks so I have missed those games as well. There is a Sports Bar in the town we will be staying so I will see if they can get the game for me for at least the first half, then off to the dinner.....
Good luck to you. May a Bobcat victory extend to your daughter for hers!

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Robert Martin wrote:Side Street in Fargo, ND

The funny thing is, my wife is a Griz and puts it on, probably more Griz at the party than Cats, but we will be louder this year.
We attended 4 or 5 great ones there! Always a good party, but there was one grumpy Griz guy that would never sit by me. Actually got up and moved because of my "rediculous" cheering :D \:D/

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Hosting a satelite party in Queensland, all are welcome to sweat on the patio with mimossa on Sunday morning cheering on our Bobcats. With our now traditional half time swim in the pool :D

Probably just the fam will make it again this year! But maybe some year Teachercat will join??

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Had a plan to see the game in Europe, but Uncle Sam had a different plan.

So instead, I'll be calling the fam every ten minutes on a satellite phone while over the North Atlantic. That's a "satellite party" right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

cats_thirdeye
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cats_thirdeye » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Hosting the satellite party here in Rapid City at Thirsty's, for the fourth year. The first year I hosted we were outnumbered about 4-5/1. But each year the Cat fans have closed the gap.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:39 am

Pauline's Toasted Barrel - Lexington, KY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeacherCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by TeacherCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:57 am

Hosting a party in Auckland, New Zealand. Two cat alums and 3 converts (Irishman, Scotsman, Englishman). Any other Cat or Griz fans are welcome.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

TeacherCat

Post by TeacherCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:59 am

ChiOCat wrote:Hosting a satelite party in Queensland, all are welcome to sweat on the patio with mimossa on Sunday morning cheering on our Bobcats. With our now traditional half time swim in the pool :D

Probably just the fam will make it again this year! But maybe some year Teachercat will join??
Only if you promise not to turn summer on to early. We are very sensitive to heat here in NZ. A halftime swim does sound nice. :D

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. -Thomas Jefferson

TeacherCat

Post by TeacherCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:00 pm

TeacherCat wrote:Hosting a party in Auckland, New Zealand. Two cat alums and 3 converts (Irishman, Scotsman, Englishman). Any other Cat or Griz fans are welcome.
Chiocat you and the family are more than welcome too. We don't have a pool though...

ChiOCat

Post by ChiOCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm

TeacherCat wrote:
ChiOCat wrote:Hosting a satelite party in Queensland, all are welcome to sweat on the patio with mimossa on Sunday morning cheering on our Bobcats. With our now traditional half time swim in the pool :D

Only if you promise not to turn summer on to early. We are very sensitive to heat here in NZ. A halftime swim does sound nice. :D
I can't promise that! Third Cat/Griz down under and the thrid time it's hot by game time :D It is November after all!!

BluegrassCat
New Recruit

Post by BluegrassCat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Will be watching in Northern Kentucky, Barleycorns Florence if anyone in the area...