How many CAT/griz games have you attended?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: How many CAT/griz games have you attended?

Post by suckitgriz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:16 am

I am proud to say that I have been to every single Cat/griz game since 1997 (freshman year of college). Can't wait for tomorrow!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 am

13, and this year makes 14.

I've seen the Bobcats win twice. Once at Dornblaser in the early 80s when I was maybe 10, the other in 2012. I've never seen MSU beat UM in Bozeman in football. My last game in Bozeman was the Heppner FG.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:42 am

Cledus wrote:
c.falls cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I was thinking back today, and i think this year will be 14 for me. First one was the heart breaker of 1997 during my freshman year.
1997 was my first too. I still get that just-been-kicked-in-the-nuts feeling when I think about that one. ugh.
I have been to 6 total. 5 at home and 1 at the other place.
I see Geoff Groshelle every couple of years it seems like (he's the kicker who put the kick off out of bounds at the end of the game). I hope he's been able to put that behind him and move on.

I'm pretty impressed at how high the number is for some of you guys. I've never thought about mine, but I'm guessing they're somewhere around 5 to 7. Can't even remember my first one, or my last one. But I sure do remember '97.
Is he back in Billings again? I believe he used to live in Great Falls. I used to see him occasionally too.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:44 am

Been to every home game since 2003. So 6.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Looks like the griz stole your logo for their helmet sticker for this game. haha

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:26 pm

wbtfg wrote:Looks like the griz stole your logo for their helmet sticker for this game. haha
Don't tell CDAGRIZ. He'll claim a 6th grader designed it in MS Paint. But that makes sense for something the UM athletic dept. would do for this game.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:33 pm

John K wrote:
Cledus wrote:
c.falls cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I was thinking back today, and i think this year will be 14 for me. First one was the heart breaker of 1997 during my freshman year.
1997 was my first too. I still get that just-been-kicked-in-the-nuts feeling when I think about that one. ugh.
I have been to 6 total. 5 at home and 1 at the other place.
I see Geoff Groshelle every couple of years it seems like (he's the kicker who put the kick off out of bounds at the end of the game). I hope he's been able to put that behind him and move on.

I'm pretty impressed at how high the number is for some of you guys. I've never thought about mine, but I'm guessing they're somewhere around 5 to 7. Can't even remember my first one, or my last one. But I sure do remember '97.
Is he back in Billings again? I believe he used to live in Great Falls. I used to see him occasionally too.
I have no idea. I'm kind of new to Billings myself, having returned home after a four-year hitch in Wyoming. I haven't seen him since I've been back, which has been about seven months. I should have clarified my original post covered up to 2010.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Muck the Friz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Muck the Friz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm

I wasnt really a cat or griz backer until that game, but the ensuring fallout from dbag griz fans over thanksgiving and xmas breaks caused me to hate all things grizzly from that point on.

The highlight was either the win in 2002 or waking up in the shower of the UM sigma chi house in 1998. Both were pretty epic experiences.

This is why I can't go to Missoula a.k.a. Smog Valley to watch this rivalry. By the end of the day those idiots are on my last nerve and I don't want to get thrown in jail. I have watched the past 7 in Bozeman. I still get goose bumps thinking about Junior Adams over the middle in Missoula and then Smith taking the opening kickoff to the house in Bozeman the year later.

You can't spell dumb without UM...Guck the Friz!
Bobcats = 3 National Titles (we won 3 before they won 1...STILL playing catchup)
Griz = 2 National Titles

rippinandtearin
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by rippinandtearin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm

First Cat/Griz game i attended was the 2002 ending of the streak in Missoula. Tomorrow will be my 9th.

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:06 am

Been to the last 10. 5 or 6 scattered from 1976 thru 2005. Wont be attending today as hernia surgery a week ago has me sidelined.GO CATS!

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG