Record against Cal Poly

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Record against Cal Poly

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
exppi wrote:
JimmyEatWorld wrote:I was thinking we haven't done so hot against CP over the last 10 to 15 years, but didn't realize it has been this bad. We have played them 9 times since 1995 going 2 and 7, losing THE LAST 7 STRAIGHT! Here are the scores:

1995 W 13-10
1996 W 37-20
1997 L 19-20
1999 L 37-40
2000 L 14-35
2001 L 6-34
2003 L 21-24
2004 L 14-27
2005 L 10-38

Bout time to reverse fortunes!
I remember the 2001 game well. It was my first home Cat game as a freshman and I grew up in the SLO area and have been to Cal Poly many times. I ended up leaving after halftime as the -3 yard punt seemed indicative of how the game would turn out. I am really looking forward to watching the tables turn on Saturday night.
I remember that, I was a freshman too. Our punter was Aaron ______ can't remember his last name, but he played basketball for us. I also think that was the game we put in Lulay for the first time. I remember when Lulay completed his first pass- it was like "wow we completed a pass!"
Lulay was a freshman in 2002, his first game was at Idaho State. MSU lost the game controversially when Junior Adams was ruled out of bounds on what would have been a game winning TD as time expired. You could tell after about the first drive of that game though that MSU had something special...not unlike how it was with McGhee and now Prukop.
Yep, my freshman year of college at MSU as well. Fun times, and the stands weren't near as full as they are now! Seats on the 50 yd. line, a couple rows up, watching the red-headed Houdini single-handedly win games? Doesn't get much better than that!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: