"Ash never wins the big games"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: "Ash never wins the big games"

Post by Rich K » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:01 am

msu_2015 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
msu_2015 wrote:This was a big win, but it doesn't mean Ash wins big games all of the sudden, his big game record is actually terrible. This post would be better suited for next week when we beat the girz in Missoula. Ash still has more to prove this season.

Go Cats!
Actually if this was a "big game" and MSU won it, it kinda does mean that Ash won a big game. :lol:
I was actually saying that since he won ONE big game, it doesn't mean he WINS big games. We all know he has lost plenty of them. now do you understand??
He's won ALL the BIG games since you've been posting here. Is that going back far enough?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:59 am

The issue here is that we all have a different idea of what a big game means. For me, it's either Cat-griz or playoff wins. Through that lens, Ash is only so-so.

That said, yesterday was a great win.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 pm

utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote:This was certainly a big win but beating a team who hasn't won a thing in a million years at home is exactly a big upset. When Ash even competes against a top 5 team in the playoffs you guys can gloat that we had Ash figured wrong.
Sour grapes from a Kramer apologist? Today was a great win. How many other teams in the Big Sky put up that type of offense with their back-up QB? Maybe EWU? :roll:
This made me laugh. I'm no Kramer apologist, I think he was the top guy and too much crap happened with some of his coaches and players and he got what he deserved. I think its bs that Fields didn't get shown the door right along with him.

Also, I never said this wasn't a big game. It was huge and it is awesome we won however, the original poster was trying to claim that Ash proved his doubters wrong today and I don't think winning a conference game at home is enough for anyone to need to eat crow.
It was actually President Gamble's statement that Kramer sued over.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:30 pm

I love how none of you guys have decided not to gloat. Shows a lot of restraint.
Last edited by lutecat on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re: Re:

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:03 am

PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today.

I thought they did an excellent job. Huge win, down a bunch of WRs, the most explosive RB, and the starting QB. :-^
Btw, I am very much enjoying this win right now. I talked a lot of smack to some isu folks and thanks to my Cats they are all hiding from my texts now. Of course they were texting just fine for the first 3 quarters today.
Why are you talking smack with "some isu folks?" I've called some fellow MSU grads and we were celebrating the win. Talking junk to ISU fans is the last thing on my mind. :-k
Those "isu folks" happen to be friends of mine who have been so used to being a doormat that they got a little too excited about their recent success and initiated some smack talk with me early in the week. After listening to them tell me how Kramer was gonna kick our ass I couldn't help but say a few words back when that didn't happen. Apparently in a similar situation you would have reacted differently, good for you but I think I'll decide for myself how to interact with my friends.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:14 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote: This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.
It was a play-off elimination game for some of us. Hence a "big game." If you can't enjoy the win, then that's on you, isn't it?
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today. I still hated the defensive play calls minus the blitzes late in the game. My only point is that Ash has not even been competitive in the BIGGEST games, like the quarterfinals of the playoffs. It was a good win and I was screaming the whole time. i am very happy we won but some of you acting like ash proved something today need to take a deep breath and keep this game in perspective.

Btw, I am very much enjoying this win right now. I talked a lot of smack to some isu folks and thanks to my Cats they are all hiding from my texts now. Of course they were texting just fine for the first 3 quarters today.
Rob ash, cramsey, and yes even our favorite whipping boy Jamie Marshall won this game. Half time looked bleak, but both our defense and offense adjusted and we were dominant in the 3rd quarter. All you coach ash haters can take a step back and f÷#$ off after this one, players executed but coaching (motivation and adjustments) won this one. Ash out coached Kramer, not any more complicated than that.
Classy post. Agree that Ash got the best of Kramer but considering that Kramer is 13-32 as ISU coach overall I wouldn't get to happy about that. Some of you Ash lovers may think that this settles all debate about his abilities, personally I don't. I enjoy discussing why I have that opinion and reading why others think the way they do. Never once have I had the urge to tell a fellow Cat fan to f#$^ off just because they don't agree with me. We all should want what's best for the team and if you can't discuss differences in opinion without being an ass then I feel sorry for you.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 am

codecat wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote:This was certainly a big win but beating a team who hasn't won a thing in a million years at home is exactly a big upset. When Ash even competes against a top 5 team in the playoffs you guys can gloat that we had Ash figured wrong.
Sour grapes from a Kramer apologist? Today was a great win. How many other teams in the Big Sky put up that type of offense with their back-up QB? Maybe EWU? :roll:
This made me laugh. I'm no Kramer apologist, I think he was the top guy and too much crap happened with some of his coaches and players and he got what he deserved. I think its bs that Fields didn't get shown the door right along with him.

Also, I never said this wasn't a big game. It was huge and it is awesome we won however, the original poster was trying to claim that Ash proved his doubters wrong today and I don't think winning a conference game at home is enough for anyone to need to eat crow.
It was actually President Gamble's statement that Kramer sued over.
Not sure I understand what your getting at? My point was that I don't think went far enough in only firing Kramer. Never mentioned why Kramer sued?

