Cat game in Ft. Benton

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

jrearden
New Recruit

Cat game in Ft. Benton

Post by jrearden » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Where is the best place for a Cat fan to watch the Cat/Griz game in Fort Benton?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat game in Ft. Benton

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:28 pm

jrearden wrote:Where is the best place for a Cat fan to watch the Cat/Griz game in Fort Benton?
Across the street from the Historic Hotel whatever it's called. Food is pretty decent but not as good as what you can get in Loma.

getrdonecat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by getrdonecat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Across the street from the Grand union is the Banque club. It is griz owned and proud of it, but not a hostile place. The club house has way more TV's and good bar food. If I was going to be in Fort Benton on Saturday the Club House is where I would be.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm

getrdonecat wrote:Across the street from the Grand union is the Banque club. It is griz owned and proud of it, but not a hostile place. The club house has way more TV's and good bar food. If I was going to be in Fort Benton on Saturday the Club House is where I would be.
I kind of enjoy the Grand Union and being able to walk back to my room not that I ever have more than one or two anymore. I thoroughly enjoy being around good fans who don't get overly obnoxious and love it when the Fort Benton kids give them a little crap about their school. Used to go there with my parents before they passed. Little old Fort Benton produced some real good players for both teams.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:42 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
getrdonecat wrote:Across the street from the Grand union is the Banque club. It is griz owned and proud of it, but not a hostile place. The club house has way more TV's and good bar food. If I was going to be in Fort Benton on Saturday the Club House is where I would be.
I kind of enjoy the Grand Union and being able to walk back to my room not that I ever have more than one or two anymore. I thoroughly enjoy being around good fans who don't get overly obnoxious and love it when the Fort Benton kids give them a little crap about their school. Used to go there with my parents before they passed. Little old Fort Benton produced some real good players for both teams.
It's for sale if you're in the market. :wink:

I love that old hotel. I actually really like that whole part of Fort Benton. The history seems to hit me on a gut level there.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

I love that old hotel. I actually really like that whole part of Fort Benton. The history seems to hit me on a gut level there.
Buy the bar in Cleveland! It's just north of Red Raider country!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Small confession -- I've been across the Ferry a few times, but I've never been as far north as Cleveland on that road.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Small confession -- I've been across the Ferry a few times, but I've never been as far north as Cleveland on that road.
It has the last bar (Oak) that came up the Missouri to Fort Benton. One of seven. Very similar to the one the Bair sisters have at Martinsdale.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Probably the best place is the Club House. Advertise themselves as a sports bar and have decent pub grub. Get the buffalo chips with your meal. If they are fresh, they are pretty good. Across the street is the Banque club. Owned by a griz, but has tons of cat and griz people in there and they are civil. Older mellower crowd. Across the side street is the Pastime. It is owned by a griz as well. He is a little more outgoing with his fandom. He has cats and griz in there too. Younger louder crown. The Clubhouse is behind the pastime across the ally. It is owned by a griz too, but they cater to both.

Wrangler
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Wrangler » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 pm

How about Chris Halko"s house??? lol

msu5
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msu5 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 pm

If your going to view in Fort Benton call Tim Waldo he had opportunity to play for both teams but went straight to the pro's. Welcomes both teams!!!

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Wrangler wrote:How about Chris Halko"s house??? lol
That is always an option. Chances are he will end up without his pants at the end of the night.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 pm

msu5 wrote:If your going to view in Fort Benton call Tim Waldo he had opportunity to play for both teams but went straight to the pro's. Welcomes both teams!!!
I assumed Waldo would be in Missoula for the game?

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:50 pm

If Mr. Mayor could pass it through the town council Griz would be outlawed in Ft. Benton. With all the work Elliotts have done it would be noble to erect a Cat statue on the levee.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm

76er wrote:If Mr. Mayor could pass it through the town council Griz would be outlawed in Ft. Benton. With all the work Elliotts have done it would be noble to erect a Cat statue on the levee.
:goodpost:
The Elliott's are a great Bobcat family! Their segment on "The Line" is a great story!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: