SCOUTING REPORT: Cal Poly

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

SCOUTING REPORT: Cal Poly

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 am

It's no secret what the Mustangs want to do. The question for opponents is can they stop the vaunted triple option?Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: SCOUTING REPORT: Cal Poly

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 am

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but 1Is this the first game for us this year on grass and what do those in the now like you Colter think about how we will play on grass.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:31 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to ask but 1Is this the first game for us this year on grass and what do those in the now like you Colter think about how we will play on grass.
Might as well add one additional thought to the discussion. Earlier in the week I posted the forecast, looks like it's changed. Heat definitely won't be a problem. High for the day is around 60 ish, 50% chance of rain. I don't know that weather favors either team much, but it gives fans something to speculate on and pass the time!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am

Wasn't UC Davis grass?

JimmyEatWorld
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by JimmyEatWorld » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 pm

kwcat wrote:Wasn't UC Davis grass?
Sportexe Synthetic Turf according to UCD website.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:46 pm

JimmyEatWorld wrote:

thanks. I remember thinking it looked artificial but also recalled announcer referring to it as grass more than once. Just thought maybe it was good looking Cali grass.

Thus being possibly wet grass may be a new challenge.

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm

kwcat wrote:
JimmyEatWorld wrote:

thanks. I remember thinking it looked artificial but also recalled announcer referring to it as grass more than once. Just thought maybe it was good looking Cali grass.

When its wet both teams can play downhill and battle in the trenches. DB footing becomes an issue and WR's have the advantage on their first cut. We have a running and passing game. I like our chances if it is dry or wet....

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Marana CAT wrote:
kwcat wrote:
JimmyEatWorld wrote:

When its wet both teams can play downhill and battle in the trenches. DB footing becomes an issue and WR's have the advantage on their first cut. We have a running and passing game. I like our chances if it is dry or wet....
Agree. However it is their home field. Definitely need our A game. Get ahead early by 2-3 scores.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:37 pm

It is a really good tight grass field, shouldn't be a problem, although in the UM game I saw some divots

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.