"Ash never wins the big games"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Re:

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:32 pm

utucats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:I think all he's saying is that one game alone doesn't completely change the opinion/perception, not that this wasn't a big game. But it's a good step in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly!!! Thank you. Some on here would like to use this game as a chance to say "told you so" to those of us who have been critical of the coaching staff. This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.
I don't have a problem with being critical of the coaching staff, but I do have a problem when people take it about 10 steps too far and say things like Ash never wins big games. They say it all the time when MSU loses regular season games against good teams, so I don't buy the idea of now redefining a 'big game' to only exist in the playoffs. Ash has won plenty of big games, and he's also lost his fair share. That's what happens when you play good teams. I'm enjoying the heck out of the fact that MSU came out on the right side of things today - if you're going to criticize, you also need to be able to give credit when it is well deserved!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:34 pm

utucats wrote: This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.
It was a play-off elimination game for some of us. Hence a "big game." If you can't enjoy the win, then that's on you, isn't it?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: "Ash never wins the big games"

Post by Darth Yoda » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:40 pm

There were a great number of posters that were very consistent in saying we were going to lose. Those guys need to man up and take some crap this evening. Seriously folks, this is some good times the last 8 years as a Bobcat. Awesome win today!

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm

PapaG wrote:
utucats wrote: This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.
It was a play-off elimination game for some of us. Hence a "big game." If you can't enjoy the win, then that's on you, isn't it?
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today. I still hated the defensive play calls minus the blitzes late in the game. My only point is that Ash has not even been competitive in the BIGGEST games, like the quarterfinals of the playoffs. It was a good win and I was screaming the whole time. i am very happy we won but some of you acting like ash proved something today need to take a deep breath and keep this game in perspective.

Btw, I am very much enjoying this win right now. I talked a lot of smack to some isu folks and thanks to my Cats they are all hiding from my texts now. Of course they were texting just fine for the first 3 quarters today.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 pm

That was a BIG game

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:There were a great number of posters that were very consistent in saying we were going to lose. Those guys need to man up and take some crap this evening. Seriously folks, this is some good times the last 8 years as a Bobcat. Awesome win today!
Don't think MSU has had 13 consecutive winning seasons before? I know MSU was pretty dominant during the 50s and 60s but I thought there were a few down years just before Sweeney took over? Then Parac before Coach Holland took over to fix several things and Lubick started out pretty well. Enjoy the heck out of the present run of success because it can turn for the worse in one year. I was pleasantly surprised at the second half showing today.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:00 pm

utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today.

I thought they did an excellent job. Huge win, down a bunch of WRs, the most explosive RB, and the starting QB. :-^
Btw, I am very much enjoying this win right now. I talked a lot of smack to some isu folks and thanks to my Cats they are all hiding from my texts now. Of course they were texting just fine for the first 3 quarters today.
Why are you talking smack with "some isu folks?" I've called some fellow MSU grads and we were celebrating the win. Talking junk to ISU fans is the last thing on my mind. :-k

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:09 pm

I also had myself convinced that the Cats would likely lose this game. Young wide receivers that seemed to be MIA for a couple of weeks. The speed of the offense on the sidelines plagued by injury. Back up QB. A good opponent on a streak. Seemed like the perfect storm. However, the team showed up to play football today. The most encouraging part of this win is that several individuals seem to have hit their stride and ate playing their best football right now, which is what one likes to see. It certainly makes the crow taste better. So, I'm going to enjoy the win.

msu_2015
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msu_2015 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:03 pm

This was a big win, but it doesn't mean Ash wins big games all of the sudden, his big game record is actually terrible. This post would be better suited for next week when we beat the girz in Missoula. Ash still has more to prove this season.

Go Cats!

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:05 pm

msu_2015 wrote:This was a big win, but it doesn't mean Ash wins big games all of the sudden, his big game record is actually terrible. This post would be better suited for next week when we beat the girz in Missoula. Ash still has more to prove this season.

