Let's talk tailgate spots...again

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Let's talk tailgate spots...again

Post by lutecat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Hawks86 wrote:Make sure you have some alternative revenue generating ideas for him.
The letter said nothing about needing to raise more money. It referenced bringing into line those spots with the rest of the spots
This happened because Drew left and they took it over and saw the opportunity to raise more money.
Last edited by lutecat on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:09 pm

lutecat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:Make sure you have some alternative revenue generating ideas for him.
The letter said nothing about needing to raise more money. It referenced bringing into line those those sports with the rest of the spots
This happened because Drew left and they took it over and saw the opportunity to raise more money.
Yep.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:18 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
lutecat wrote:
The letter said nothing about needing to raise more money. It referenced bringing into line those those sports with the rest of the spots
Yep.
So this is Drew's fault?

That BASTARD

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
CatBlitz wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Yep.
So this is Drew's fault?

That BASTARD
I'm trying to get him back here...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm

As I've said, Cliff Hysell brought me back to Bobcat Football. I first bought season tickets the year after he came. I sat at about the 45 yard line. When they startd to charge for Tailgaiting it started at $5 first come first serve. They raised the price for my tickets and I moved to 114, about the 10 yard line. When they did the tailgating I jumped on the 2 closest spots to the stadium, mine is about 10 yards away. I also started traveling to about 2 away games per year. I have Bobcat plates on 4 vehicles. I always thought it was worth it. It is not less than $10 a month, it is $50 more per game. I also gave money for the new end zone.
I find it ironic that when Cliff died, they came up with the pricing that will keep me at home. All of the people that have started coming to the games since I started going will be happy that I have finally been priced out of the game (I'm one that asks them to sit when we have the ball).
I realize that someone else will be thrilled to get my tailgate spot, but it is still a sad day for me to get this letter.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 pm

allcat wrote:As I've said, Cliff Hysell brought me back to Bobcat Football. I first bought season tickets the year after he came. I sat at about the 45 yard line. When they startd to charge for Tailgaiting it started at $5 first come first serve. They raised the price for my tickets and I moved to 114, about the 10 yard line. When they did the tailgating I jumped on the 2 closest spots to the stadium, mine is about 10 yards away. I also started traveling to about 2 away games per year. I have Bobcat plates on 4 vehicles. I always thought it was worth it. It is not less than $10 a month, it is $50 more per game. I also gave money for the new end zone.
I find it ironic that when Cliff died, they came up with the pricing that will keep me at home. All of the people that have started coming to the games since I started going will be happy that I have finally been priced out of the game (I'm one that asks them to sit when we have the ball).
I realize that someone else will be thrilled to get my tailgate spot, but it is still a sad day for me to get this letter.
allcat, if your seats are in section 114, you are already paying the $300 as a Bobcat Club donation (based on 2014-15 Bobcat Club information booklet).

The letter doesn't say you have to make an additional $300 donation it says you just need to donate at that level at a minimum, which you or someone in your group is if you have season tickets.

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Let's talk tailgate spots...again

Post by bobcatmaniac » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 am

I can't remember what my bobcat club donation is. I used to pay about 500 but dropped it to 300 I believe when the tailgate spots doubled to 200 and ticket prices jumped. I just figured I robbed peter to pay Paul. I donated to the end zone. I am a lifetime alumni member. I donate when they call annually for my college. The pot is getting dry. But I will change something to keep the spot in the future if need be. Ten or so years ago we paid nothing for a tailgate spot. Then they decided we could reserve them. Hysel had nothing to do with that. I know we are supposedly honoring him but by the end of his tenure the stadium was almost empty. The big human turned football around. Almost so much that we ended in the gutter. We are still on a big upswing. Unfortunately our wallets will pay for that.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:44 am

kcatz wrote:
allcat wrote:As I've said, Cliff Hysell brought me back to Bobcat Football. I first bought season tickets the year after he came. I sat at about the 45 yard line. When they startd to charge for Tailgaiting it started at $5 first come first serve. They raised the price for my tickets and I moved to 114, about the 10 yard line. When they did the tailgating I jumped on the 2 closest spots to the stadium, mine is about 10 yards away. I also started traveling to about 2 away games per year. I have Bobcat plates on 4 vehicles. I always thought it was worth it. It is not less than $10 a month, it is $50 more per game. I also gave money for the new end zone.
allcat, if your seats are in section 114, you are already paying the $300 as a Bobcat Club donation (based on 2014-15 Bobcat Club information booklet).

