"Ash never wins the big games"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:29 pm

I understand where some of the criticism of the coaching staff comes from, although I prefer to stay out of it as those guys on the sidelines have forgotten 10 times more about football than I will ever know. But can we at least end the "Ash can't win the big games" thing now? If this wasn't a big game I'm not sure what is.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Re: "Ash never wins the big games"

Post by bobcat92 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 pm

You read my mind! We won the big game. ISU was the hot team just coming off a victory of Cal Poly who we lost to. Former Coach with a chip on his shoulder. On and on. The team didn't give up. I loved the play calling. Well maybe I would have gone for 1st down instead of trying to kick the FG at the end of the game. :D Just kidding it was the right call.

Bleskin turned the ball over twice but he kept playing to win. Got to love the team. Defense had a couple of key turn overs and stops.

You have to give credit were credit is due.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:49 pm

AMEN! Not to mention, without our starter at RB and QB. Great game coach Ash!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:56 pm

This was certainly a big win but beating a team who hasn't won a thing in a million years at home is exactly a big upset. When Ash even competes against a top 5 team in the playoffs you guys can gloat that we had Ash figured wrong.

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriftCat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:05 pm

utucats wrote:This was certainly a big win but beating a team who hasn't won a thing in a million years at home is exactly a big upset. When Ash even competes against a top 5 team in the playoffs you guys can gloat that we had Ash figured wrong.
Doesn't matter what ISU hasn't done in the past. They are a good football team THIS YEAR and this was a big win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

utucats
Member # Retired

Re:

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 pm

DriftCat wrote:
utucats wrote:This was certainly a big win but beating a team who hasn't won a thing in a million years at home is exactly a big upset. When Ash even competes against a top 5 team in the playoffs you guys can gloat that we had Ash figured wrong.
Doesn't matter what ISU hasn't done in the past. They are a good football team THIS YEAR and this was a big win.

You're right. This years ISU team is national championship contenders. :roll: I'm proud of how the team pulled this one out but acting like this is equivalent to winning in the later round of the playoffs is ridiculous. We were favored to win today and those are the games that Ash tends to win.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:16 pm

So I guess Cat Griz next week isn't a big game then, since now only playoff games against top 5 ranked teams qualify :roll:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by nutman » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Was this big game? Please expound on c why it wasn't, now that hindsight is 20/20.

DriftCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriftCat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:34 pm

utucats wrote:
DriftCat wrote:

You're right. This years ISU team is national championship contenders. :roll: I'm proud of how the team pulled this one out but acting like this is equivalent to winning in the later round of the playoffs is ridiculous. We were favored to win today and those are the games that Ash tends to win.
Never said they are NC contenders....never said the Cats are either for that matter. Simply put, that are a good football team and the Cats got the W....I'll take it as a solid, late season win.

F.K.A. - MM7CAT

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Sour grapes from a Kramer apologist? Today was a great win. How many other teams in the Big Sky put up that type of offense with their back-up QB? Maybe EWU? :roll:

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:59 pm

You know they (ISU) beat Cal Poly last week and we lost to Cal Poly right? And this was for basically the top 2 teams in the conference? And both teams had 1 loss in conference?

Your definition of big game sucks. You would have been saying I told you so if we had lost. There is no reason to not call this a big game and give huge props to the team and coaching staff.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:05 pm

I know that nobody asked me, but I don't care.

Any game that puts me in a good mood after a win is a big game. Today was a big game.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:15 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sour grapes from a Kramer apologist? Today was a great win. How many other teams in the Big Sky put up that type of offense with their back-up QB? Maybe EWU? :roll:
This made me laugh. I'm no Kramer apologist, I think he was the top guy and too much crap happened with some of his coaches and players and he got what he deserved. I think its bs that Fields didn't get shown the door right along with him.

Also, I never said this wasn't a big game. It was huge and it is awesome we won however, the original poster was trying to claim that Ash proved his doubters wrong today and I don't think winning a conference game at home is enough for anyone to need to eat crow.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re:

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
You know they (ISU) beat Cal Poly last week and we lost to Cal Poly right? And this was for basically the top 2 teams in the conference? And both teams had 1 loss in conference?

Your definition of big game sucks. You would have been saying I told you so if we had lost. There is no reason to not call this a big game and give huge props to the team and coaching staff.

Actually I predicted we'd win by 2 touchdowns so I wouldn't have said I told you so if we'd lost. Check the predictions thread if you'd like.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:19 pm

utucats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Actually I predicted we'd win by 2 touchdowns so I wouldn't have said I told you so if we'd lost. Check the predictions thread if you'd like.
Ok, no comment on the rest of the stuff? You are lying to yourself if you don't think this was a big game.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re:

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:23 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
utucats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

Ok, no comment on the rest of the stuff? You are lying to yourself if you don't think this was a big game.

I commented on the magnitude of this game in my response to PapaG. I think that pretty much covers it.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Alright, all you damn kids! Put your cell phones on the kitchen table and get your asses in your rooms! Tired of listening to all this crap. Want to watch Georgia-Auburn in a little peace and quiet...

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:24 pm

I think all he's saying is that one game alone doesn't completely change the opinion/perception, not that this wasn't a big game. But it's a good step in that direction.

GO CATS GO!!!

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:25 pm

utucats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
utucats wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I commented on the magnitude of this game in my response to PapaG. I think that pretty much covers it.
Didn't see that on my cell phone, my apologies. I understand what you were saying after that explanation. Your original post didn't make those points.

utucats
Member # Retired

Re:

Post by utucats » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:28 pm

BozoneCat wrote:I think all he's saying is that one game alone doesn't completely change the opinion/perception, not that this wasn't a big game. But it's a good step in that direction.

Exactly!!! Thank you. Some on here would like to use this game as a chance to say "told you so" to those of us who have been critical of the coaching staff. This is not the game for that but I sincerely hope that one day I'll have to say I was wrong.