Go Cats!
Actually if this was a "big game" and MSU won it, it kinda does mean that Ash won a big game. :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:06 pm

](*,) :shrug:
msu_2015 wrote:This was a big win, but it doesn't mean Ash wins big games all of the sudden, his big game record is actually terrible. This post would be better suited for next week when we beat the girz in Missoula. Ash still has more to prove this season.

Go Cats!
](*,)

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:52 pm

utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
I know it was a big game and I said that last time i replied to you. This seems like splitting hairs to me and all over the definition of big. Yes ash and everyone else involved with the team did a decent job today. I still hated the defensive play calls minus the blitzes late in the game. My only point is that Ash has not even been competitive in the BIGGEST games, like the quarterfinals of the playoffs. It was a good win and I was screaming the whole time. i am very happy we won but some of you acting like ash proved something today need to take a deep breath and keep this game in perspective.

Rob ash, cramsey, and yes even our favorite whipping boy Jamie Marshall won this game. Half time looked bleak, but both our defense and offense adjusted and we were dominant in the 3rd quarter. All you coach ash haters can take a step back and f÷#$ off after this one, players executed but coaching (motivation and adjustments) won this one. Ash out coached Kramer, not any more complicated than that.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:35 am

It is sort of big to do well in the BSC. A big win in my book is to fly through the playoffs. Then the chipper. Other than that he is average.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:41 am

I gotta say that after we lost to cp I thought 7-5 was the best we could hope for. This was a big win because we had to win and we were down a metric crap ton of starters and we got the job done. I always worried that Ash couldn't get his teams in the right mindset for playoff football. Today he proved me wrong. This team just has a different feel about it. We might lose but we are going to fight every inch a long the way!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:22 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
utucats wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Rob ash, cramsey, and yes even our favorite whipping boy Jamie Marshall won this game. Half time looked bleak, but both our defense and offense adjusted and we were dominant in the 3rd quarter. All you coach ash haters can take a step back and f÷#$ off after this one, players executed but coaching (motivation and adjustments) won this one. Ash out coached Kramer, not any more complicated than that.
I gotta agree with you here. The adjustments were awesome. The intensity and execution was awesome. Oh and we played basketball on grass again with the reemergence of the passing game, WITH elements of Ball Control. This was about as perfect all the way around as it gets. Not to mention, MSU took Kramer's words from this week, shoved em up his arse, and ripped his heart out. That was a GREAT WIN.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

Big Game-age happened!!!

Great job Cats! NOW, next week to clean up the teddies and on to another HOME GAME!!! =D^

BFcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BFcatfan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:11 am

i wil admit, had my doubts we would win, and yes it was a big win at this point of gthe season.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

msu_2015
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by msu_2015 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:21 am

KittieKop wrote:

Go Cats!
Actually if this was a "big game" and MSU won it, it kinda does mean that Ash won a big game. :lol:
I was actually saying that since he won ONE big game, it doesn't mean he WINS big games. We all know he has lost plenty of them. now do you understand??

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:38 am

This was a huge game. If we lose we are quite possibly out of the playoffs. We are now in solid position to be big sky conference champions. With Northern Arizona getting beat and a possible loss by Eastern Washington on the read against rival Portland State who has a history of playing Eastern tough we are in very good shape again. With a win next week we could possibly knock the griz out of the playoff picture and with a loss by Eastern we could be sole champions of the Big sky conference.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:41 am

msu_2015 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

Go Cats!
I was actually saying that since he won ONE big game, it doesn't mean he WINS big games. We all know he has lost plenty of them. now do you understand??
I really don't think YOU understand what you're saying. I think the coaching staff has won more than 1 what you'd even consider a "big" game. Should we compile lists of "big" wins and losses then? Of course that would turn into a pissing match too because coaching haters like you just turn the definition of important wins to fit your agenda. Just enjoy the win, OK? Because there's another "big" game next weekend. :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?