The letter doesn't say you have to make an additional $300 donation it says you just need to donate at that level at a minimum, which you or someone in your group is if you have season tickets.
No 114 does not have a bobcat club donation.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:48 am

bobcatmaniac wrote:I can't remember what my bobcat club donation is. I used to pay about 500 but dropped it to 300 I believe when the tailgate spots doubled to 200 and ticket prices jumped. I just figured I robbed peter to pay Paul. I donated to the end zone. I am a lifetime alumni member. I donate when they call annually for my college. The pot is getting dry. But I will change something to keep the spot in the future if need be. Ten or so years ago we paid nothing for a tailgate spot. Then they decided we could reserve them. Hysel had nothing to do with that. I know we are supposedly honoring him but by the end of his tenure the stadium was almost empty. The big human turned football around. Almost so much that we ended in the gutter. We are still on a big upswing. Unfortunately our wallets will pay for that.
I wasn't trying to say Hysell filled the stadium, all I was saying was he asked me to come to the games and that brought me back. The rest of what I wrote was just a chronology. I have known this day was coming, but I also relate this to when they rearranged the field house to get more money, how has that worked?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:54 am

I understand that the Bobcat Club needs to raise money but the prices are getting out of control. I am a season ticket holder. When I told some Griz ticket holders the annual fee I pay to the Bobcat Club for "the right to purchase a season ticket", they couldn't believe it. I was too polite to ask what the Griz charge. Does anybody know what their fees are? What does a comparison look like between the two schools?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am

Cataholic wrote:I understand that the Bobcat Club needs to raise money but the prices are getting out of control. I am a season ticket holder. When I told some Griz ticket holders the annual fee I pay to the Bobcat Club for "the right to purchase a season ticket", they couldn't believe it. I was too polite to ask what the Griz charge. Does anybody know what their fees are? What does a comparison look like between the two schools?
They have around 19,000 season tickets all of which have different levels of fees depending on the seating. Looks like their lowest "fee" is about $260.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:15 am

Cataholic wrote:I understand that the Bobcat Club needs to raise money but the prices are getting out of control. I am a season ticket holder. When I told some Griz ticket holders the annual fee I pay to the Bobcat Club for "the right to purchase a season ticket", they couldn't believe it. I was too polite to ask what the Griz charge. Does anybody know what their fees are? What does a comparison look like between the two schools?
Uh, I just called them to get some info because I got curious........they charge a ton of money.

$120
$260
$420

Yeah, that's the most they charge. $420.(insert Missoula hippie joke here)

So on the plus side, if I pay $300 for the Varsity level to get my tailgate pass, I get to go to the hospitality room. So I got that going for me now.

What is the hospitality room and where is it at?
Last edited by lutecat on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 am

kcatz wrote:Just a few things to add before we flame away too much at the athletic department.

1. When the East side tailgate lot was transformed into its current rendition it was under control of the athletic department, which is why you saw a different set of rules for the East and West lots (think no alcohol carried in rule and the differences in tailgate start times).

2. This summer the Bobcat Club took (was given) control of the East tailgate lot.

3. In a transition meeting MSU police suggested the fee for that lot be raised (above the $200 it had already been raised to in 2013). The Bobcat Club chose not to make anyway changes for 2014.

Moving forward I don't think the Bobcat Club can (or should) administer both lots without treating them the same.
Are you saying these spots should be $400 like the west side?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 am

CatBlitz wrote:
kcatz wrote:Just a few things to add before we flame away too much at the athletic department.

