The unknown awaits the Bobcats in San Luis Obispo

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: The unknown awaits the Bobcats in San Luis Obispo

Post by kwcat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
ElbowCat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:The team can land at the SLO airport, but not leave from it. Not a typo. They will fly into San Luis Obispo, bus to Santa Maria and stay Friday. After the game Saturday, they will bus back to Santa Maria and fly home.
How does the plane get from SLO to SM?
Google maps says highway 101. :coffee:
Oh ok, do they put it on a truck or does it drive itself
Disassemble, crate. transport, reassemble, cross fingers.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 am

kwcat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
ElbowCat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:The team can land at the SLO airport, but not leave from it. Not a typo. They will fly into San Luis Obispo, bus to Santa Maria and stay Friday. After the game Saturday, they will bus back to Santa Maria and fly home.
How does the plane get from SLO to SM?
Google maps says highway 101. :coffee:
Oh ok, do they put it on a truck or does it drive itself
Disassemble, crate. transport, reassemble, cross fingers.
Hmm... I wondered

Thx for clearing that up

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:13 pm

BWahlberg wrote:I think you guys are going to win big down there, especially based on what was told to me today. I know a lot of people roll their eyes about the "griz hangover" and quite frankly I don't necessarily believe it much either. However, in this case, I might. Cal Poly started their "winter" conditioning with reminders of their OT loss vs Montana. Throughout that time they heard the Montana fight song, saw videos that reminded them of the game, and the coaches even had players attending workouts and spring camp practices in Montana Grizzlies shirts and jerseys.

I think the cats have the talent on offense to win this game regardless of that - but when I heard that it just tells me that Poly is probably in for a big-time let down. They build their entire winter/spring/pre-fall around beating Montana. That's done now. They might not have that mental edge.

Just a little two cents worth sharing over here.
Hmmm. That seems a bit hard for me to believe. I certainly believe that the loss provided some extra incentive during the off season, but to say they built their entire Winter\Spring\Pre fall around beating Montana? Because of one game the prior season? If that's the case, whichever coach hatched that plan should be fired.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:16 pm

catatac wrote:
BWahlberg wrote:I think you guys are going to win big down there, especially based on what was told to me today. I know a lot of people roll their eyes about the "griz hangover" and quite frankly I don't necessarily believe it much either. However, in this case, I might. Cal Poly started their "winter" conditioning with reminders of their OT loss vs Montana. Throughout that time they heard the Montana fight song, saw videos that reminded them of the game, and the coaches even had players attending workouts and spring camp practices in Montana Grizzlies shirts and jerseys.

I think the cats have the talent on offense to win this game regardless of that - but when I heard that it just tells me that Poly is probably in for a big-time let down. They build their entire winter/spring/pre-fall around beating Montana. That's done now. They might not have that mental edge.

Hmmm. That seems a bit hard for me to believe. I certainly believe that the loss provided some extra incentive during the off season, but to say they built their entire Winter\Spring\Pre fall around beating Montana? Because of one game the prior season? If that's the case, whichever coach hatched that plan should be fired.
It is hard to believe. Where did you find that info, Brint?

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:43 pm

91catAlum wrote:
catatac wrote:

It is hard to believe. Where did you find that info, Brint?
A Griz coach, were told that after the game that Poly had been giving their players ample reminders of the loss last year since their winter conditioning. I probably over-stated it - I highly doubt their whole off-season was "BEAT THE GRIZ" but coming from what was told to UM coaches after the game there was a strong emphasis on it. Probably just reminders of the breaking point for last year's seasons for Poly to motivate them into this current season.

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:49 pm

It should've been emphasized for sure, because they really blew it last year by missing that FG and allowing a TD to tie it and lose in OT.

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BWahlberg » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:10 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:It should've been emphasized for sure, because they really blew it last year by missing that FG and allowing a TD to tie it and lose in OT.
If by "missing" you mean having it blocked, then yeah. They did blow it though, that was a chip-shot to take a 10 point lead with something like 1 minute left in the game.