How many CAT/griz games have you attended?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Re: How many CAT/griz games have you attended?

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:50 am

Have been to 15 now, this year will make 16. All the games in Bozeman from 95 through 03 and then every one in both places since then.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Sotallytober
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Sotallytober » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am

9 in a row, this will be my 10th. I've been to every one since I was a freshman in 2004.

CatFanatic
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFanatic » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 am

16 for me. I attended every year from 86 - 91, missed most of the 90's, then attended every year again from 01 - 07. Only home games since then.

Guck the Frizz

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:13 am

This will be my 13 game in a row. Almost didnt make this years.

Hating the griz since 02.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 am

Missing this year's game, first one I've missed since '98. I've been at 17 total, kills me to not be able to make it this year.

GO CATS GO!!!

merff33
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by merff33 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 am

12 total. I don't go to hippieville anymore. Last time I was there was when Lulay and Co. broke the streak and I swore I would never go back.
It's like shooting a trophy bull, it isn't ever going to be better than the one you already have hanging on the wall, so quit looking for another. A nice 2-3 year old cow fills my freezer just fine.
To me, the 2002 game was the best time I have ever had in wagriz (mainly because I was with my BEST friend) and it will be hard to top it, therefore I haven't been to a CAT-jizz game there every since.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!!!...........Dude...mark it zero.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Awesome thread wbtfg!

19 for me.... Saturday will be number 20! :D

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:01 pm

9 or 10 for me (some were too fuzzy to remember). My first one was 2002, my freshman yr of college, sat in the griz student section with my brother who was attending UM at the time. That cemented me as a life long Cat Fan!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:18 pm

I might need a ruling on this one. At the 1980 game in Missoula, I passed out before halftime and ended up being taken by ambulance to St. Pat's Hospital, where I was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning and a minor concussion....not sure how that happened. I don't remember too much about that game though. Is it like baseball, in which the starting pitcher needs to make it through the 5th inning before they're eligible for a win? If I didn't make it through the 1st half, do I still get to count it? At the 1982 game in Missoula, my buddy passed out at a pre-game house party, and didn't even make it to the stadium. He framed his unused ticket, and had it hanging on his wall for several years.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:57 pm

John K wrote:I might need a ruling on this one. At the 1980 game in Missoula, I passed out before halftime and ended up being taken by ambulance to St. Pat's Hospital, where I was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning and a minor concussion....not sure how that happened. I don't remember too much about that game though. Is it like baseball, in which the starting pitcher needs to make it through the 5th inning before they're eligible for a win? If I didn't make it through the 1st half, do I still get to count it? At the 1982 game in Missoula, my buddy passed out at a pre-game house party, and didn't even make it to the stadium. He framed his unused ticket, and had it hanging on his wall for several years.

After further review, the ruling on the field stands as called the fan did attend the game and will not be charged a timeout.

However your friend did not attend the game and will be charged his third and final timeout.

catfisherman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catfisherman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 pm

My first was 1998, then i didnt go again until freshman year of college in 2004. 2004 till 2007 missed 08 then 09-12 so thats 9. Worst was getting hit in the head with a bottle of Jager in Missoulla in the student section lots of bad decisions made that day

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Bocephus wrote:
John K wrote:I might need a ruling on this one. At the 1980 game in Missoula, I passed out before halftime and ended up being taken by ambulance to St. Pat's Hospital, where I was diagnosed with alcohol poisoning and a minor concussion....not sure how that happened. I don't remember too much about that game though. Is it like baseball, in which the starting pitcher needs to make it through the 5th inning before they're eligible for a win? If I didn't make it through the 1st half, do I still get to count it? At the 1982 game in Missoula, my buddy passed out at a pre-game house party, and didn't even make it to the stadium. He framed his unused ticket, and had it hanging on his wall for several years.

After further review, the ruling on the field stands as called the fan did attend the game and will not be charged a timeout.

However your friend did not attend the game and will be charged his third and final timeout.
Haha...thanks for the clarification. Although when my buddy hears about your ruling, he will probably start bitching about those "damn incompetent BSC refs". :lol:

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Giving away my youthful demeanor here, but I hit 23 in a row from 1972 to 1995 and every other year since then. Must be about 30. Huge difference over the years:
- far fewer Montana kids starting for either team.

- everyone is bigger faster stronger. Bill Kollar was the monster of the Big Sky, mostly because of his speed at DT. But, he was 6'3" and 240 pounds.

- These "forums' have increased the B. S. level to ridiculous heights. There are a thousand times more coaching experts than there used to be and 95% of it is coming out of everybody's south end zone.

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm

76er wrote:Giving away my youthful demeanor here, but I hit 23 in a row from 1972 to 1995 and every other year since then. Must be about 30. Huge difference over the years:
- far fewer Montana kids starting for either team.

- everyone is bigger faster stronger. Bill Kollar was the monster of the Big Sky, mostly because of his speed at DT. But, he was 6'3" and 240 pounds.

- These "forums' have increased the B. S. level to ridiculous heights. There are a thousand times more coaching experts than there used to be and 95% of it is coming out of everybody's south end zone.
Forgot to mention- in the 70's and 80's everyone was drunk on their ass and never watched the game....

Weltercat
Member # Retired

Post by Weltercat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Attended my first in the mid 70's. Probably been to at least a dozen.

"The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem it will avail us little to solve all others." Theodore Roosevelt

VanGoogle
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by VanGoogle » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Since 01 I have been to all home games and this weekend makes the 4th one in Missoula, so this weekend makes 11.

c.falls cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by c.falls cat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:14 am

wbtfg wrote:I was thinking back today, and i think this year will be 14 for me. First one was the heart breaker of 1997 during my freshman year.
1997 was my first too. I still get that just-been-kicked-in-the-nuts feeling when I think about that one. ugh.
I have been to 6 total. 5 at home and 1 at the other place.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:30 am

c.falls cat wrote:
wbtfg wrote:I was thinking back today, and i think this year will be 14 for me. First one was the heart breaker of 1997 during my freshman year.
1997 was my first too. I still get that just-been-kicked-in-the-nuts feeling when I think about that one. ugh.
I have been to 6 total. 5 at home and 1 at the other place.
I see Geoff Groshelle every couple of years it seems like (he's the kicker who put the kick off out of bounds at the end of the game). I hope he's been able to put that behind him and move on.

I'm pretty impressed at how high the number is for some of you guys. I've never thought about mine, but I'm guessing they're somewhere around 5 to 7. Can't even remember my first one, or my last one. But I sure do remember '97.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by falconcat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 am

First game, I was still in HS, '72 at at Gatton Field. Several games at Dornblazer (sp) in MSL, pretty wild in those days. Remember (?) when the CATS played at Van Winkle while building the new stadium. 40 + years probably haven't missed more then 6 games. Best game was the one that broke the streak at msl, was it ever cold, but by the end of the game it got pretty warm.... :suds: Yea I am old. :-$

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 am

I have attended five or six Cat/Griz games since 2000. The Missoulian did an article this week about a guy who had attended something like 55 on a row...