1. When the East side tailgate lot was transformed into its current rendition it was under control of the athletic department, which is why you saw a different set of rules for the East and West lots (think no alcohol carried in rule and the differences in tailgate start times).

2. This summer the Bobcat Club took (was given) control of the East tailgate lot.

3. In a transition meeting MSU police suggested the fee for that lot be raised (above the $200 it had already been raised to in 2013). The Bobcat Club chose not to make anyway changes for 2014.

Moving forward I don't think the Bobcat Club can (or should) administer both lots without treating them the same.
So regardless of who's in charge, my point remains the same. Why would they reject a fee increase from $200 but make it a mandatory $500? Just to benefit the Bobcat Club? Seems selfish (for lack of a better term).
Benefit the Bobcat Club? You do know where ALL that money goes, don't you? Every Dime!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:23 am

ddlalum wrote:Kind of torn on this one….
On the one side, if there is an opportunity to charge a just price based on demand to generate scholarship monies, go for it.
However, I would hate to see students priced out of this aspect of game day. We need to do what we can to cater to the students, and I don’t think this helps.
Having a tailgate spot, I don’t have an issue with the increase as long as students still have access at a reasonable price. $500, is not reasonable for a student.
Good question about the "student" tailgate spots. I'll look into that

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:41 am

The reason we had a bunch of those rules(had to have a ticket, couldn't walk in with beer) were because it was such a sh!t show with them being actual student tailgates. It was fun for us that young, but who wants to walk their little kid passed a girl in college that can hardly stand and is slurring her explitive-laden words. Now that the students are no longer there, its a much more family atmosphere. More people tailgating too. Back when it was a muddy party every game, there were a lot of students partying at the spots toward the middle in the front of the tailgates, while there were a lot of empty spots towards the back. I think a lot of getting rid of that was selling the spots for the season. As people graduated, "adults" took their place and it became harder for a student to get a tailgate.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:50 am

lutecat wrote:
Uh, I just called them to get some info because I got curious........they charge a ton of money.

$120
$260
$420

So on the plus side, if I pay $300 for the Varsity level to get my tailgate pass, I get to go to the hospitality room. So I got that going for me now.

I am not sure about a hospitality room. Not even sure what it is.

If your schedule of fees are correct, it appears that the Griz fees are dramatically lower... I have great seats but pay $1,500 per year for that "right". By the way, this entitles me to Club Access which "only costs" another $25 per ticket. For my familly of 5 that is another $125 per game!!! Maybe I should be looking into Seahawks tickets.

My real question is " why does it cost more for Bobcat fans to purchase season tickets than for Griz fans?" These fees should at least be comparable.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 am

Are you paying $1,500 per seat ?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 am

Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:

$120
$260
$420

If your schedule of fees are correct, it appears that the Griz fees are dramatically lower... I have great seats but pay $1,500 per year for that "right". By the way, this entitles me to Club Access which "only costs" another $25 per ticket. For my familly of 5 that is another $125 per game!!! Maybe I should be looking into Seahawks tickets.

My real question is " why does it cost more for Bobcat fans to purchase season tickets than for Griz fans?" These fees should at least be comparable.
Just doing some quick and dirty research, this is what I've found between the two schools......

One slight difference between how MSU does it and how UM does it, UM's charges are PER SEAT, whereas MSU has a higher price, but you can get a larger block of seats (up to 6).

So for example, 6 seats on the 50 yard line at MSU will be a $1500 booster fee + ticket price. At UM, they would charge $2520 (6x$420) booster fee + ticket price.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 am

wbtfg wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
lutecat wrote:

$120
$260
$420

Just doing some quick and dirty research, this is what I've found between the two schools......

One slight difference between how MSU does it and how UM does it, UM's charges are PER SEAT, whereas MSU has a higher price, but you can get a larger block of seats (up to 6).

So for example, 6 seats on the 50 yard line at MSU will be a $1500 booster fee + ticket price. At UM, they would charge $2520 (6x$420) booster fee + ticket price.
Ok.. That makes a little more sense. I didn't think to ask her about that when I was on the phone this morning.