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re:

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:12 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote: This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.
It was a play-off elimination game for some of us. Hence a "big game." If you can't enjoy the win, then that's on you, isn't it?
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today. I still hated the defensive play calls minus the blitzes late in the game. My only point is that Ash has not even been competitive in the BIGGEST games, like the quarterfinals of the playoffs. It was a good win and I was screaming the whole time. i am very happy we won but some of you acting like ash proved something today need to take a deep breath and keep this game in perspective.

Rob ash, cramsey, and yes even our favorite whipping boy Jamie Marshall won this game. Half time looked bleak, but both our defense and offense adjusted and we were dominant in the 3rd quarter. All you coach ash haters can take a step back and f÷#$ off after this one, players executed but coaching (motivation and adjustments) won this one. Ash out coached Kramer, not any more complicated than that.
I gotta agree with you here. The adjustments were awesome. The intensity and execution was awesome. Oh and we played basketball on grass again with the reemergence of the passing game, WITH elements of Ball Control. This was about as perfect all the way around as it gets. Not to mention, MSU took Kramer's words from this week, shoved em up his arse, and ripped his heart out. That was a GREAT WIN.
I concur. This was a big game. Coach Ash, his Staff, and the players made adjustments and won the 2nd half. Making better adjustments than the other team at halftime isn't something that is a regular occurance under Ash, BUT IT WAS THIS TIME! The 2014 CATS have been more aggressive and less predictible than any other Ash coached team I can remember. To me, that is story here. The CATS were 3 for 3 on 4th down attempts.......HELLO! Not so much because we were 3 for 3, but that we went for it 3 times. The defense held one of the best offenses in the FCS to 9 2nd half points, while our offense scored 21 points......HELLO AGAIN!

ISU is a very good team. They have lost @Utah, @Utah St, @EWU by 3, and @MSU by 5. There aren't too many people that don't think coach Kramer is a great coach, but his team definetly got out played and IMO out coached in the 2nd half, which is a teriffic sign in my book. Will it continue????? I don't know, but I do know it just happened against one of the best coaches in the BSC, and that is something to celebrate!

Spank the frizz this weekend, sneak in to a top 8 seed and get a bye, and play a home game Friday night December 5th with a fully heeled Shawn, Dakota & Justin.....so let it be written, so let it be done!

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 am

I agree, that was too strong, I was enjoying the victory a little too much, and was guilty of typing while "celebrating" :suds: I disagree that Ash can't win big games, and I felt at the time and still feel strongly that he and his staff out-coached Kramer and his staff, but I shouldn't have told anybody to F off. Bad form, my bad, I'll try to stay away from the keyboard when the home-made apple brandy strikes again! :oops:
utucats wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Classy post. Agree that Ash got the best of Kramer but considering that Kramer is 13-32 as ISU coach overall I wouldn't get to happy about that. Some of you Ash lovers may think that this settles all debate about his abilities, personally I don't. I enjoy discussing why I have that opinion and reading why others think the way they do. Never once have I had the urge to tell a fellow Cat fan to f#$^ off just because they don't agree with me. We all should want what's best for the team and if you can't discuss differences in opinion without being an ass then I feel sorry for you.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:08 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:I agree, that was too strong, I was enjoying the victory a little too much, and was guilty of typing while "celebrating" :suds: I disagree that Ash can't win big games, and I felt at the time and still feel strongly that he and his staff out-coached Kramer and his staff, but I shouldn't have told anybody to F off. Bad form, my bad, I'll try to stay away from the keyboard when the home-made apple brandy strikes again! :oops:

Appreciate that, I am guilty of the same thing when we lose, I get upset and go overboard railing against Ash & co. because I think I have seen some troubling tendencies over the years that seem to come back late in every season. I used to defend Ash all the time until the last season or two when I started believing that his conservative style and quite demeanor was not enough to prepare a team to win against top FCS competition. When x-cat posted at the end of last year I thought my judgment about Ash had been confirmed.

I think it might be time to reassess my personal opinion of our coaching situation. I do believe that Ash has needed to make an adjustment in his style and it is starting to look like he is attempting to make those adjustments. Following the game against EWU I wasn't upset at all because I thought we went out and tried to win that game as opposed to trying to manage it in order to not lose. I was optimistic but it seemed as the weeks went on that we were slipping back into our old tendencies and not attacking as much. I think we played aggressive against ISU and I credit that as much as anything as to why we pulled it out.

Point is that I see a difference in our style this year as opposed to the last few years and I need to give some credit to the man at the top. I will always hope for the success of anyone who plays any role for MSU. I have no personal vendetta against any of our coaches and hope they succeed every week. Like I've said before, I really hope that I have to look back in a few years and say what an idiot I was to question Ash and co. That being said Marshall sucks and Ash needs to fire him. :D

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:40 pm

The Players/Coaches/Fans won this game.

