Gazette blows it again!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gazette blows it again!!

Post by [cat_bracket] » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 am

Just to clear the confusion:
National titles
MSU 3
UM 2

Conference titles
MSU 20
UM 18

All time series
UM 70
MSU 37
Ties 5

If you want to "caveat" the NAIA games:
National titles
MSU 2
UM 2

Conference titles
UM 18
MSU 15

All time series
UM 48
MSU 37
Ties 2

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:Just to clear the confusion:
National titles
MSU 3
UM 2

Conference titles
MSU 20
UM 18

All time series
UM 70
MSU 37
Ties 5

National titles
MSU 2
UM 2

Conference titles
UM 18
MSU 15

All time series
UM 48
MSU 37
Ties 2
They'll never print a correction due to their rectal cranial inversion, but you should send that to them.

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:The Division II title came against tougher competition than what is in the FCS.
This is an absolutely true statement. That 76 championship was probably the best year or accomplishment for any Montana football team. DivII at the time was essentially all of current DivII, most of the current FCS and a ton of teams that are now FBS. It was an amazing run by an amazing team and it pisses me off that people look back at it like it was some second rate championship. It was more than any griz team ever accomplished.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:Just to clear the confusion:
National titles
MSU 3
UM 2

Conference titles
MSU 20
UM 18

All time series
UM 70
MSU 37
Ties 5

National titles
MSU 2
UM 2

Conference titles
UM 18
MSU 15

All time series
UM 48
MSU 37
Ties 2
best post ever.

This space for rent....

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Weltercat wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:The Division II title came against tougher competition than what is in the FCS.
This is an absolutely true statement. That 76 championship was probably the best year or accomplishment for any Montana football team. DivII at the time was essentially all of current DivII, most of the current FCS and a ton of teams that are now FBS. It was an amazing run by an amazing team and it pisses me off that people look back at it like it was some second rate championship. It was more than any griz team ever accomplished.
Well said. Although I would love to see the Plus 5, I-AA and DII merge, some of the Plus 5 schools such as UAB are simply going to drop football. Wish we had a true small college national champion but some of the schools competing at the DII level now winning championships with more scholarships would cause the Plus 5 schools to leave again.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:58 am

Gazette knocks this one out of the park.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... t=BGKarenS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:Gazette knocks this one out of the park.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... t=BGKarenS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was awesome! :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Gotta love that pink endzone in the 2nd simulation! :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Plainiac wrote:
ECat79 wrote:In total agreement. If the grizzels had won last Saturday the front page would have been covered in a win for the ages spread. As it was there was a side by side mini headline which seemed to treat both games as equals. Their hope at a Kramer gets revenge headline went down the toilet. I've been tired of it for many years but the Gazoo buys up any other attempt to have competition. If there was any other paper in town I'd have it. "Billings West Griz Gazette"
Uh, the Griz did win last Saturday.

Idiots..............all of you. FTC
No class. Exactly why Griz fans have such a bad reputation.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:43 pm

CelticCat wrote:

I actually kind of hate you for posting that. Seven minutes of my life I'll never get back. ](*,)

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

I actually kind of hate you for posting that. Seven minutes of my life I'll never get back. ](*,)
Want to come over and play Mario Kart? That might be a bit more fun.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

Now THAT is journalism, colter. Jealousy is a stinky cologne. ;)

ECat79
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ECat79 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Plainiac wrote:
ECat79 wrote:In total agreement. If the grizzels had won last Saturday the front page would have been covered in a win for the ages spread. As it was there was a side by side mini headline which seemed to treat both games as equals. Their hope at a Kramer gets revenge headline went down the toilet. I've been tired of it for many years but the Gazoo buys up any other attempt to have competition. If there was any other paper in town I'd have it. "Billings West Griz Gazette"

Guess I could have made my point a little more Cat vs ISU more obvious. He completely missed the point however. Wow, I try to do some Gazette bashing and this happens.
Last edited by ECat79 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:57 pm

ECat79 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

Guess I could have made my point a little more Cat vs ISU more obvious. He completely missed the point however. Wow, I try to do some Gazette bashing and this this happens.
Notice how he didn't even respond when I corrected him. We're the idiots?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:26 pm

ECat79 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

Guess I could have made my point a little more Cat vs ISU more obvious. He completely missed the point however. Wow, I try to do some Gazette bashing and this happens.
Everyone understood you except Brainiac. He's quick as a whip, that one.

Muck the Friz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Muck the Friz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:05 pm

I love how the Griz think stats only go back to 1995 when they FINALLY won their first chipper. When it comes to our NAIA Chipper, at least we can claim we have won at every level! Since then, if it wasn't for their home field for 90% of their playoff games, they wouldn't have even made it to as many championship games as they have. Once they had to leave Missoula, they lost. I always said that the ESPN playoff banners in Tennessee were kryptonite for the Griz since they have lost the majority of Championship games they have played in. All those chances to pull ahead of MSU in National Titles and all they can do is piss down their legs on national television!!! Keep trying to catch up! LOSERS.

You can't spell dumb without UM...Guck the Friz!
Bobcats = 3 National Titles (we won 3 before they won 1...STILL playing catchup)
Griz = 2 National Titles

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
ECat79 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Plainiac wrote:

Everyone understood you except Brainiac. He's quick as a whip, that one.
Yep, he's sharp as a marble.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt