Gazette blows it again!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Gazette blows it again!!

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Our pals at the grizzette botched their "retrospective" slideshow. No surprise I know.

It's obviously written by a grizz fan. In the championships section they don't give MSU credit for our 1976 BSC title and say both teams have 19. They minimize our 1956 NAIA title. They say our national title count comes "with some caveats" since one is NAIA and finished in a tie and one was division II. However there's no caveats about um on the page that shows the all time series record, but they point out that um has "actually won 71..." Then say nothing about how um won a ton of games as a NCAA team playing an NAIA team. No caveat for that since it doesn't help um look good.

Back to Champioships page they say that when comparing "apples to apples" that um has two titles to our one. WTF! The Division II title came against tougher competition than what is in the FCS. Then it goes to keep saying MSU only has 14 BSC titles to 19 for um, but notes um was "forced" to vacate 2011 so its 18-14. Actually grizette its 18-15 and um didn't get forced to vacate $h!t. They proposed their own sanctions!!

Then it shows "notable" games. Mostly won by um of course.

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Gazette blows it again!!

Post by merff33 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:58 pm

bias. Of course our own hometown paper doesn't write squat about the CATS either. :?

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:03 pm

And this surprises you how? If Rockchuck has any input in this article, then it was with input from an admitted griz homer.

In similar news, I always have to laugh when I read some griz mount breather lament that the gazette is biased towards the Cats.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

SenorWeezer
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by SenorWeezer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:47 pm

There are a couple pretty good sports writers for the Gazette (Slim Kimmel, Greg Rachac), however the sports section as a whole has been fizz-biased (and west high for that matter.. haha) for as long as I can remember.

Now, adding to the mix they have a "new" sports editor named Jeff Welsch who I believe was the Bozo Chronicle's sports editor at one point. Correct me if i am wrong, but I don't think he was much of a supporter of Bobcat Athletics during his tenure there either. Some of the things he writes in the paper and on social media are quite odd. He certainly doesn't seem like a "sports guy" to me.

"I was Bobcat before Bobcat was cool."

ECat79
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ECat79 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:39 pm

In total agreement. If the grizzels had won last Saturday the front page would have been covered in a win for the ages spread. As it was there was a side by side mini headline which seemed to treat both games as equals. Their hope at a Kramer gets revenge headline went down the toilet. I've been tired of it for many years but the Gazoo buys up any other attempt to have competition. If there was any other paper in town I'd have it. "Billings West Griz Gazette"

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

ECat79 wrote:In total agreement. If the grizzels had won last Saturday the front page would have been covered in a win for the ages spread. As it was there was a side by side mini headline which seemed to treat both games as equals. Their hope at a Kramer gets revenge headline went down the toilet. I've been tired of it for many years but the Gazoo buys up any other attempt to have competition. If there was any other paper in town I'd have it. "Billings West Griz Gazette"
Uh, the Griz did win last Saturday.

Idiots..............all of you. FTC

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Plainiac wrote:
ECat79 wrote:In total agreement. If the grizzels had won last Saturday the front page would have been covered in a win for the ages spread. As it was there was a side by side mini headline which seemed to treat both games as equals. Their hope at a Kramer gets revenge headline went down the toilet. I've been tired of it for many years but the Gazoo buys up any other attempt to have competition. If there was any other paper in town I'd have it. "Billings West Griz Gazette"
Uh, the Griz did win last Saturday.

Idiots..............all of you. FTC
I think he was referring to if the griz had beaten ISU.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:50 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:There are a couple pretty good sports writers for the Gazette (Slim Kimmel, Greg Rachac), however the sports section as a whole has been fizz-biased (and west high for that matter.. haha) for as long as I can remember.

Now, adding to the mix they have a "new" sports editor named Jeff Welsch who I believe was the Bozo Chronicle's sports editor at one point. Correct me if i am wrong, but I don't think he was much of a supporter of Bobcat Athletics during his tenure there either. Some of the things he writes in the paper and on social media are quite odd. He certainly doesn't seem like a "sports guy" to me.
FYI; Rachac = Rockchuck. And while he may be a generally good writer, unbiased he is not.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

ECat79
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ECat79 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:05 pm

I was supposing that. Thanks for the clarification and my... aren't they being literal.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:18 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:There are a couple pretty good sports writers for the Gazette (Slim Kimmel, Greg Rachac), however the sports section as a whole has been fizz-biased (and west high for that matter.. haha) for as long as I can remember.

Welsch wasn't a homer when he worked for the Chronicle, but he wrote a lot of great stuff about the Bobcats. He always seemed like a real pro to me.

He does write a lot of things that go far beyond sports -- he's written lots of great articles for Montana Quarterly, etc.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:40 pm

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... 11d49.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a little gem from Welsch's days as the BDC sports editor. I even get mentioned-along with a few others!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 pm

I quit reading it and his tweets and pretty much everything coming out of there because it's just unnerving and unnecessary since Colter has his gig over here. The two clowns at the grizzette can piss up a rope for all I care.

09griz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 09griz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:04 pm

Who the hell reads the newspaper?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:I quit reading it and his tweets and pretty much everything coming out of there because it's just unnerving and unnecessary since Colter has his gig over here. The two clowns at the grizzette can piss up a rope for all I care.
Looky there! Looky there! There goes a rolling donut! Guess what they and all the damn trolls can take a flying try at?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:I quit reading it and his tweets and pretty much everything coming out of there because it's just unnerving and unnecessary since Colter has his gig over here. The two clowns at the grizzette can piss up a rope for all I care.
Looky there! Looky there! There goes a rolling donut! Guess what they and all the damn trolls can take a flying try at?
Bob Zimmerman you are not. I can tell what he was talking about.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

77matcat
Member # Retired

Gazette blows it again!!

Post by 77matcat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Hahaha
Haven't heard piss up a rope since Marty Leland wore a piss up a rope tie in jr high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 pm

77matcat wrote:Hahaha
Haven't heard piss up a rope since Marty Leland wore a piss up a rope tie in jr high.

http://youtu.be/8-YqwbawQ5k

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Gazette blows it again!!

Post by spring creek cat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Haha, that's funny. The best line in that song describes the Grizz on Saturday perfectly! Up@$@@creek with a turd as a paddle. Lol

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
77matcat wrote:Hahaha

http://youtu.be/8-YqwbawQ5k
Hahahaha

Toooo much free time.

Cheshire-CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cheshire-CAT » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 am

No surprise here - Gazette has been all about the griz for as long as I can remember. It just makes it more fun when the Cats win.

BLUE and GOLD all the way!