T E A M!

Next up the Grizzles. This team has Mojo right now. They will NOT be denied a Big Sky Championship this weekend.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

utucats wrote:
GoldstoneCat wrote:I agree, that was too strong, I was enjoying the victory a little too much, and was guilty of typing while "celebrating" :suds: I disagree that Ash can't win big games, and I felt at the time and still feel strongly that he and his staff out-coached Kramer and his staff, but I shouldn't have told anybody to F off. Bad form, my bad, I'll try to stay away from the keyboard when the home-made apple brandy strikes again! :oops:

Appreciate that, I am guilty of the same thing when we lose, I get upset and go overboard railing against Ash & co. because I think I have seen some troubling tendencies over the years that seem to come back late in every season. I used to defend Ash all the time until the last season or two when I started believing that his conservative style and quite demeanor was not enough to prepare a team to win against top FCS competition. When x-cat posted at the end of last year I thought my judgment about Ash had been confirmed.

I think it might be time to reassess my personal opinion of our coaching situation. I do believe that Ash has needed to make an adjustment in his style and it is starting to look like he is attempting to make those adjustments. Following the game against EWU I wasn't upset at all because I thought we went out and tried to win that game as opposed to trying to manage it in order to not lose. I was optimistic but it seemed as the weeks went on that we were slipping back into our old tendencies and not attacking as much. I think we played aggressive against ISU and I credit that as much as anything as to why we pulled it out.

Point is that I see a difference in our style this year as opposed to the last few years and I need to give some credit to the man at the top. I will always hope for the success of anyone who plays any role for MSU. I have no personal vendetta against any of our coaches and hope they succeed every week. Like I've said before, I really hope that I have to look back in a few years and say what an idiot I was to question Ash and co. That being said Marshall sucks and Ash needs to fire him. :D
I won't even say that anymore. Marshall has started mixing up looks, coverages, and blitzing from different parts of the field. I like it. It's also aggressive and the linebackers are playing downhill. The defense is clearly improving week to week.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re:

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:17 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

I won't even say that anymore. Marshall has started mixing up looks, coverages, and blitzing from different parts of the field. I like it. It's also aggressive and the linebackers are playing downhill. The defense is clearly improving week to week.
Yeah I liked the way we approached the 2nd half of last week's game defensively. That comment was just a rough attempt at humor. Obviously I am no comedian.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re:

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

LTCF, in your opinion, what did the line look like to you the entire game against ISU? I very rarely watch the DL play and even if I did, I would not be able to make an informed statement be it positive or negative. I tend to focus on the secondary who I feel have been asked to do way too much in this defense given the number of tackles, one, and not having any real depth, two. Loved seeing Herbert out there in prevent the last play for what it's worth.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

LTCF, in your opinion, what did the line look like to you the entire game against ISU? I very rarely watch the DL play and even if I did, I would not be able to make an informed statement be it positive or negative. I tend to focus on the secondary who I feel have been asked to do way too much in this defense given the number of tackles, one, and not having any real depth, two. Loved seeing Herbert out there in prevent the last play for what it's worth.
Line played VERY good in the second half. Sheridan lit a fire under his butt and dominated. Coe just couldn't bust a move to beat a block to save his life. He's trying, he just couldn't get there.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re:

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

Line played VERY good in the second half. Sheridan lit a fire under his butt and dominated. Coe just couldn't bust a move to beat a block to save his life. He's trying, he just couldn't get there.
Thanks. This is the one aspect of our defense I've been perplexed with because you're asking an awful lot of the secondary to cover somebody as long as they've had to this year. Even Southwick-hamm will look good if he has all day to throw it.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

Thanks. This is the one aspect of our defense I've been perplexed with because you're asking an awful lot of the secondary to cover somebody as long as they've had to this year. Even Southwick-hamm will look good if he has all day to throw it.
There's no way UM"s sub par O Line is going to give JJ or SH "All Day" to throw it. Our D Line against their undersized O line will get it done. I'm more worried about JJ (If he plays) rolling out and finding open receivers, or burning us with his feet.... although his ankle doesn't seem to be healing.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
utucats wrote:

ISU's OL is one of the better, more experience OL in the conference this season, probably second only to MSU's (perhaps EWU as well). UM's OL is average at best, or so goes the talk - I honestly haven't seen them play much, but when Griz fans are saying their OL isn't very good, I tend to take it as a truth. Therefore, I think we'll see a bit more pressure out of the DL this weekend. With SSH or a hobbled JJ, I think they will "get home" a few times more than against ISU.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

specscat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by specscat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:51 pm

I think we may have another data point for this thread. Well, in theory the Bobcats could pull out a miracle at Griz today. The November big game slump would appear to be happening.

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Not sure that Coach Ash threw those balls or dropped it either.